• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I've got a question and I'm confused....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh2fan_infinite

Do you guys remember Axel's quote? The one when he says to Sora...something like: 'When your sleeping memories awaken, you may no longer be you.'

How did he know? I mean, at that time, he probably doesn't know of DiZ's plan yet...but he was right. I've given quite some thought on this and I'm confused. :confused: How did he know that Sora's memories will awaken in Roxas? :blink:

Akans

「moriya」
Actually, by the time Sora and his friends get to Castle Oblivion, Roxas had already joined and rebelled against Org 13. Axel knew this (duh) and... well, I think that he meant "When your sleeping memories awaken, you may no longer be you" as in Sora will no longer be Sora, and cannot control his memories or feelings (e.g. Getting mad at Goofy and Donal), not Roxas will have awakened memories.

"When your sleeping memories awaken, you may no longer be you"

Well as we know Roxas is the Nobody of Sora, therefore Roxas has the ability to see the memories of Sora.

Therefore, by Axel speaking to Sora, it'd allow Roxas to see this memory of this discussion taking place?

So in fact, could Axel be trying to communicate through Sora to get to Roxas?

Possible?

Siax808

at home fighting saix over and over and over
Well as we know Roxas is the Nobody of Sora, therefore Roxas has the ability to see the memories of Sora.

Therefore, by Axel speaking to Sora, it'd allow Roxas to see this memory of this discussion taking place?

Possible?

thats a good assumption i do agree
with wat ur sayin

kh2fan_infinite

Possible?

But...if Roxas could see Sora's memories, won't he know Sora exists in the first place and therefore not join the organization at all? And I think (the last time I checked Wikipedia) Roxas couldn't remember being Sora at all because Sora had been a Heartless for such a short time? Squeenix is confusing...:huh: If I don't make sense just tell me and I'll try to explain it better ^^;.

But...if Roxas could see Sora's memories, won't he know Sora exists in the first place and therefore not join the organization at all?

Well a few things come down to this;

1. Roxas joined Organization XIII when he was found by Xemnas in Twilight Town, for all we know Xemnas knew of Sora's and Roxas's link, therefore, convinced him it was in his best intrest to join.

2. Roxas lacks memories of his previous life, due to the short time Sora had spent as a Heartless. So he may only know of Sora, or may only know of what he has to do. But that may not all be to clear to him still, catch my drift?

3. Being confused and alone, I'd to want to seek help/friendship so he does exactly that; During Roxas's time in the Organization, he and Axel became friends.

kh2fan_infinite

Well a few things come down to this;

1. Roxas joined Organization XIII when he was found by Xemnas in Twilight Town, for all we know Xemnas knew of Sora's and Roxas's link, therefore, convinced him it was in his best intrest to join.

2. Roxas lacks memories of his previous life, due to the short time Sora had spent as a Heartless. So he may only know of Sora, or may only know of what he has to do. But that may not all be to clear to him still, catch my drift?

3. Being confused and alone, I'd to want to seek help/friendship so he does exactly that; During Roxas's time in the Organization, he and Axel became friends.

Ohhh....I gotcha. That means he knows of Sora but doesn't know Sora's his other half? But...Roxas should've figured it out...right? It's not that hard to rearrange Roxas without the 'x'. Maybe he just doesn't have time to sit around idle like me! :mellow: XD

Ohhh....I gotcha. That means he knows of Sora but doesn't know Sora's his other half?

I'm assuming so, he doesn't know who the hell Sora is? Or what he is doing in his memories? He's just confused, I guess.

But...Roxas should've figured it out...right? It's not that hard to rearrange Roxas without the 'x'. Maybe he just doesn't have time to sit around idle like me! :mellow: XD

He could know of Sora, and not know his actual identity; name, age, description etc. etc.

DELTA

Possible?

That is actually a 99% true theory, this would explain why in KH2 that they kept on calling sora a traitor and for him to come back, they were trying to tell Roxas!

That is actually a 99% true theory, this would explain why in KH2 that they kept on calling sora a traitor and for him to come back, they were trying to tell Roxas!

That may just be the reason why indeed. :)

funnymanhaha1000

Actually, by the time Sora and his friends get to Castle Oblivion, Roxas had already joined and rebelled against Org 13. Axel knew this (duh) and... well, I think that he meant "When your sleeping memories awaken, you may no longer be you" as in Sora will no longer be Sora, and cannot control his memories or feelings (e.g. Getting mad at Goofy and Donal), not Roxas will have awakened memories.

um. wow. you are waaaay wrong. Roxas joined the organization AFTER castle oblivion. an interview with nomura confirms that. When does axel say that to sora? if he had said it to ROXAS, then ROXAS wouldve remembered sora instead of the foggy memories he has that are disoriented because of namine's influence over sora's mind.

wow................

lux_crusader

Guys, think of the context of the quote. This was in Castle Oblivion when Sora had lost his memories. But he also had fake memories of Namine. So if his true memories awaken he will no longer care for Namine, making him, in a way, a different person.

Roxas cannot see Sora's memories. Roxas had the dreams of Sora because Sora's memories were being restored through him in the digital Twilight Town. Roxas was literally connected to Sora through the town, so as the memories returned to Sora, Roxas also experienced them. DiZ specifically says that he has the dreams because of this.

The reason they talk to Sora as if he's Roxas is because he IS Roxas. Or, at least, Roxas is inside of him and aware of things.
1. Roxas reacts with a tear when they leave Twilight Town
2. Roxas fights Sora after Axel dies
3. Roxas physically appears to Sora after the Xemnas fight
4. Roxas sees Kairi as Namine and vice-versa at the end of the game

Also, if you're going to use a Nomura interview as evidence, then at least quote it. If you do this, maybe next time you'll realize that you are 100% WRONG. Roxas was a member of the Organization at the time of the Oblivion incident. From KH2 Ultimania;
"When was the XIII Organization founded?
The timing is when Philosopher Ansem's 6 disciples turned into Heartless. The XIII Organization is called like that just because it has recruited 13 members, but it doesn't matter if it has "XIII" in its name or not. All 13 members were already gathered in KH:COM but the members that were in Castle Oblivion still called it as the "Organization.":

Hyrenking

lux_crusader, very nice, I agree completely. There's just one thing that I wanted to say here.
Axel was not using this quote to talk to Roxas. As it has been said, the meaning behind it is just that with the 'memories' of Namine, Sora will not be who he once was. In other words, know that the Organization has put this in his head, they are controlling him.
The reason why Axel could not be using this to talk to Roxas, even if we ignore the obvious meaning of the quote, is that Roxas and Sora are now divided. Talking to Sora to talk to Roxas does not work. That is why we don't see any Organization members doing it until after the two become one in KH2. If you still believe that Axel is using Sora to talk to Roxas in this quote, please reconsider and at least find a way to prove me wrong, otherwise, you're wrong :D

First of let me say welcome to KHInsider.com mate, look forward to posting with you.

Guys, think of the context of the quote. This was in Castle Oblivion when Sora had lost his memories. But he also had fake memories of Namine.

Are you sure they're fake? Because As you should know Kairi had her heart within Sora's at the time of the Heartless incident, could this be why he's expeirencing these memories?

So if his true memories awaken he will no longer care for Namine, making him, in a way, a different person.

True, he does forget, about Namine, but not untill they return to the hosts hearts?

Roxas cannot see Sora's memories. Roxas had the dreams of Sora because Sora's memories were being restored through him in the digital Twilight Town.

That or he can't remember much at the time, because the gap between Heartless and human was to short?

Roxas was literally connected to Sora through the town, so as the memories returned to Sora, Roxas also experienced them.

I have heard of something along the lines of Roxas, and his connection to Twilight Town. But am not fully aware of it. Care to explain?

Hyrenking

I can't answer for someone, but I can still answer your questions, gungonX, here's what I think.

I am positive the memories are fake, because Namine says they are fake. If you want to reread the story, go here Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories FAQs - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Walkthroughs - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Guides and start reading from this line in the game script, by dragonblade3325
Naminé: Thank you. Oh, Sora, forgive me... I'm not supposed to be in this
picture.
Use Control F to find the point in the Script.

Next, a better way of saying what is meant in the quote is that Sora will be a different person than who he would be had he not had his memories shifted by Namine. Other than that I'm not sure what you mean by until they return the hosts hearts. The time that the memories come back is arbitrary and not the point of the quote nor topic anyway.

Well, the reason why what happens in the game happens in the game is really up to anyone to decide, and can only be vindicated by Nomura. So, if you really care, just read Kingdom Hearts Another Report, and you'll get enough of Nomura's ideas to fill in the reasons for the events yourself.

The reason why Twilight Town is literally connected to Sora is because the Twilight Town that we are reffering to is the one that does not exist. This one, whether physically or not, allows Namine to reconstruct Sora to have Roxas inside him again. So, as one of them started remembering, the other did too, because they were becoming the same person again.

Hope this helps, but your questions were kinda far from the purposes of the text you quoted and are further from the purpose of this topic. So my question for you would be, why?

I can't answer for someone, but I can still answer your questions, gungonX, here's what I think.

O.k. shoot. XD

I am positive the memories are fake, because Namine says they are fake. If you want to reread the story, go here Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories FAQs - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Walkthroughs - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Guides and start reading from this line in the game script, by dragonblade3325
Naminé: Thank you. Oh, Sora, forgive me... I'm not supposed to be in this
picture.
Use Control F to find the point in the Script.

Nice research!

Next, a better way of saying what is meant in the quote is that Sora will be a different person than who he would be had he not had his memories shifted by Namine. Other than that I'm not sure what you mean by until they return the hosts hearts. The time that the memories come back is arbitrary and not the point of the quote nor topic anyway.

To my knowledge, I would've thought it would've been more useful to Sora and the others if he was able to sustain his memory. I don't know why Namine had to do this. Anyhow, yes I understand, it's just difficult to grasp the fact as such.

The reason why Twilight Town is literally connected to Sora is because the Twilight Town that we are reffering to is the one that does not exist. This one, whether physically or not, allows Namine to reconstruct Sora to have Roxas inside him again. So, as one of them started remembering, the other did too, because they were becoming the same person again.

O.k. I can see where you are coming from, I was on the lines of the town being of a somewhat 'realm', and that it's able to feed and grow based on memories? Or something of a similar concept?

Hope this helps, but your questions were kinda far from the purposes of the text you quoted and are further from the purpose of this topic. So my question for you would be, why?

Because, I'm not overly happy with the ways of CoM, and have sought ideas about it, to satisfy my confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back