• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I've got a couple of questions and some food for thought.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
While that part about MX being whole again was technically in Ultimania, it didn't come from Nomura himself. Therefore, I have my skeptism on the matter. Honestly, I think it'd make more sense if MX was time-traveling.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
While that part about MX being whole again was technically in Ultimania, it didn't come from Nomura himself. Therefore, I have my skeptism on the matter. Honestly, I think it'd make more sense if MX was time-traveling.

It depends on when the events in TWTNW during KH 3D took place. Xigbar never mentions this. He just says that (there's no reality or dreams anymore. Just you, me and this" (or something along those lines).

I don't think it was ever said if TWTNW was in the past, present, future or if it was a sleeping world. Therefore we cannot know if MX was time-travelling or not.

It's weird though that he appears there. I mean, shouldn't he become whole again on the place where he lost his heart?

Nayru's Love

Awards
If I recall correctly, TWTNW was in between the RoS and the RoL.

The weird thing about MX being whole is that he'd be coming back in his old form, which is a bit confusing to understand.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
If I recall correctly, TWTNW was in between the RoS and the RoL.

The weird thing about MX being whole is that he'd be coming back in his old form, which is a bit confusing to understand.

Ugh, Nomura you son of a--! D:

What I've been wondering though. Dreams are hold by sleep. Sleep is hold by Darkness. Wouldn't that make the RoS a part of the RoD?

The weird thing is that MX shouldn't respawn there, old form or not. He should either return at the Keyblade Graveyard or Radient Garden, where Lea & co returned. So there's definately something fishy going on there.

Nayru's Love

Awards
What I've been wondering though. Dreams are hold by sleep. Sleep is hold by Darkness. Wouldn't that make the RoS a part of the RoD?

I wouldn't say that "sleep" is within darkness. For one, that would mean that the RoS is also the Heartless' domain. Also, When Yen Sid was describing Ven's slumber, he described it as "between light and darkness."

The weird thing is that MX shouldn't respawn there, old form or not. He should either return at the Keyblade Graveyard or Radient Garden, where Lea & co returned. So there's definately something fishy going on there.
Under that possibility, MX could have respawned earlier than the scene in DDD.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Although that's exactly what Ansem says:

Dreams hold our memories.
Sleep holds our dreams.
And Darkness - it holds our sleep.

I'm guessing Ven's slumber is between Light and Darkness because he's sleeping in Castle Oblivion, a place between Light and Darkness.

And that's exactly what I'm going for. MX could've respawned earlier, which makes things fishy.

Another question I'd like to ask: Who's the Anti Black Coat? A Nightmare version of Riku maybe? Seeing as how he's Sora's Dream Eater.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Although that's exactly what Ansem says:

Dreams hold our memories.
Sleep holds our dreams.
And Darkness - it holds our sleep.
AtW could have been speaking metaphorically, to which sleep could be interpreted as darkness from a certain perspective Another quote of Yen Sid's was that there were "worlds not within light nor darkness, but within sleep."

I'm guessing Ven's slumber is between Light and Darkness because he's sleeping in Castle Oblivion, a place between Light and Darkness.
He wasn't in CO at that point yet.

Another question I'd like to ask: Who's the Anti Black Coat? A Nightmare version of Riku maybe? Seeing as how he's Sora's Dream Eater.
Idk, honestly. I'm gonna have to rape this game of all the info it has before I begin theorizing again.

billyzanesucks

I think it's just irrelevant. It's probably one of the boss fights that Nomura added in near the end to make things more interesting.

D

Deleted member 34215

I'll have to rewatch the whole scene, but I'm pretty sure that the other members are waiting for MX to come as in "get whole again". But at the end he disappears like all the others, meaning that maybe he time-traveled like the rest. Can't he time-travels too?

When Riku appeared in the TWTNW after the fight with Ansem SoD, he said that he was sure of being the real world but he still had his dream eater powers because Sora was still asleep. In fact, after the cutscene we get a new TWTNW logo like if we entered a total different world.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, I think it was just supposed to be a manifestation of Sora's nightmares and nothing else.

That was actually confirmed outright. It's just a nightmare and nothing else. The eyes even disclose it with a visual cue as these are undoubtly Nightmare-eyes.

Riku himself took on the "role" of a spirit dream eater inside Sora's dream (hence the symbol on his back). The Anti-Black Coat is simply the Nightmare version of this role, just like any spirit/nightmare pair you see throughout the game with any other Dream Eater.

I'll have to rewatch the whole scene, but I'm pretty sure that the other members are waiting for MX to come as in "get whole again". But at the end he disappears like all the others, meaning that maybe he time-traveled like the rest. Can't he time-travels too?

When Riku appeared in the TWTNW after the fight with Ansem SoD, he said that he was sure of being the real world but he still had his dream eater powers because Sora was still asleep. In fact, after the cutscene we get a new TWTNW logo like if we entered a total different world.

MX himself says that he got revived here as a person and it was the TWTNW in reality, as Riku said.

That "new" TWTNW logo was explained by Nomura, it signalled the change from dream world to reality in Riku's case.
In Sora's case it was exactly the other way around. When he arrived in the TWTNW for the first time it was reality (his first meeting with Xigbar and the "come with me"-scene with Young Xehanort) and after that it was a Dream for Sora.

Smithee

Awards
Wouldn't becoming a floating heart mean that a Heartless is created? I mean, Xehanort had to become a Heartless in order to gain that power. That would make things really complicated so that's why I think this isn't the case. However, people have already said that Nomura said himself how YX got the power and that he acted as a portal for Xemnas etc.

Still doesn't make sense how they can keep their body. That doesn't make sense to me no matter what. If you leave your body behind in order to tavel through time, then in who's body do you end up?

[video=youtube;ruLIkHIIuwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruLIkHIIuwE[/video]

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
AtW could have been speaking metaphorically, to which sleep could be interpreted as darkness from a certain perspective Another quote of Yen Sid's was that there were "worlds not within light nor darkness, but within sleep."

Well, it's actually Ansem Seeker of Darkness that said those lines soo yeah. The two statements actually contradict eachother. Ansem clearly says that sleep is held by Darkness and therefore Sora's heart belonged to Darkness. So yeah, it's yet another strange thing in this game lol

He wasn't in CO at that point yet.

Ah, my bad!

I'm not sure if he can time-travel actually. I suppose he can, along with the help of YX. But I am not sure at all.

MX himself says that he got revived here as a person and it was the TWTNW in reality, as Riku said.

But that's so strange. I mean, I'm pretty sure he didn't loose his heart there, right? It doesn't really make that much sense for him to be revived right on that place.

That "new" TWTNW logo was explained by Nomura, it signalled the change from dream world to reality in Riku's case.
In Sora's case it was exactly the other way around. When he arrived in the TWTNW for the first time it was reality (his first meeting with Xigbar and the "come with me"-scene with Young Xehanort) and after that it was a Dream for Sora.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up!

[video=youtube;ruLIkHIIuwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruLIkHIIuwE[/video]

lmao!

Nayru's Love

Awards
Well, it's actually Ansem Seeker of Darkness that said those lines soo yeah. The two statements actually contradict eachother. Ansem clearly says that sleep is held by Darkness and therefore Sora's heart belonged to Darkness. So yeah, it's yet another strange thing in this game lol

Sora's heart didn't actually belong to darkness; if that were the case, he'd probably be a Heartless. Again.

The darkness he was referring to might have been the torment that comes with going to sleep with the futile desire to complete a goal.

But that's so strange. I mean, I'm pretty sure he didn't loose his heart there, right? It doesn't really make that much sense for him to be revived right on that place.
Keep in mind that, in order for YMX to travel to the present, he (well, his future counterpart) has to exist within the flow of time during the present.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Sora's heart didn't actually belong to darkness; if that were the case, he'd probably be a Heartless. Again.

The darkness he was referring to might have been the torment that comes with going to sleep with the futile desire to complete a goal.

Hmmm yeah. I guess he's in the same kind of slumber as Ven is in right now. I guess his heart belonged to the Darkness of the RoS (would make sense since the armor that protected Sora against the Darkness, became a Nightmare).

Keep in mind that, in order for YMX to travel to the present, he (well, his future counterpart) has to exist within the flow of time during the present.

That's true. That must mean he already was revived before his younger self went to the present TWTNW right? Otherwise, YX couldn't be there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Belonging to Darkness or falling into it isn't the same as being consumed by it.
Only the latter causes the birth of a Heartless.

Nayru, going by that logic we would also have to wonder why Aqua didn't become a Heartless or Riku in KH 1 whose heart also fell into darkness.

As for the torment, that was already mentioned in Coded by Data-Naminé.
She warned Mickey and Data-Sora that the combined pain of those connected to him would be too much for Sora to handle and cause his heart to fall to the darkness.
Data-Roxas also alluded to that more than once and this is practically exactly what happened now in DDD.
Like Xigbar said, Sora's heart falling into darkness wasn't caused by any "illusions" or tricks played by him or one of the Xehanort's, they just knew of this fact Data-Naminé mentioned and goaded Sora to tap into the torment of the others unprepared by ensuring he would sleep.

That's true. That must mean he already was revived before his younger self went to the present TWTNW right? Otherwise, YX couldn't be there.
YX could be there because Xigbar was there, he's already half-Xehanort and therefore counts as "existing" because he has a piece of Xehanort.
YX specifically says to Riku that Master Xehanort will be revived just there in the throne, not beforehand somewhere else.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
YX could be there because Xigbar was there, he's already half-Xehanort and therefore counts as "existing" because he has a piece of Xehanort.
YX specifically says to Riku that Master Xehanort will be revived just there in the throne, not beforehand somewhere else.

That's true as well. Well, I guess this is something left deliberately open. I mean, do we know where Xehanort lost his heart or not?

aspenvenom619

hahaha who knows anymore. i figured it was the past because of young sora and riku, and xigbar but i've been inceptioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back