• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just What Has Pluto Been Up To?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Since I'm tired of this news drought, and miss theorizing with you awesome people, I thought I'd bring something up that I've been wondering about for a long time now:)

What has Pluto been up to, exactly? And could it mean something big for the future of this series?

In KH1, Pluto goes with Donald and Goofy in search of Leon, before running off to find Sora once there. (I should also point out that the monitor in Re:Coded sheds more light on his time in Traverse Town, so this could, perhaps, be something that's important.)

And also, according to this Kingdom Hearts Trivia: #5 - Features - Kingdom Hearts Insider KH KH Trivia, Pluto actually met up with Mickey sometime during KH1--and went to a few different worlds--before showing up on the winding road at the end of the game?

After that, I believe that Pluto goes missing again (and probably throughout all of Days, too, iirc). You can summon him a few times in Castle Oblivion in Re:CoM, however--though I'm not sure just how strictly canon that is.

Pluto makes a reappearance in KHII--attempting to follow Axel, before Riku intercepts him and he ends up with Kairi--and here, we actually see him sticking with our heroes at the end of the game, as well as going back home in the credits.

But in Re:Coded (and DDD, too, I think), Pluto is once again nowhere to be seen.

So I make this thread to ask you all if you see anything in this--or if you can fill in some of these disappearances for me--and if you think it'll lead to something, somewhere down the road.

The one Re:Coded scene is especially interesting, imo. Could this beloved dog of ours have stumbled upon something our heroes haven't yet?

Be sure to post your thoughts on it below!:D Thanks!

DoctahFaz

Awards
He definitely met with Mickey at some point during KH1 since he appears with another letter bearing the King's seal on the winding road, however, that letter seems to be a McGuffen since it's never mentioned again and is only used to get SDG to Castle Oblivion.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
As far as I know, Pluto only shows up whenever they need a vehicle for the advancement of the plot (the ending to Kingdom Hearts I as well as the various times we see him in II come to mind). Other than that, you and DoctahFaz essentially mentioned everything we all really know thus far. As to what I think he was doing, well...um, maybe Pluto had a run in with Nanaki and both decided to chill out over in the Abandoned Mansion? Iunno.

Anagram

Banned
I like how a dog basically goes anywhere he wants and ends up in places randomly when other beings find world travel incredibly difficult. lol

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Pluto's journey is also interesting because of how he travels. Aside from his trip to Traverse Town with Donald and Goofy (where they promptly forget about him and leave) he generally tends to get around via Corridors of Darkness, opened by various other characters. He spends a lot of time in the Lanes Between, where it's dangerous to even just be for too long without a magic black Org. coat or a heart of pure light.

Or maybe -plot twist- Pluto's heart is already pure darkness and he is the true head of the True Org XIII and Xehanort has been a puppet since the beginning.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Or maybe -plot twist- Pluto's heart is already pure darkness and he is the true head of the True Org XIII and Xehanort has been a puppet since the beginning.

I always said that I was against the "man behind the man" idea regarding some superior villain to Xehanort, but this is something different. Let it happen, lol
and the 13th chair will start filling up with some dark energy until the shape of a dog in a black coat can be seen. That moment, Sora will realize... "NO WAY.... it's.... *flashback:KH1 first scene in Traverse Town* ... PLUTO! It was YOU all along?!"

ok. That's some weird scenario. Please don't think I'm serious about this xD

this aside, I think Pluto appears in the story in unexpected times, to add an element of surprise or to make you smile. Sometimes, reasons are not needed at all and characters appear just because they would create a nice reaction. It's not like we can give Pluto a greater role than he has now, appearing every now and then. He can be something like an unexpected 'helping hand', he awoke Sora in Traverse Town, led SDG to Castle Oblivion, chased Kairi to protect her, perhaps he helped King Mickey in the RoD too and we haven't seen it yet.
The KH story leaves us a lot of space to speculate. Pluto running into Corridors of Darkness and not being affected at all is one of the many, little things that this plot offers us to be curious about. I honestly have no idea how Pluto can travel to other worlds and not be consumed by darkness. Even if he were pure light, the Darkness would consume him, just like it consumed Kairi's heart. Now, Pluto can't be pure darkness, his behaviour is the same throughout the games and he's clearly a 'good boy'. Ok, darkness isn't necessarily an evil thing that makes you evil, but in all honesty Pluto can't be pure darkness xD
I almost did the mistake of saying "perhaps it's because he's an animal that world-travel doesn't consume him". King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale, what are they if not animals, too ...........................
No armor, no coat, no gummi ship... what if Pluto has a magical spell cast upon him, like a shield that protects him? That's the only plausible explanation I can think of..

Last edited:

BEASTENDER

I like how a dog basically goes anywhere he wants and ends up in places randomly when other beings find world travel incredibly difficult. lol

I'm more intrigued by a dog owning a dog in the first place lol

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I really appreciate it ^_^

And suddenly, I want some of these weird scenarios to actually come true. LOL.

But in all seriousness, for some reason I feel like Pluto might've met Aqua in the RoD? I have no idea why, and there's probably no basis for it at all, but... Since BbSV2 was going to be about different parts of the story from different PoVs (mostly centering around Aqua, it seemed), I thought maybe we'd get to see more of Pluto was up to, and that those two plots would connect somehow. IDK.

Another, weirder, theory I have is that he's met the main villain of the next Saga all ready, for some reason.

In a series like KH, you can't be too sure of anything... Though I sometimes do go overboard with it all (like when I thought the sign Roxas wrote on that table in KHII meant something), and the theories have only gotten stranger since KH's ASAS. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back