• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jesse McCartney & Kingdom Hearts 2 / Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
So, as we all know, Roxas' voice is done by no other than Jesse McCartney. I know that a lot of people don't like him -or hate him- but do you think that he ruined the game's image when he was part of the introduction to the game in the Disney Channel commercial shown some time ago?!

Here's the link:
YouTube - Disney 411: Kingdom Hearts 2

And also, in the link to the video below, I don't think that he has any idea about what the game is really all about, lmao. Jesse, Jesse, Jesse.

Here's the link:
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts II - Jessie McCartney

He's being stupid here too (4:10 to speed it up):

YouTube - Meeting Roxas (Jesse McCartney At M.O.A.)

Some people I know are still in great shock that he is even a part of the voice acting cast...

Soo, tell me what you think.

-Sora788

Last edited:

afrobutt

Silver Member
actually, i found that out a year ago and i was pissed ><. But he DOES do a good job voice acting Roxas.

Funny fact- Sora is voiced by Haley Joe Osment (sp?) (from 6th Sense)
and Riku is voiced by David Galleger (sp?) (7th Heaven)
and they are all blond dudes who get called gay XD

That Disney 411 thing actually gave away the ending to the game. Y'know, Xemnas, Riku.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
He didn't even have to change his voice at all, his voice for Roxas is his normal voice.

Lmao, I didn't know that Haley and David were called gay, i knew that Jesse was. Everytime i hear a song sung by Jessica - I mean Jesse - I can't stop getting images of Roxas in my head lolz. If Roxas had to sing in Kh (pfft, no effin way) then all they'd need is any song by Jessica - I mean Jesse.

Look at these people (and Jesse at 4:11 if you wanna cut to it): I am serious, he forgot whoo he was -watch to know what Im talking about. He even signs his Roxas doll.!!!

That just made my day!!

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
This is so OLD but i was angry cause he sucks overall but i let it slid that he did the voice acting

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
So, as we all know, Roxas' voice is done by no other than Jesse McCartney. I know that a lot of people don't like him -or hate him- but do you think that he ruined the game's image when he was part of the introduction to the game in the Disney Channel commercial shown some time ago?!

Here's the link:

And also, in the link to the video below, I don't think that he has any idea about what the game is really all about, lmao. Jesse, Jesse, Jesse.

Here's the link:

Some people I know are still in great shock that he is even a part of the voice acting cast...

Soo, tell me what you think.

-Sora788

I personally don't like Jesse McCartney very much, nor do I think he did a super great job as Roxas. He did an amazing job making him sound like he didn't have a heart during the Sora Roxas fight and during the scenes where Roxas is remembering his past with the Organization. The one thing I didn't like that he did was that he massively underplayed the sounds Roxas made when fighting. I mean. During the Sora Roxas fight, it didn't really sound..I don't know how to describe it. But he could have put more effort into it I guess. It wasn't Terrible. But it wasn't great either. If he is the voice of Ven in BBS, lets hope he does a better job.

That Disney 411 thing actually gave away the ending to the game. Y'know, Xemnas, Riku.

yeah i wasnt too happy about that when i saw it on Disney Channel.

Jesse did a good job voice acting for Roxas. i dont see any flaws. in that one interview one, the second video you posted, yeah it did seem like he was confused no lie. but still it seems like he had some idea..

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
I had no idea any of those ever existed.

That being said, I find he did a good job voice acting, and that's enough. So he forgot about it, who cares? I'm sure he was way more important things to focus on than a video game.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Yeah, i know it was old. Did you watch the video i posted in the second post?! Watch like at 4:11, he forgets about kh, he even admits it. What a dumbass!!!
I don't blame him i forgot about kingdom hearts till about now .-.

gosox333

I loved his voice as Roxas, and I don't really have anything to dislike him for exept for the kind of music he sings so overall I think he's okay. Also, has it been confirmed that he is the voice for Ven?

Karn1254

Why the hell would you bother remembering a video game when your that good looking and have THAT many girls screaming over you!

He did a good job with the voice as well.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
lol I had never had anything agaist Jesse McCartney untill now, That last video just made me angry... Grrr...

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

Here's the link:

Honestly, I'm just happy that the Disney Channel was spreading the word about Kingdom Hearts! I say, the more fans the better! Now, when I first found out that Jesse was doing Roxas' voice, I thought it was a weird idea, but when now that I've played the game I can't picture anyone else doing his voice. He did a great job and I hope they can get him back for 358/2 Days.

Here's the link:

I've seen those interviews, they all say pretty much the same thing: their character is so-and-so, a brief description of so-and-so, followed by what a great game Kingdom Hearts is, and why. David Gallagher's interview is by far the most different and the funniest! "Riku...he's a sexy guy! You know every girl wants the bad boy..." And he's probably never even SEEN the fanfiction! ;)

He's being stupid here too (4:10 to speed it up):

Ok, I know it looks bad that he doesn't remember which one's Roxas (especially after he just signed the action figure) but I think we need to put ourselves in the guy's shoes for a minute. He must've done the voice acting for Roxas back in 2005 if the game came out in early 2006. Now he's a famous actor/singer promoting Alvin and the Chipmunks at the Mall of America in late 2007, roughly two years after he worked for Square-Enix. That mall looked packed and the person who uploaded the video said she and her friends were surrounded by shrieking fangirls. So he's signing all sorts of stuff from fans that are more interested in his singing career and possibly kids that are interested in his new movie, and suddenly some girls in Organization XIII cloaks come up and have him sign the giant Nobody symbol that they made, based off a game he was involved in two years ago! (Not that there's anything wrong with that; I'm glad they're keeping the KH spirit alive!) But seriously, add it all up, and if I were him I'd feel pretty overwhelmed.

Vanguard XIII

Sharing a dorm with Mama Luigi and Robotnik
actually, i found that out a year ago and i was pissed ><. But he DOES do a good job voice acting Roxas.

Funny fact- Sora is voiced by Haley Joe Osment (sp?) (from 6th Sense)
and Riku is voiced by David Galleger (sp?) (7th Heaven)
and they are all blond dudes who get called gay XD

Gay guys have been know to have great drama backgrounds. Like the transvestite they had play Tracy's mother in the older 1990's Hairspray movie.

But that doesn't mean these actors are gay. They're just good at doing their job.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
He didn't even have to change his voice at all, his voice for Roxas is his normal voice.

Lmao, I didn't know that Haley and David were called gay, i knew that Jesse was. Everytime i hear a song sung by Jessica - I mean Jesse - I can't stop getting images of Roxas in my head lolz. If Roxas had to sing in Kh (pfft, no effin way) then all they'd need is any song by Jessica - I mean Jesse.

QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I can't watch a movie with Haley in it without painting spiky hair on him in my head.lol. For the voice acting I think he did a good job even though I wouldn't have thought of him for an emotional character like Roxas.
bowchickawowwow

Vanguard XIII

Sharing a dorm with Mama Luigi and Robotnik
Personally, I think he just doesn't care for public events. He did do a good job as Roxas, and most likely, he'll do a good job as Ven, but by signing himself for these roles like Theodore (F#CKING THEODORE, WHICH CRUSHED ANY RESPECT I HAD FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE) shows he only cares how well a job pays, which further destroys the respect of his fans. Notice how unenthusiastically he acts in the video with the Chipmunks release.

But with Haley and David, they enjoy their jobs because they like acting out these sorts of characters. Just look at the interviews with the cast; you'll see they actually KNOW their characters. Plus they weren't at that lame 411 thing to make fools of themselves.

Them, I hold in HIGH respect.

And I also think each and every one of those whiny, pre-Madonna CHIMPUNKS SUCK ASS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back