• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just got a Gamecube!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud302

In my room playing PS2 (hopefully soon to be PS3)
But I'm not entirely sure what to get for it.

Here's what I'm already planning on getting:

- Metroid Prime
- Zelda: Wind Waker
- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Are there any other trully great games that I should know about? Only games that you consider trully incredible, almost miraculously good.

And don't put RE4. I already know about it. Got the PS2 version.

Oh, also, I don't get GC memory card. You can buy memory cards with different amounts of memory? Someone please tell me if this is true, and what amounts of memory are availabe, and which you recommend. Thanks.

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
well there's super mario sunshine, the 2 metroid prime games, maybe mario party if in your in to party games.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
I suggest Melee that game is one of the best games ever. You will have so much fun if your into fighting and have a decent amount of friends. I also advise you to get Wind Waker, its a great game in my opinion.

Cloud302

Yeah, I know, I really want that. It looks like it's gonna be the first really great one since Ocarina of Time. Although, I'm not too excited about the whole transforming into a wolf thing.

Hey, what about the games I've already thought about buying? Do you all approve or disapprove of those choices?

S

Shadow Soldier

Mario Sunshine bombed. I wouldn't recommend Wind Waker a whole lot either.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Get Super Mario Sunshine. I already beat it twice, it's a good game. Check out Viewtiful Joe to.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Yeah, Definitly Viewtiful Joe ...That Game Rocks Out Loud!! XD!!...I Also Recommend The Legend Of Zelda:Windwaker ...Its A GREAT Game, And If You plan On Getting Twilight Princess, That Would Be A Good game To Pick Up! XD!

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Why the hell did you get a gamecube? That system sucks. You should have held out to get a Wii. Or a 360. But why get a gamecube?

Anyway, the gamecube doesn't have that manny good titles. I cant think of any that weren't mentioned all ready.

Cloud302

Okay, all this negativity to reply to. Listen up! I didn't even put a penny down in order to get this thing okay?!? A good friend never used his GC, and he said he'd trade me for my GBA SP and some games, which I never even play any more. If you can't realize how much I benefit from that trade, then you're an idiot, and I truly mean that. Not just the GC, but a memory card, two controllers, and the zelda special edition thing with 4 Zelda games on one disc.
And I know it would be smarter to wait and get a Wii or 360, but I don't have the money to do that, and neither do my relatives, the people who give me gifts. And I know that the majority of the games suck for GC, but it does have its jewels. So stop focusing on all the negative, alright? I'm happy that I've gotten a GC. It's rare that I ever get any new systems, so as long as it has a few good games, I'm happy.
Now that you all know this, hopefully only the ones that have positive or helpful things to say will speak, and the others will get the hell out of my face.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
O.O; ...Wow, Uhm, Ya, Lol, I Forgot Something ...

YOU HAVE TO PLAY TALES OF SYMPHONIA!!!!! PLEASE!!!! ...It Rocks, And It Rocks, It's Long, Has A Great Story With Great Characters, And It Rocks!!!!! XD!

Cloud302

O.O; ...Wow, Uhm, Ya, Lol, I Forgot Something ...

YOU HAVE TO PLAY TALES OF SYMPHONIA!!!!! PLEASE!!!! ...It Rocks, And It Rocks, It's Long, Has A Great Story With Great Characters, And It Rocks!!!!! XD!

Yeah, I've heard that Tales of Symphonia is good. I'm really into long RPGs with good stories, like the Final Fantasies. Do you think an FF fan like me would enjoy it? Could it stand up to them?

Josiah

Quarian Power!
HECK YES!!!...Since You've Probably Been Playing FF Games For A LONG time, It Will Probably Feel New And Sorta ...Alienish (o_O;) But When The Game Starts To Warm Up, You'll Definitly Enjoy It ...Thats Exactly What Happened To Me o.0;; ...This Game Has Two Dics, About 8 playable characters From Like A 17 Year Old Student To A Card Weilding Ninja To A Felon o.0;; ...The characters Are Interesting, And So Are The Environments ...This Game Is Just Awesome And It's A MUST For The Gamecube o.0;; -Wipes Sweat- You Really Should Get It! XD!

Cloud302

Okay, I'll think about getting it then.
You said it has a good story too, right? Because although the main thing I care about is how fun the battles are, a good story never hurts.
And I have been playing FFs since I was about seven, but I've played a massive amount of other types of RPGs too ranging from Breath of Fire, to Xenogears, to Legend of Dragoon, and many others. I've also gotten into non RPG games ever since I beat KH. Now I love all genres, except sports and racing, as long as the game is fun.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Yes, It Has One Of The Best And Longest Stories I Have Ever Played In An RPG ...And The Battles Are Not Easy, But They Are A Heck Of Alot Of Fun >.>; ...And Ya, I've Been Playing FF Forever, But Tales Of Symphonia Seemed Almost Just As Good! XD! <.<; ...I Haven't Strayed to Much Fromm FF ...But I've Played Xenosaga 1, Star Ocean, And I've Picked Up Other Genres Too ...Mostly Shooters And Action/Adventure Games ...And I Hate Sprts Games T-T;

TerranOvermind

Well, here's the list of GC games in my collection:

--Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Master Quest
--Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
--Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
--FZero GX
--Metroid Prime 1 and 2
--Super Mario Sunshine
--Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
--Sonic Collection
--Super Smash Bros. Melee
--Mario Kart: Double Dash
--Resident Evil 4

Every one of them are great and hold their own against some of the best. The only ones that weren't very spectacular to me were the Sonic Collection (because I played them so many times on other systems) and Eternal Darkness (interesting, but hard to keep yourself engaged with it).

Melee, MarioKart, and FZero are great for parties. Crystal Chronicles is a good thing to start up with a close set of friends who are apt to do more Dungeons & Dragons-type adventure role-playing.

Wind Waker and the first Metroid Prime are a must, as is evident from your list. Wind Waker especially so if you're a fan of Ocarina of Time (the story has many connections to it).

As for Sunshine--many people are put off from the cuteness of this title, but the gameplay is awesome for a Mario game, and it picks up as it goes along. The environments are also very easy on the eyes, making you feel like you're actually taking a vacation. Great light-hearted fun.

Congratulations on getting the new system. Hope you enjoy it. Be sure to save up for the Wii too, if at all possible.

Cloud302

I don't really know much about Eternal Darkness, just that it's supposed to be really good. Can you tell me anything about it?
And yeah, I'm a big fan of OoT, and I know it has story connections with Wind Waker. I was dissappointed though to find out that you don't control Link in that one.
Okay, maybe I'll rethink getting Sunshine...but would you agree that the 5 on my list are better than Sunshine and should be the priority? Oh, and is Sunshine similar to Super Mario 64?

And thanks. I'll be sure to try to get a Wii, if I can save up enough for it. Sad to say though, that it doesn't look like it's gonna have as many great games as the 360 and the PS3, so as of now, I'm leaning towards those. But, they haven't revealed that much info about the Wii, even now, so maybe I'm underestimating it. Plus, it'll probably be cheaper than the 360 and PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back