• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jump Festa Speculation Time!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobjam

Awards
So guys now that the the D23 event has come and gone we now have Jump Festa this December to talk about and look forward to. What do you think is going to be revealed or shown? I don't think we will get anymore than what we got at this event (a small 'peak into' trailer) but who knows, we could get lucky.

Also a question; what has been revealed before by Square at previous Jump Festa events? I.e. Have they released big trailers at that event rather than TGS before or have they generally made KH not have much presence there.

I think also it might be time by then that they start showing us some art or stills from the game which may lead us to our first world reveal and I almost hope this happens more than another 1 minute trailer. Pictures sometimes get people talking more because you are having to look at one thing only rather than lots of other things that distract you. Pictures are also a greater tease than trailers which can be fun.

But what do you think?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Probably a more story-driven trailer and a look at a new world. It won't be GIGANTIC STUFF though. Longest amount of footage you can expect is probably like, five minutes, and that's being generous. SUPER EXCITED THOUGH

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Overall, it's been a great year for Kingdom Hearts news. I wouldn't write anything out. We can always get new trailers if anything.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Given that KH3 won't be out for a while, they'll have to be very cautious about keeping up coverage. So, I can't expect anything as big as the usual KH presence in Jump Festa, or at least not until a year or two from now. 2.5 is free game, though, and probably a great distraction from KH3 coverage.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Personally, I would be more than happy if we just got a look at Sora's new outfit, or maybe a world confirmed. I'm not expecting anything crazy big, but since JF is Nomura's favorite event, I could see us getting something small like that:) (And if we did, it would be perfect for me, since I think I'm going to stay away from videos from now on), but these are just my two-cents...

And does anyone else have the strange feeling that orange might be put into Sora's costume somewhere, since we now know that was originally supposed to be the color of his shorts?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if there was radio silence regarding KH3 for a while. I'm just expecting 2.5 stuff at this year's jump festa.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
More of KH3 has just been revealed, so I'm not expecting anything related to it. Details on the game is going to be made known to public little by little after all.

I can see more things coming out about 2.5 though. More screenshots, and probably some gameplay clips depicting a boss battle in HD. That's what I think.

moonstar_xo

I'm not expecting any new KH3 stuff, but I wouldn't say it's out of the question. If anything there may be some sort of interview with Nomura or someone else involved in the game that maybe gives some more details on KH3's story, gameplay, worlds, or anything like that. The 2.5 release date may be revealed, though, and I imagine some gameplay videos/screencaps will probably be available. Maybe a new trailer for that also?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I don't know when 1.5's boxart was released, but I definitely hoping for 2.5's boxart to be revealed at Jump Festa. As for KH3, I doubt there'll be much. I don't think Sora's outfit will be revealed until the game is further along, so I doubt much else will be shown. Plus, now that 2.5 is out of the bag, they have a nice distraction to divert our attention from the lack of KH3 info.

Which I'm perfectly fine with, honestly. I've been more hyped for 2.5 than 3 for a while, simply because I knew 2.5 was coming out way sooner.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
i'll be content to see at least one new world for KHIII or some new artwork. looking forward to December.

DanX

We probably won't get anything new regarding KH3 considering what we just got at the D23 Expo. There's a chance we'll get a new trailer for 2.5 and possibly a release date.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
There's a chance we'll get a new trailer for 2.5 and possibly a release date.
I'm pretty much expecting a release date for 2.5 as well, though I feel like that's a little optimistic.

As for KH3 I don't think we'll get a lot, especially after the new trailer we just got. I'm thinking we might get costumes or something small like that.

MizuMikomi

Awards
I am expecting a showing of the trailer we were recently given and the presence of some Kingdom Hearts III related key art—and or—concept art. Along with the usually lengthy Jump Festa styled trailer that Kingdom Hearts tends to get around that time of year, for HD II.5 with a release date and a slightly possible reveal of the boxart for II.5. Even if they are further in development than we thought before; as implied by the recent interview, they can't go blowing all of their potential KH3 coverage for next year all in one sitting.

Bobjam

Awards
I am expecting a showing of the trailer we were recently given and the presence of some Kingdom Hearts III related key art—and or—concept art. Along with the usually lengthy Jump Festa styled trailer that Kingdom Hearts tends to get around that time of year, for HD II.5 with a release date and a slightly possible reveal of the boxart for II.5. Even if they are further in development than we thought before; as implied by the recent interview, they can't go blowing all of their potential KH3 coverage for next year all in one sitting.

This is what my 'optimistic' self thinks will happen but after thinking about it more it makes sense for Square to give 2.5 presence over KH3 as others have been saying. I think we might find his other big project (FFXV) also taking up some of the schedule as well so yeah a trailer or more screens/information for 2.5 is likely ^^.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'd settle for some Nomura art of Sora's new outfit.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'd settle for some Nomura art of Sora's new outfit.

Ditto. And if not that, some renders of Riku and Kairi in their KH2 outfits, like we got of SDG from E3.

As far as 2.5 is concerned, if we assume that they'll follow the same pattern as 1.5, then there will be some teaser artwork at Jump Festa and maybe a playable demo. Unless 2.5 is coming out sooner than expected (which seems unlikely since they announced it later than they did for 1.5) then I don't think we'll see the boxart until late January. The release date will be revealed whenever, sometime next year.

And of course, any potential pre-order bonus wouldn't be revealed until spring/summer of 2014. I'm not expecting THAT much from Jump Festa. After all, there wasn't that much last year even with the fact that 1.5 had just been revealed at TGS.

sdr08

2.5 is very likely, but as for KH3, maybe our first world reveal and screenshots, I think we will get another glimpse at KH3 in 2.5's secret movie, CGI style, it needs one just like all the numbered games.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
2.5 is very likely, but as for KH3, maybe our first world reveal and screenshots, I think we will get another glimpse at KH3 in 2.5's secret movie, CGI style, it needs one just like all the numbered games.

That's assuming that there even IS a secret movie for KH3 in 2.5. If they end up making a DDD remake, it may very well end up in there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back