• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I've got a couple of questions and some food for thought.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
hahaha who knows anymore. i figured it was the past because of young sora and riku, and xigbar but i've been inceptioned

Yeah, I really think Nomura made things a bit too complicated here! I mean, I'm all for complicated plots but don't make it unnecessarily difficult to understand y'know? :p

naturemage2

Hmm may i add some question of my own: In the grid, YH mentions that the world of data does not dream. Does this mean that sora and riku were already in the real world such as dreams projection crossing into the real world?

Next: Do the recomplete beings keep their powers from their nobodies?
for example: braigs, Isa and Lea had their weapons and their abilities of their nobodies selves. And if you include xemnas with his building tossing power.

Is that power from their hearts or drawn from the darkness?

iLeen

Awards
Hmm may i add some question of my own: In the grid, YH mentions that the world of data does not dream. Does this mean that sora and riku were already in the real world such as dreams projection crossing into the real world?

Next: Do the recomplete beings keep their powers from their nobodies?
for example: braigs, Isa and Lea had their weapons and their abilities of their nobodies selves. And if you include xemnas with his building tossing power.

Is that power from their hearts or drawn from the darkness?

That confused me as well, because I was pretty sure The Grid was a dream world since Sora and Riku opened up sleeping keyhole of that world.

I think the Somebodies do keep their Nobody powers, since it is shown with Axel/Lea and maybe Xigbar/Braig and Saix/Isa. Not explained how or why (since the birth of their powers is unknown), but I wouldn't delve into too much thought in this one:p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's true as well. Well, I guess this is something left deliberately open. I mean, do we know where Xehanort lost his heart or not?

It is, the whole Xehanort-mess was confirmed to be left a mystery deliberately in the Ultimania.

hahaha who knows anymore. i figured it was the past because of young sora and riku, and xigbar but i've been inceptioned

Think logically, the version of TWTNW Sora and Riku traverse in DDD can't be the past because it's the destroyed version with skyscrapers and debris lying around everywhere.
It's the afternath of the final battle in KH2 where Xemnas' dragon nearly trashed everything.

It's actually also all explained in the Ultimania and the Famitsu interview about the Ultimania:

Nomura on the World that never was in DDD said:
Famitsu:

— I want to ask more about the World That Never Was. Is that world a part of reality? Or is also a world of sleep?
Nomura: When that world’s logo appears, it indicates the boundary between the dream and reality. When Sora arrives, it’s reality and then goes into a world of sleep. Riku arrives in the sleeping world, and as you progress and the world logo appears, that’s when it becomes reality.
— When both of them are in the reality parts, they don’t return to their original bodies. Why is that?
Nomura: It’s because of Yen Sid’s magic that they’ve taken their old forms. If they didn’t return to Yen Sid’s place, their bodies wouldn’t return back to normal. Incidentally, their new outfits were thanks to Yen Sid’s magic as Sora suspected. Only “the mark of heresy” was added by Organization XIII.

DDD Ultimania Scenario mysteries:

— In the latter half of The World That Never Was, despite returning to the real world, why do Sora and co. stay in that form and why do Dream Eaters appear etc?
Nomura: Sora and co.’s form is due to Yen Sid’s magic, so the way it works is that they can’t turn back until they return to the Mysterious Tower, and Dream Eaters were appearing because Sora was still asleep. Also, ever since Organisation XIII was defeated in KH2, the The World That Never Was’
existence as a world has become uncertain. In the first place, the worlds in the rift between darkness and light have different rules than other worlds. The Mysterious Tower isn’t always standing in a fixed place. Traverse Town too reforms its shape every time, which is why the version that appears in this title is clearly different than the version in KH1.

iLeen

Awards
Think logically, the version of TWTNW Sora and Riku traverse in DDD can't be the past because it's the destroyed version with skyscrapers and debris lying around everywhere.
It's the afternath of the final battle in KH2 where Xemnas' dragon nearly trashed everything.

Sora and Riku sure did a number on TWTNW...poor Organization XIII home :< ...but yeah, that make it undeniable proof that the things that take place in TWTNW during 3D happens in the present.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sora and Riku sure did a number on TWTNW...poor Organization XIII home :< ...but yeah, that make it undeniable proof that the things that take place in TWTNW during 3D happens in the present.

It was rather Xemnas overdoing the annual spring cleaning by using his Dragon, lol. Also, it's always he throwing the buildings while Riku and Sora had to dodge.

iLeen

Awards
It was rather Xemnas overdoing the annual spring cleaning by using his Dragon, lol. Also, it's always he throwing the buildings while Riku and Sora had to dodge.

That's true (although Riku and Sora end up slicing it as well...conclusion: both parties are at fault). And Xemnas just makes the situation worse in 3D...haha.

Sorry, getting off topicXD

Xammag

Though I haven't beaten the game yet or fully comprehended its ending, I think the problem with time travel at this point is that it is being explained by the same unreliable narrators to misinformed us in the first place. Of course, the majority of their explanations are probably true.

With YX, does his defeat mean he gets his mind wiped and goes back to his time? For the future not to be changed by his actions, he would have to return to his original time one way or another, right? And if everyone started fading away after YX got defeated (I'm just assuming), you would think they would have protected him a little better.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Though I haven't beaten the game yet or fully comprehended its ending, I think the problem with time travel at this point is that it is being explained by the same unreliable narrators to misinformed us in the first place. Of course, the majority of their explanations are probably true.

With YX, does his defeat mean he gets his mind wiped and goes back to his time? For the future not to be changed by his actions, he would have to return to his original time one way or another, right? And if everyone started fading away after YX got defeated (I'm just assuming), you would think they would have protected him a little better.

That actually makes sense! I also think that he was the only one that was supposedly immune to the Stopza spell from Mickey, therefore, he was the only one that could stop Riku and Mickey from taking Sora away. That's my guess at least.

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
That actually makes sense! I also think that he was the only one that was supposedly immune to the Stopza spell from Mickey, therefore, he was the only one that could stop Riku and Mickey from taking Sora away. That's my guess at least.

YX broke through Mickey's Spell, because MX had transferred his consciousness to YX. So in all actuality, it is MX that Riku fights, just in YX's body.

This is how YX was able to wield a Keyblade.

It is also said that MX could do this with any of his incarnations.

billyzanesucks

Just to clarify, Master Xehanort possessed Young Xehanort's body in the moment he manifested, which is how he was able to break the spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back