• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just watched the KHII Secret Ending again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
And then compared it to the BBS in-game cut scene

Boy....do they really know how to ruin an epic battle/scene. Anyway, I noticed in the KHII Secret Ending that Ven's keyblade broke. This did not happen in the BBS in game cutscene, but has a keyblade ever been broken in the series? What happens if a keyblade breaks? Or when Terra's eyes turn yellow...is it because at this point in the game it really meant getting close to darkness = yellow eyes, or was it just symbolism that Terra is Xehanort? Also, in the KHII Secret Ending we see Master Xehanort's keyblade turn into an orb, and then he shoots the orb into the sky which revealed the real Kingdom Hearts (which...once again we're left scratching with our head, because HOW the hell did MX reveal Kingdom Hearts????). At this point Vanitas and Ventus haven't even fought yet, or even fused to form the X-Blade, so how is KH already there?

In KH1 it shows that Kingdom Hearts is located in the Realm of Darkness, so does that mean the Keyblade Graveyard is in the Realm of Darkness?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't think a regular keyblade can break. A keychain, maybe.
Eyes turning yellow doesn't really have to do anything with darkness. It merely means you're connected to Xehanort or even norted.

Kingdom Hearts itself can exist in different forms places. Xehanort or rather the X-Blade makes it appear at the keyblade graveyard, but no, that place is not in the realm or darkness. We only know that the "original" Kingdom Hearts fell into the darkness when the X-Blade was divided into twenty.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Are the eyes yellow because you're Xehanort? Or are they yellow because you're attuned to darkness? Heartless have yellow eyes (and red) and we saw Terra's eyes turn yellow (though it was cinematic)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Are the eyes yellow because you're Xehanort? Or are they yellow because you're attuned to darkness? Heartless have yellow eyes (and red) and we saw Terra's eyes turn yellow (though it was cinematic)
I'd say both. You can find yellow eyes of evil in all sorts of other media too.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
I'd say both. You can find yellow eyes of evil in all sorts of other media too.
That's what I believe. Good ol'yellow eyes :)
Azazel_supernatural.jpg

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The thing is that "evil" or darkness-attached characters like the Organization XIII don't all have yellow eyes. It's a feature that seems to be unique to those connected to Xehanort and the heartless. Oh, and Ansem the Wise.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Truthfully I'm not sure how you go about breaking a regular keyblade since it's connect to someone's heart. But I guess Riku could have broken Xion's key if he wanted to?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Maybe it's just that, a coincidence that Xehanort and the Heartless have yellow eyes. Did Vanitias have a piece of Xehanort in him when he fought Ventus?

That's what we don't know.
But we sure as hell know he has a strong connection to Master Xehanort anyways. And I wouldn't put it behind that old creep to nort Vanitas just because he can. Sicko.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Because Vanitas originally had red eyes (according to the novels) and he wasn't bad, just a tortured soul manipulated by Xehanort into thinking his only salvation was the X-Blade. So was it Xehanort? Or did he just accept the Darkness? We may never know...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Because Vanitas originally had red eyes (according to the novels) and he wasn't bad, just a tortured soul manipulated by Xehanort into thinking his only salvation was the X-Blade. So was it Xehanort? Or did he just accept the Darkness? We may never know...

The novels aren't canon, or at least they've never been confirmed to be, sooo...we'll probably never know for sure, unless good ol' Nomura fulfills my dream of more backstory to Vanitas. ;_; I...don't believe in it though.
Vanitas has always been darkness, so there hasn't really been much to accept.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I don't think a regular keyblade can break. A keychain, maybe.
Eyes turning yellow doesn't really have to do anything with darkness. It merely means you're connected to Xehanort or even norted.
Yes I know that, but at the time I'm positive they didn't have the "Xehanortified" in mind yet, considering how when Nomura made that video there was a lot of ideas in the mix that were tossed out.

Also, I'm still getting annoyed with the yellow eyes/orange eyes. Master Xehanort has yellow eyes. Why does Xemnas (in KH2) and Xehanort's Heartless have orange eyes, like Ansem the Wise? Would it have killed them to just give both of them yellow eyes? Maybe AtW has something to do with Xemnas and XH having orange eyes. Yellow eyes is when you're nortified, not orange. Xigbar has clear yellow eyes, just like MX. Young MX has clear yellow eyes as well. So does Terranort, and so does Saix. Xemnas does as well in some cases, in most KHII scenes, even in KH 2.5 he and XH still have orange eyes, so there has to be a reason for that. They changed XH's skin color, so they could've changed XH's eye color to yellow, but they didn't.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The novels aren't canon, or at least they've never been confirmed to be, sooo...we'll probably never know for sure, unless good ol' Nomura fulfills my dream of more backstory to Vanitas. ;_; I...don't believe in it though.
Vanitas has always been darkness, so there hasn't really been much to accept.
The novels are third-tier canon, so they count as long as they aren't explicitly contradicted by the video games or the interviews.
From what I can remember, nothing in the interviews or games really touch up on Vanitas' backstory, so the novel is canon unless the topic's addressed in future games.

About the yellow/orange eyes thing, iirc, various characters got their eye colors before Nomura had that "everyone is Xehanort" idea implemented. Or before he decided Xehanort's eye color was more of a bright gold rather than a darker amber. In any case, some characters had the orange/yellow eyes thing by coincidence up to a certain point.
(correct me if I'm wrong. My memory's hazy today.)

redcrown

Awards
PS2/PS3 version of BBS's end battle would have probably been spectacular/ literally epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back