• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Just a lil' bit

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mesmerized

I been in this situation for as long as I can remember, and it comes to a point to as which I'm sick of it.

No matter how much I do, I never get the appreciation that I deserve. Now you may think, she's being selfish (blah blah blah blah) However, no, thats not what it is. It would suffice with a simple "Thank you."

For example, I rented an Xbox 360 from rent-a-center last week for my little sisters. Believe me, it was more for them then it was for me because I work all day when they're in school and when I'm at home they're on it. Did I get one thank you? Nah.

Can I hear some suggestions on this? I mean, I know what I have been doing but I been getting no result. I figured sometime along the line karma would come back around to me... but I been waiting forever now and well... nothing.

All I want is a little respect.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
^ you could do that but it mostly likely wouldn't be sincere .

Just don't let yourself get worked up over this, if you spend your time being frustrated at how much you're unappreciated things will most likely change for he worse.

Having said that here's what i suggest: Just stop thinking about it. Trust me it doesn't effect you as much. For intense how do you think it feels to be the underestimated and least appreciated member of your own family, I know how that feels and i just tend to not care.

It's respect plain and simple, but if they aren't willing to give it then don't give it back, or you could just come right out and tell these member how you feel.

Either way

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I thank you for the nice things you've done in this world.

Really.

But in all sincerity, just rest assured that you'll get ahead in life by doing nice things, even if people don't thank you.

MosesMohs

most kids (& people) don't appericate (sp?) the finer things in life.
it's normal.
just ask if they enjoy playing it & if they liked if you got it.

mesmerized

Thanks to all those who replied. I understand a lot of what you all said. I guess it just really bothers me because I feel like I'm being taken advantage of and being used. So, I decided... I'm not going to go out of my way just to be hurt.

I'll still do little things to show that I love my family and stuff.. but I'm not going to go too far. :/

Jolts

Look, I feel your pain. Last year for the holidays I bought a WII for myself with the money I got. What do my sisters do? (I have 2 older sisters) They invite all of their friends over for a WII party and I don't even get one of thank you. The point is that sometimes when you do something nice the people around you sometimes don't give thanx. It's just a fact of life. What I've learned is best not get overworked. (and sorry if I bored you with my story I was just using an example) Maybe talk to your siblings if you feel underapreciated. Maybe stop doing stuff for them and they'll see that you've been underapreciated but everybody goes through something like this many times in their life. Hope my advice helps.

Last edited:

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
What should you do?

Have yourself a good, old-fashioned bitch rant.

I'm not kidding here.

Yell. Scream. Squeeze out a few tears for good measure. Make sure they feel enough guilt to make them want to help out and appreciate you. I'm not saying that you should make them cry or anything, but just make them feel bad about themselves. Sometimes that's the best remedy.

Either that, or stop helping out. They'll see what they're missing out on, and they'll learn to appreciate it.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
What should you do?

Have yourself a good, old-fashioned bitch rant.

I'm not kidding here.

Yell. Scream. Squeeze out a few tears for good measure. Make sure they feel enough guilt to make them want to help out and appreciate you. I'm not saying that you should make them cry or anything, but just make them feel bad about themselves. Sometimes that's the best remedy.

Either that, or stop helping out. They'll see what they're missing out on, and they'll learn to appreciate it.
exactly

anyways, what he/she said, just stop, and they will soon find out what is going on, or just tell them...

MosesMohs

Thanks to all those who replied. I understand a lot of what you all said. I guess it just really bothers me because I feel like I'm being taken advantage of and being used. So, I decided... I'm not going to go out of my way just to be hurt.

I'll still do little things to show that I love my family and stuff.. but I'm not going to go too far. :/

good.
i have the same problem.

i've learned that if they don't act like they care. don't do whatever you're doing for a day.
i promise they will appreciate what you do the next day.

or you could do what my boyfriend did & cuss the family out for not appreciating you.
but getting mad doesn't solve anything.
so just ignore it the best you can.

i hope things work out.
remember they love you.
<3

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
Nothing helps the problem if you aren't trying to go through with said solutions. For example, changing this wont be done by doing nothing ( ie. stopping what you're doing [ the nice things ] and just expecting them to notice and get that you aren't appreciated ). It's going to be solved by taking a direct approach and telling the people who aren't appreciating what you do what's wrong.

Tell them what's wrong, ask to be appreciated more, and if they reply "Oh, we are thankful, we appreciate you" then just pull out the "Well, I feel like you don't when you aren't showing it. I just kinda want a thank you every now and then."

Basically, this is only solved by sharing your thoughts and feelings with other people. It doesn't make them feel horrible, it doesn't show that you're just being a bitch and yelling about it, and it doesn't show that you just expect them to do it automatically. If they aren't telling you thank you, ask for it. THEN when you don't get a thanks or something that you want in return, you can blow up and have a fit. But I don't suggest skipping the sharing your emotions step first.

Also, how old are your siblings?

Last edited:

mesmerized

^^

My sisters are 16, 12, and 10. It goes further though, my mom's in her 40s and she acts like she can't even say thanks. I'm always lending her money and stuff.. but thats just another story. I did confront my sister that she never thanked me for the system (which, by the way, is back at rent-a-center now) she lied and said she did.

I told them I don't feel appreciated. They obviously don't care because they wont change what they're doing. This is all a huge headache for me...

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
Should have said that. Well, you're only options are, stop doing the nice things that you're doing. For example, if you want to make them feel bad, stop doing it and when they ask for something nice say "I'm not sure, I wasn't appreciated the last time I did something nice for you, was I?"

Make a big scene.

Or, just keep telling them you aren't thanked enough and that it hurts your feelings.

TwilightPrinces

Website
www.myspace.com
Just because they dont say something dosnt mean they dont appriciate you, and maybe if you start paying attention you will see that they did thank you maybe not by saying it but by showing you how much they enjoyed what you gave them. You are appriciated sometimes you have to look outside the box. But if it will make you feel better "Thank You Sis" :D

mesmerized

Well thanks everyone. ^__^ I really do appreciate it.

I feel a lot better now, I suppose. I'm not going to let it keep me down anymore.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Words are just words. Deep down I'm sure they feel happy. Plus, (little) kids rarely say thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back