• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just got BBS and I gots a few questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
1. is it worth it to connect it to my ps3 for remote play... will playing on my big screen impress me?
2. Is proud mode really all that difficult? should I play a higher or lower difficulty?
3. What order should I play the characters in?
4. also is it worth it to level up a lot really early in this game?

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
1. You can't do it through remote play. The only way to play your PSP on a TV is through the cables you can buy for it at any game store.
2. It all depends on your personal gaming capabilities. There is a definite difference between Proud and Standard, but it just depends on what you're playing FOR. If you want good gameplay alongside the story, just go with Standard. If you want to focus more on just storyline more than anything else, go with Beginner. If you want harder gameplay rather than story, then do proud.
3. The recommended order is Terra-Ven-Aqua
4. Again, it just depends. What you should focus on more than leveling the character is doing your Command Melding. That's more important to your character than his/her's actual level. If you don't have the strategy guide, definitely look a Command Melding help guide out online.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
1. I think it would be

2. Personally i'd say Proud is the ideal mode to play on first time around. Plus the secret movies are easier to get.

3. Terra, Ven, Aqua is the recommended Nomura way, based on story order, but it varies a lot anyway. I found it had more impact in that order.

4. Try getting to at least level 8 before the first boss, provided you play on Proud mode.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
2. Is proud mode really all that difficult? should I play a higher or lower difficulty?
Depends on the player I think. I felt reasonably challenged/comfortable (a good balance) on Standard while I know a lot of people thought even Critical was too hard. My suggestion would be to start on Proud/Standard and then, if it feels too easy/hard for you to try it on a different setting.

Terra, Ventus, Aqua was the way the story was written to cause the most suspense. Anything other than that can risk spoiling other characters narratives.

With the right commands you don't even have to level up at all, technically.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
1. Not sure, never tried it myself.
2. Proud was kinda hard, I really only found it hard when it came to a few of the bosses.
3. Terra then Ven then Aqua, that's the recommended level chronologicaly
4. I didn't, I usually level up to a certain amount until I get to a certain boss. For the first boss i'm usualy at level 5, second boss i'm level 8, third boss i'm level 11, fourth boss i'm level 14, 5th boss i'm level 15, so on and so forth. By the time I reach the final boss i'm at level 30-32.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I started on Critical. Loved it. Felt like KH1's Normal. Reasonable level-ups, good preparations on the commands, but it all boils down to skill and familiarity. Up to you how much time you wanna invest in it, really.

Terra, Ven, Aqua. Terra starts first, Aqua finishes last. The time-line division's a good enough reason for me to play by the recommended order.

Depends on your difficulty. I played Critical and I found myself leveling up several times throughout the game so "getting a head start" doesn't really work there.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
1. is it worth it to connect it to my ps3 for remote play... will playing on my big screen impress me?

1. Yes. Definitely! I felt like I was playing a console game.

2. I only played Proud mode. I was kind of disappointed because I thought it was too easy. I would recommend either Proud or Critical. Nothing lower. Especially if you want to see the secret ending sooner.

3. TVA. This was my answer and reasoning to this same question in another thread.
TVA is the best way to go. But if for whatever reason you decide to play any other order, make sure you play Aqua last. Not because its bad, just because Aquas ending spoils Ventus's ending. Overall though, it is better to play TVA because the Final Episode and the secret movie Blank Points pretty much revolve around Aqua, so you want to have Aqua's ending fresh in your mind when you play Final Episode. As for simultaneous play, its possible, but it would be a drag to have to turn off the game (or hit the home button) and restart every time beat a world. Just enjoy the stories one at a time the way they were meant to be.

Also gameplay wise, Terra is slower than the other two but much stronger. Ventus's fighting style is light and speedy. Aqua is much more magical. Her attack strength is fine but her defense is lacking so she makes up for it with an all-around barrier instead of just a simple block. The point I'm trying to make is that if you play Ventus first, you will be too used to his speedy attacks and gliding so then when you play Terra, you will be disappointed because he is slow and has no glide ability. But if you play Terra first, then Ventus, you will be delighted to see that Ventus is fast and can glide. Then after you finish Terra and Ventus and feel like Aqua's probably not going to be special, you will be surprised to see that she is actually a refreshing character to play as. With her upgraded magic and all-around block, but low defense, you will see that the old hack-and-slash strategy wont cut it. At the beginning when she is still weak, if you're not careful, you'll get killed pretty easily (I only played Proud mode so it might be different on lower difficulty levels). So you have to use her unique abilities wisely.

So I say just play them one at a time TVA. Nomura himself said this was the best way to play it. I also recommend playing Proud mode on your first playthrough. Its really not that hard, and its much easier to unlock Blank Points that way. Unlike all the previous games, this secret movie is not just some vague concept trailer for the next game. It is the true ending of the game and is very important with huge impact in the story while also hinting at what's next to come. A must see for any KH fan. Sorry for making an essay out of this but it was necessary to get all my points across. I hope this helps you in your decision.

4. Depends what mode you're playing. I played proud mode so the very beginning was kind of tough because you start off week (especially with Aqua). So I did a lot of leveling early on, and the rest was a breeze. EDIT: Also, listen to what previous players said for this answer. It depends more on your commands and abilities than your actual level. You will also want to play Mirage Arena because you get some hp-ups and other commands that you can't get other places. I'd recommend using the strategy guide for melding or at least looking up guides online.. Once More and Second Chance will be life savers against bosses.

Last edited:

Lavender13

i had a really hard time with aqua in proud actually. the first world i went to and i couldn't go up to pace with how i usually do.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
As for simultaneous play, its possible, but it would be a drag to have to turn off the game (or hit the home button) and restart every time beat a world.
You could just do a soft reset (L1, R1, start button, select button at the same time)

1. if you want to.
2. Proud is a good starting point. Critical is also nice
3. I played T->V->A but the order is up to you.
4. I say yes. After loosing to the first boss 10 times in Terra's story, I leveled up to either level 6 or 8 and beat it with easy. Didn't have many problems on any other bosses after that

Crystal

Silver Member

I never try before.

No. Proud mode is not difficult. But i think Critical Mode will be harder because of low HP and higher damage.

Terra > Ventus > Aqua

I level up early in the game and try to upgrade some ability.

i had a really hard time with aqua in proud actually. the first world i went to and i couldn't go up to pace with how i usually do.

Aqua will be hard because when she is in low level, her strength is low compare to Terra and Ven.
I remember i level up her until level 20 before i proceed to the second world.

Stars

リク
Proud mode is just a bit difficult at the beginning, but after you have leveled up the character, I think it is easier..

Terra > Ventus > Aqua.. Makes most logic storyline to continue into final episode..
I started to level up in the first world and get some abilities, which will make you easier to continue the story without losing..

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
With the right commands you don't even have to level up at all, technically.

That's absolutely true. For example, not all of the characters have Cure available for a decent while. Their health might also be incredibly low. To get around this, simply use a D-Link, preferably either Aqua or Mickey. Using a D-Link replenishes your health 100%, and the two I suggested allow you to use Cure. Remember, Aqua is physically weak so stay back and cast magic instead.

I felt absolutely no difference between Proud and Standard. Proud mode, if anything, was more annoying than it was difficult. After a while, the game will hit its stride and it'll be smooth sailing after that.

Stars

リク
That's absolutely true. For example, not all of the characters have Cure available for a decent while. Their health might also be incredibly low. To get around this, simply use a D-Link, preferably either Aqua or Mickey. Using a D-Link replenishes your health 100%, and the two I suggested allow you to use Cure. Remember, Aqua is physically weak so stay back and cast magic instead.

I felt absolutely no difference between Proud and Standard. Proud mode, if anything, was more annoying than it was difficult. After a while, the game will hit its stride and it'll be smooth sailing after that.

What..? Proud mode is annoying..?

Crystal

Silver Member
Only if you neglect the Command Board. I had time and patience so I got to, like, the second world for each (because I needed Crystals...) with Curaga, Zero Graviga and Magnega xD;;;

We can get Cure from command board at the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back