• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just watched the KHII Secret Ending again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
PS2/PS3 version of BBS's end battle would have probably been spectacular/ literally epic.

*sigh
Instead it went to the inferior PSP. That really pissed me off. The game would have been superior on the PS2/PS3.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
*sigh
Instead it went to the inferior PSP. That really pissed me off. The game would have been superior on the PS2/PS3.

They were originally going to make it for the PS2, but by the time the game would have released (2010), releasing it for the PS2 would have made no sense whatsoever. And honestly, a PS2 version of that cutscene would not have looked much different.

I wouldn't look too much into comparisons though. It's not like this is the first time this has happened. Just compare KH1's secret ending to the cutscene in KH2. Notice how the thousands of Neoshadows becomes a small group of ten in the PS2 version. And whatever happened to Roxas forming a glowing Heart symbol around him? Or when Roxas had a glowing yellow eye? Concepts just change over time.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
And then compared it to the BBS in-game cut scene

Boy....do they really know how to ruin an epic battle/scene.
Yes.... shocking that a CGI rendered cutscene doesn't compare to the in-game PSP rendered version.

Or when Terra's eyes turn yellow...is it because at this point in the game it really meant getting close to darkness = yellow eyes, or was it just symbolism that Terra is Xehanort?
It was likely symbolism toward his fate of becoming Xehanort's vessel.

In KH1 it shows that Kingdom Hearts is located in the Realm of Darkness, so does that mean the Keyblade Graveyard is in the Realm of Darkness?
I might be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure in BBS, the Keyblade Graveyard is designated as an InBetween Realm world

Yes I know that, but at the time I'm positive they didn't have the "Xehanortified" in mind yet, considering how when Nomura made that video there was a lot of ideas in the mix that were tossed out.
It's pretty likely that he did, actually. While KH2 was being developed, he was thinking about and planning BBS. Terra's character is deliberately designed to be based off of XH and Xemnas, so he was pretty clear of where his character would end up. BBS also is the game to introduce Nortification, so it's really not that much of a stretch to assume he had the basic ideas in mind.

No no, that sounds about right. I wonder how far Nomura actually planned ahead? We know he wanted at least COM and 2 after KH1.
He thinks on a rolling basis, sort of. While making KH1 he was thinking about CoM/KH2. While making KH2 he was thinking about Days/BBS/Coded. So he does plan a bit ahead, it's just not immense. Like, he didn't plan the whole series out when he made KH1 or anything. And obviously a lot of these games were being planned to connect to KH3 while they were being made. Nomura has always said that, like six years ago, he had already submitted tentative loose plans for how KH would continue post-KH3, so he definitely planning more and thinking things more post-KH2 than he did before it.

Personally, I think they stuck to the Secret Ending too much. As you pointed out, MX summoning KH before the X-Blade is formed makes no sense.

Sorakh212

Awards
I remember watching the secret ending on YouTube years ago and feeling so hyped for whatever game that was going to be for at the time. By the time I got around to playing BBS it was incredibly disappointing and somewhat of a let down tbh. The initial trailer or ending made it out to look like this awesome epic fight between the unknown trio and duo clash and yet the final result we got was very different sadly. Visually it was dumbed/toned down a lot, although I'm sure part of that was due to the hardware limitations of the PSP at the time, they didn't recycle the fate of the unknown track which is just such an awesome epic piece, and the trailer did a much better job of conveying what happened on a grander scale. The final result was very different from what was teased and I really wish we could have gotten at least a fraction of that if nothing else.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
was it really that epic of a fight? by my count an old coot obliterates tav in like three minutes

It's well animated, the assets are high quality, the flying keyblades and rising cliffs are super cool, and it's set to a great score. You can make anything sound boring in summary.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's not what happens, it's how it happens. And that sequence, when combined with Fate of the Unknown, hit it right out of the park if you ask me.

'sides, it's not like the old goat just flicked the three wielders away casually. Nah, he decided to channel his inner Avatar and smashed them away with the elements instead.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
So does that make him The Dark Avatar?
is there such a thing?

He's an Avatar of some sort. I mean, heaving up mountains with the flick of your hand, or controlling a cyclone of Keyblades, or freezing people solid with your grip? Doesn't seem like any ordinary bender could do that.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Although I'm sure this isn't at all part of Normura's intentions, I always felt as though Xemnas is... more closely related to the amnesia Xehanort than Xehanort himself. If we ignore the fact that the nortification process was probably not convinced at the time, could Xemnas's eye color mean there's something more going on with him?

There's been plenty of evidence left behind. His search of Ventus, calling Aqua's armor/keyblade his old 'friend'. The possibility that he had amnesia after Xehanort took over Terra in the first place... eh, just speculation.

I too am sad that BbS wasn't as epic as it could have been, but I think we will be getting plenty of epic fights in KH3 with the proper amount of epicness to fight. Maybe they'll top their 1000 heartless battle record. That's one of my top wishes for KH3... non-empty environments and proper crowds, NPC or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back