• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► K.h.a: Constellations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker
Gat damn this website always pulling me back. EDIT: LOL, how long did I have "websight" up there? :p

[NOTES]: Reading notes is optional, as always, skippy down to past the vertical period line to start the tale :3

Seen this before? Whelp maybe you have and maybe you haven’t. You see once upon a time I began writing a story simply titled K.h.a, short for Kingdom Hearts Anime which includes “anime’ themed worlds and the like. Over the years it grew into a story that I put all my heart and soul in it, met some wonderful people through it–absolutely wonderful people that I consider to be some of the nicest, and wackiest, and most awesome people ever but, buuuuuuuuuuuuut, as much work as I put into my story, I was still a beginner. As I evolved as a better writer, my beginner mistakes followed me around over the years (not to mention real life delayed a lot of it. A l o t). I tried to make up for my past mistakes during my more seasoned years, some mistakes as embarrassing as forgetting a detail of your own story, to taking things way too far out of canon range. In the end, it wasn’t working in the way I wanted it to. Long story short, a little more seasoned writer trying to make up for past mistakes and all the while still trying to weave it all into a cohesive story = a big giant mess ._. This past year it became increasingly obvious of what a chore keeping track of everything was, something I didn’t want to admit to myself, and ultimately what my biggest problems was overall: about 60% of the time, I was writing blind. Sure I had outlines, but, buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I like details, and my details can get me into a whole lick of trouble when they are set free to mess mah plot man ;O; Dammit, one time I even accidentally revealed something I was saving to be something big, something I was hoping would make my friends go OMG, but I spoiled it, now that is embarrassing as a writer ._.

If you come across my other story, that story, is NOT this story. It’s not a Final Mix of K.h.a either. It’s more like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It does keep the characters of the K.h.a story as this is the one adventure that I have always wanted to write, but couldn’t due to all my past mistakes, and now that I am a more seasoned writer, the mistakes of the past won’t be repeated (God willing). Oh outline, I’ll never lose you again~! Canon, please accept my bouquet of roses~! 3-dimensional characters, that box of chocolate is for you~! Again like Brotherhood, I’ll go through what I need to in the beginning and then BOOM! Explode out with the wamo-blamo new stuff~ K.h.a however will always hold a special place in my heart as it supplied the universe, characters, and allowed me to meet some of the best people on earth ;w; And now I will finally, FINALLY be able to tell the tale in a way I’ve always wanted X3 Besides, third time’s the charm~

Also, ffnet.com doesn't really allow me to do what I really want to do with this story either with music and whatnot, so here it is over here :p

With that said, I hope I entertain you in some way :) and thanks for reading the rant as you know where this tale is coming from: a lot of hard work and love! Peace and Coconuts :D

What you'll find here: Animation cross-overs spanning from Disney, to Dreamworks, but focusing on Anime. The time-line is after Kingdom Hearts 2, and there will be spoilers to all Kingdom Hearts games up till Re:Coded and a dash of KH3D. [END NOTES]
Prologue: Part 1 Mandorla
"Regrets collect like old friends,
Here to relieve, your darkest moments -

I can see no way, I can see no way...
And all of the ghouls come out to play

And every demon wants his pound of flesh,
But I like to keep some things to myself,
I like to keep my issues strong,

It's always darkest before the dawn" - Shake it Out, Florence + the Machine

No one is going to remember tonight this way but us. They will pinpoint another night when the clock’s hands stopped.

Tick, tock, tick, tock~ A boy with raven’s blue wavy hair sits at a desk made of ivory within a room full of regal splendor. Tick, tock, tick, tock–he knocks his platinum trimmed clock on its back, the spring inside bouncing well out of ticking anymore with a dying ding~ He is up well past his bedtime, but his candle is running low; his heavy cadet grey eyes are on the brink of retiring anyway, strained from drawing a picture of a breed of antelope known as the Oryx in the style of ink wash painting. For an eleven year old, his calligraphic strokes rivaled that of his art professor, his wrist moving as gracefully as the sweeping steps of a ballet dancer. “Beautiful creature,” he speaks to the drawing.

A little girl with her dirty-blonde hair in pigtails hides underneath her rose blankets from the tree branch tapping feverishly at her window. A poem written in sadly crafted calligraphy sits unfinished on her desk surrounded by a menagerie of plushies swollen with kawaii adoration. She peeks out from her covers to plead to the dragon posters that surround the head of her bed to protect her once again.

A boy with a mop of red hair tosses and turns, snoring in his beat up trunk of a bed within an even more decrepit room. A collection of mecha toys lay scattered about his floor, and some in pieces. Snuggled in his arms is a homemade doll of a crocodile that has been stitched together and washed just about as much as he was. Shinning in from the glossy window of his room (and right on his face) is the glow of a neon lit city; his own room in fact is about as lit as if his ceiling light was on just from the outside glare, but it would take much more than that to wake this boy up from his sleep.

Irrelevant. Until the time comes when they are commandeered for a greater purpose, all the choices they make for themselves are inherently irrelevant with the turn and lock of key a million miles away.​

A little boy with spiky brown hair, and a little boy with silver dropped hair rest upon the beach at night amongst the evening glow of houses. Their parents are expecting them home soon, but this island holds about as much malice as the sea shells that wash up upon the shore. Their small foot prints are the only things that have trailed them.

When that lock was turned, their fates were sealed within their bedrooms, under the night sky, and under the omniscient glow of Kingdom Hearts, and likewise, they were released.​

The silver headed one tilts his head at a curious sparkle in the night sky; his luminous green eyes reflecting a small glint of concern. “Look,” he points, “See how it’s flickering like that? It’s about to go out.”

“Stars can go out?” asked the other, “What makes a star go out? Is someone playing with its switch?”

Never underestimate how good a hearing a child’s heart has.​

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, toCk…Fate is kind…She brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing. Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you through.

For when all the sparkling dots in the night sky are connected and blind, they will be the only ones who close their eyes, and listen.​

The air was brisk and still that night, it was always that way after a good cold front came through pushing the muggy humid clouds clear of the atmosphere to leave a million points of light speckling the night sky; a sight only rivaled by the millions of watts keeping the sparkling neon glow of Tokieo Town powered underneath.

Everything had a slight sheen of wetness to it between the competing biting cold of the night air and the humming warmth of energy from the city. People were closing up their businesses, pulling the protective plated tin down over their windows, checking security systems, locking doors, and anticipating the comfort of home.

“Have a good night Cid, maybe that Gummi ship business will get off ground tomorrow.”

“T’eah!” the man talked through this cigarette as he lowered the protective metal over his windows, “Not too many folks seem to be into the flying business these days.”

“Well not many people have permission to travel in the first place! You take care now!”

“Yeah, yeah, have a good night yourself.”

Past the tall pearly gates of the Wayward Lights Institute the air turned colder. The great white architecture of open square buildings was nestled upon several acres of land that overlooked the city from afar. The distance made Tokieo Town look like a single glowing entity of millions of colors with Tokieo Tower sticking out like a stream of beads bent upwards in an elegant upside down “V”.

It was darker here too. Only the lights of the institute were permitted to touch its own face; the lights from the stars were dimmed under the high-pitched buzzing of industrial illumination.

It was commonplace for the Institute to burn the midnight oil, for when the lights of Tokieo Town grew sleepy, there was always a burning stagnant brilliance emitting from the research facility where progress would not be halted by the exhaustion from sky nor man. When the sister Institute’s motto was “Keep moving forward” the motto of Wayward Lights was “Brilliance that outshines the sun”.

One particular scientist, a beacon in her field, Bioluminescence Theory and Applied Methodology, walked the spotless white hallways with her jaw clamped tight. Her long flowing silver hair bounced slightly to her assertive steps, and her sharp almond eyes cloudy to the future she was pacing towards.

The chill inside from the over achieving air conditioners were a match for the unsettling chill outside. The condensation taking the position of drops of sweat over the woman’s brow, her brain working furiously in going over the plan in her mind, the plan that would be captured in 32 frames by the one security camera she was unaware of.

It would be a work of art in defiance.

She adjusted her title pin on her lab coat jacket, nodding her head towards lab assistants that smiled and waved, some even bowing before her with their hands outspread, “We are once again blessed to be in the presence of Dr. Isabella!”

Isabella replied with a fake smirk, “Do me a favor and run a diagnostic on my baking Auras would you?”

“Ugth, but that’s in building E! And…” The assistant showed his timid side by tapping his index fingers and curling in his body, “its dark outside.”

“Then take a flashlight, put it to your ear, and use the light that shoots out of your eyes to guide your way.”

“Buh, wha?” –

“She means like this” – another lab assistant took the liberty of snatching a flashlight and shinning the light straight up upon her face contorted into a howl with every horrific feature lined with hard shadows–

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!” –

“Get back here you coward!”

Dr. Isabella rolled her eyes hearing the rapid pair of footsteps fade away, she never once looking back however; it was enough to know that those two wouldn’t be caught in the aftermath of her actions. *Just keep moving forward,* she told herself, *They won’t suspect anything.* Her vision was focused and tunneled from the tight channels of the hallways, hallways always so white, so very clean. Alas this kind of focus dares the brain to wonder and wander, and despite the ferocity her brain was computing every disastrous outcome, a detour did indeed gently overtake her thoughts to the sound of waves, a beach, a dark ocean, and an even darker land.

~.~

“Stupid clock, hunk of junk”–the sound of cheap metal hitting a wall greeted pigeon toed feet as they made their way to a beat up wooden door with a glimmer of light spilling out from underneath.

“Dad?” The young boy with the mop of red hair pushed open the door to his father’s study, his face was pale, his green eyes soaked, and he was gripping his plush crocodile tightly.

“Ruh-Ragiel?” his father (bearer of even messier red hair and even greener eyes) looked up from a scribble of thoughts over paperwork, he immediately left his desk and went to his son’s side, "What's wrong laddie?" he placed his hand on Ragiel's head. "Don' tel'me you'e been having some nigh'mares now?"

“Muh-maybe a little, the one, with the mad ocean, and land, and, and sky.”

His father cupped the son’s pouting cheeks, "A bhobain, it's just a dream. It's o'er when you wake up isn't it?" he kissed the top of Ragiel's head, "You go on now back to bed, you know your father isn' goin' to let anything happen to you."

“I know Dad, but…”

“But? Who thinks they can take your ol’ man on?”

Ragiel’s lips began to quiver, “The world Dad,” his voice broke, “I heard it through the dream, it’s so angry Daddy,” tears spilled out, “It’s so mad…”

The father took his son in his arms, "Bà, bà, a thasgaidh, it's alrigh', it's alrig't." The father gave a glance out the high, high-rise window towards the Wayward Light Institute far off in the distance, his keychain rattling.

“They tore everything apart (*hic*)…

~.~

Step, step, step, step, Isabella’s sharp footsteps brought her back to reality, her feet walking swiftly upon the steady ground. The Friction it was called, an old tale of warning about the warring sea, land, and sky that would always slip from her old uncle’s mouth when he was on the verge of sleep, but what it was warning of, she could only guess since he never did say the ending; his sleep always clipped it. And when she asked about it when he was awake, he would laugh and say it’s just a fairy tale to scare children and nothing more; there was no ending, and that scared Isabella the most.

From when she was little, she and her older brother knew that their house was female, they knew the ocean was mischievous, that the mountains were stoic, in many ways, they knew their imaginings of the land, the sea, and sky were more than just components of a world, but alive, and it fueled their respected pursuit of knowledge until they could talk with the very stars that overlooked their sleep since the time they were infants.

But of course when their fantasy became reality, that was when the nightmares became real too.

Isabella straightened her lab coat, a nervous tick. The world knew. It had to. The building seemed to push its walls ever so slightly away from Dr. Isabella, like someone trying to avoid being touched by a flickering, poisonous flame. Even her own reflection from the clean, clean walls seemed to steal a glance at her for what she was about to do. It was treason, it was risky, it was a death sentence, but she had to do it. Her brother might never learn why she would disappear tonight, if she disappeared, if she could make it out alive then–no, no, she had to focus. She could not afford any mistakes, as much as she wished the building itself to just make a straight linear path for the exit, that wasn’t going to happen; this part of the path she had to walk alone.

Every hallway she was passing now contained higher and higher levels of the ceiling and security, and she had access to them all, down to the very core of the facility, to its most guarded lair deep buried within the world. The hard part really began in getting past the Door; she would have to mask her purpose with layers and layers of memories of her previous work, otherwise her mission would end right then and there.

By the time she approached the final hallway, the ceiling was as high a five story building, and with good reason, the Door wasn’t an object to be snipped of its grandeur. A woman was inside an electrical booth covered in mysterious pink shimmering glass and connected to a mechanical arm that held it well out of reach of the ground; she perked up at the doctor’s entrance, “Welcome Dr. Isabella, right on time for your appointment with them as always~!”

“Just let me through Tsuki.”

“Yes m’am,” pipped the gate guardian as she began entering code after code after code into her monitor to bring to life the great hovering double doors that resembled nothing less than the décor of Kingdom Hearts with a multitude of wires connected to it like veins, “but I should notify you that an official Sovereign Researcher is with the children right now, I think his name is, uh, Kur, Kurchity? (*Giggle*) Well something like that, I’m sorry you weren’t notified sooner about his time slot overlapping yours.” Tsuki made her monitor display a window within, “Oh he is so good with children; they really like him!”

Isabella shed every curse she knew in her head. “Well,” she said calmly, “You know how they just like to pop in whenever they wish to; I swear it’s as if they don’t trust us or something.”

“In my honest opinion m’am, I don’t think it’s a problem with trust. The Geologists are all reporting that the stars are shuddering, and you know, well, you know what your brother found….The Sovereigns checking in on their investment calms their nerves, as well as everyone else’s. The work you and your peers do is nothing short of the lifeline against, *gulp* th-them. Despite what you have made, you’re the real angel here!”

Isabella would have loved to have pounced through the Mystic* glass and pounded Tsuki till she was nothing but a fleshy stump that fills so many of the underground bioware-houses. Why, why must the gate guardians be people of such hearts that are so happy and disgustingly bubbly and stupid? Hell, the computers do all the work anyway; they only need the power from these hearts to do their job right.

“Ah! Speaking of angels, I have your new applicants for the Wielder program, boy they just keep getting younger every year! This boy named Den, Den, uh, Den-djue? Oh that can’t be his real name, anywho, he looks like the front runner this year.”

The mechanical arm lowered whilst Isabella breathed soothing, happy thoughts about how she was not going to strangle Tsuki, not going to strangle Tsuki, not, not, not, nope-nope~ She would allow the length of her anger to just give Tsuki a narrowed eyed glance, however Isabella gasped in silent horror when face to face with the guardian.

Tsuki’s eyes were completely blackened, black, as if they had been removed completely, “Ah, is something wrong Dr. Isabella? You look upset. Err, oh! That’s right, you’re going inside, silly me, I’ll just hold onto these documents for you until you get back~!”

But before Isabella could react further to blow her cover or save it, the large beautiful double doors opened inwards, cut by a crease of insanely bright light that engulfed her completely, sheathing her from a still perplexed eyeless Tsuki, and once gobbled up by the light, the doors closed promptly behind her, the light disappearing upon the thick click of a lock unseen.

Upon that click, Tsuki’s computer began screaming out an alarm, “WARNING, WARNING, OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE DETECTED, CONTAMINATION OF KINGDOM HEARTS DETECTED. CONTAMINATION OF KINGDOM HEARTS DETECTED, UNKOWN ABSORPTION OF THE NATURE’S RADIATION RISING. GATE OPENING, WARNING, WARNING–”

“Oh that’s not good…”

Windows and actions raced across the computer’s monitor flickering commands with the blink of an eye, the keyboard typing with unseen hands, the lights within the spacious room beginning to flicker as a roar of mechanical movement shook the underground.

“This is the day you are going to eat my heart isn’t it?”

Inside the Door, the light, though artificial, was never-the-less as powerful as if having been shined from the depths of the real Kingdom Hearts itself. It was the final security measure in measuring a person’s bioluminescence, their aura; the radiation from their Heart, with a few slight modifications however.

It didn’t matter that Isabella’s eyes were tightly clamped shut; the light went straight to her brain, numbing it with blinding exposure as it explored her turbulent thoughts back to Tsuki’s blackened eyes that bore through her confidence in her success in this venture–“Ah!”–she would also get nowhere if the Light* sensed her true intentions–which it then plucked right out from her weakened cacophony of mental barriers like a blue heron snapping up a dull guppy–*SH*T!*

Isabella’s heart shot up to her throat–the pounding from her heart surely was going to break her chest wide open well before the defense barrier would, but then the pain subsided, and the drilling Light* faded away revealing a wide-open room that was without a doubt a children’s nursery, minus any noticeable exits.

Isabella stumbled to the ground, trembling terribly, *How on earth did I just get through?* Again Tsuki’s blank eyes bore through her mentality, and contrary to what Tsuki had said was happening within the nursery, not surprisingly, but just as despairing, Isabella hadn’t heard a word from either the scientist or the two precious children he was dealing with.

She pushed herself up, looking all about like a distraught animal–scattered toys were kicked about, kiddish crayola drawings evolving into master works of art were partially ripped from the walls, one barely hanging by a pin, the plastic play-castles for toddlers looked like someone had taken a bat to it, story books were a mess, painted chairs and tables were broken, the windows were cracked, some broken, the illusion of outside spoiled by partially churning black and white television screens. Some screens were broken through so thoroughly that the first of several thick layers of synthesized Starbit metal fused with the world’s Mortal Barrier* were showing through with pink glints; a lot good that did protecting now. The screens that still worked showed animations of long flowing planes ending in faded mountains with incoming storm clouds.

And for all the chaos the room displayed, a neat pile of an assortment of dolls mocked the scene around it.

A sickening chill sparked Isabella’s nerves up her back and down her legs, her hand covering her mouth from the fear induced nausea, *Oh no…* There were doors with small windows that led to other rooms connected to the main nursery, but this central room was where the children and scientist were supposed to be, and it was empty, as were the other rooms with the windows darkened and offering no signs of occupation. Isabella’s breathing was hitched, sharp and uneven now, CLEARLY there was a problem, had been a problem, and not a single scream was heard, or seen.

Tsuki’s eyes, blackened, surely all the other gatekeepers must have been hit the same way, but the defense Light*, altered?!–Had the children already been taken?! Who could have done this under the nose of the Wayward Light Institute?!

An invisible camera with a blue lens zoomed in on her.

Isabella wanted to break down and cry, was this revenge from Kingdom Hearts itself? To have let this monster inside and leave Isabella to witness the aftermath, the pointless sacrifice she was about to make?

She dropped to her knees, bending from the crushing weight of despair, her crying whisper barely audible “Avera? Annelle?”

She heard a sniffle to her right, there, in the play-castle–Isabella was by its side in a scramble and several long leaping steps, “There, there now–I’m here,” she popped off the top of the reclining plastic castle and found the twins within in their simple white silk clothes, the dark haired one with red and green hazle eyes greeting her first, Annelle, he holding the one with the fairest light blue hair with light yellow bangs and eyes tightly clamped shut with tears, Avera.

“He came back,” Annelle hissed, his young voice barely distinct through his whispered anger, “Tried to take it right out of him this time, but I wouldn’t let him. Not this time, iT’s oUrS.”

Annelle’s melodic voice ending in an unholy mangle shot more sparks of fear throughout Isabella’s body, her nerves were at their wits end enough as it was, “What did you do to him Annelle? Where is he?”

“He hurt Avera. I covered up what was left with our dolls.”

Isabella turned to the doll pile and decided she didn’t need to see what was keeping the scientist from popping out in surprise at any moment. This both eased and complicated things greatly, she had no idea the length of what the Singed* eyes of the Gatekeepers could see, but so far with no alarms ringing, they perhaps just saw what was supposed to be happening, a physical examination of the children, so to speak, the taking of their Pulse*.

Tsuki was slouched back in her seat, her body convulsing as a plug stemming from her computer was buried in her chest, directly suckling on her heart.

“This should make the Institute happy at least mother, I’m finally leath–”

“HUSH! What have I told you about calling me that?!” Isabella snapped at Annelle, she paused, gave herself a moment, “Listen, to me,” and composed herself –

“Mother” –

“Don’t, don’t,” Isabella choked out, threatening to smack her seriousness into the child. “What have I told you about administering your powers like that?” she said as she picked the twins up out of the castle together, Annelle still tightly clutching Avera. “You understand what you have done don’t you?”

“I do,” said Annelle, “I protected him.”

“Break* only if you need to, to protect, only to protect yourselves–do you understand me?”

“Yes.”

“Isabella” –

“It’s going to be okay Avera,” she replied setting them both on a painted table. Finally those remarkable hazel (his being the specific mixture of blue, green, and yellow) eyes of Avera’s opened up with several tears falling out onto his caretaker’s hands. “Okay now, no, no let me see, I know its sore darling, but I need to see it to make sure it’s healing properly.”

Annelle helped move Avera’s hands away from his chest as Isabella examined the cruel marks resembling an electronic plug over Avera’s heart–before they disappeared, “Oh that’s wonderful, your body is healing at twice the rate from before now!”

“I can still feel him,” Avera cried with a quivering lip, “It hurt so much”

“I know sweetie,” said Isabella pulling him into a hug, “I’m so sorry I couldn’t stop him, but no one is ever, ever going to touch you like that again.”

“Promise?”

“I promise,” said Isabella and Annelle together.

“Because you know what?” said Isabella with a smile, taking hold of both Avera and Annelle’s hands, “When we go on our walk to the Chamber of Dreams facility, we’re going to take a special detour this time, one that won’t ever bring you boys back to this room again.”

The twin’s eyes grew wide, “We’re leaving?”

“Forever,” said Isabella breathlessly. She aimed to take them to the Dark Margin, their pursuers would never suspect them to hide there of all places; they feared the darkness far too much for even their rational thought. From there her brother would pick them up in his Star Traveler, and these children would be out of these basterds’ teeth forever…Now she just had to get them to that glitch in the building, that one glitch, a favor of all favors from her greatest asset in this escape, but like a beetle nibbling ever so diligently on a leaf, a crumbling reminder they were on the cusp of failure threatened to implode Isabella–black eyes, what was this other force interfering? Was this escape already doomed?

Isabella’s thoughts were hushed as Avera leaped up to give her the biggest hug, the moment then promptly shattered by the young boy’s scream seeing the newest threat behind the woman–Isabella whipped around, screaming herself when looking upon two large red eyes glancing in through the fake broken windows.

Annelle put himself between his family and the red eyed beast, but Avera screamed again–this time large cold blue eyes were looking in through the opposite side. These creatures, blue eyed and white, and red-eyed and black, were seemingly so great in size, the screens were barely big enough to encompass the calculating glance they used to study the woman and children.

“YOU KEEP YOUR CLAWS OFF THESE BABIES!” Isabella screamed, “THEY ARE NOT YOURS! THEY ARE FREE–FROM EVERYONE!”

Isabella’s declaration echoed around the room into a stinging silence.

The red-eyed beast narrowed its gaze, and a low hum with a steady beat began to sound, the red-eyes bouncing in glee, the beast was laughing.

Isabella felt Avera trying to reach for something behind her, she whirled back around to the blue-eyed beast breaking the boundary between illusion and reality by having pushed its white snout into the nursery–“NO!”

Annelle pushed his brother’s hands back to himself with Isabella taking both children in an iron-tight grip–but Avera’s beautiful hazel eyes were turning gray, and darker!

“Mommy it burns! I can’t see!”

Isabella kicked a table up and set Avera on it, “No, sweetie, don’t rub them, just wait, just wait…” Now was the moment of truth, if for all the crimes against existence she committed in the name of protection and science, if she really did bioengineer these children with the power they would need to break these chains.…Avera’s eyes turned completely black, and Annelle choked on shock for what was done to his other half–Isabella swiftly grabbed his arm as the furious twin howled at the beasts for revenge, clawing air in what he wished was their cursed hearts, black and red wisps of energy sparking around his ears and finger tips–

And then, the blue eyed beast removed its snout, and the red eyed beast stopped its laughter.

Avera’s eyes were regaining their color, slowly, surely, until they were their brilliant hazel once more–Isabella completely beside herself with joy in a planting a kiss on each one, Annelle jumping up and doing the same.

The beasts pulled back, their iris’ thinned to slits–

“You have no power over them.”

“RRIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAA”–twin earth shattering roars shook the woman and children to their cores, stretching the nerves that held their bodies, hearts, and souls as one to their breaking points–the room shook, the walls cracked, the remaining screens all blotted out nixing the image of the beasts, but the earth-breaking roaring remained.

A glowing crack suddenly broke in space, stretching wider and wide into a gorge threatening to tear the entire room asunder–

“Mom! Momma move!”

Annelle pulled Isabella with Avera away from the shinning gorge, their incredible self-healing sparing them against the distortion onslaught, but the less fortunate Isabella could barely crawl with their urging, her body outweighing their combined strength. She was thoroughly grounded by the chains of her mortality, she couldn’t even comprehend anything that was happening anymore, her body/being was becoming scrambled from the inside out!

“MOMM WALK! MOMMY WALK AWAY THE LIGHT!” but Isabella collapsed, her being reduced to a puddle, the gorge then split itself even wider, and half of Isabella’s body went over the edge–

“MOM!”

The twins tried to haul her back over the edge, but she slipped farther and farther from out their little hands, “Ah”–

Avera looked down seeing the floor starting to glow, and getting very, very, VERY hot–that smell, they were smelling themselves beginning to cook! Pictures, books, burst into flames–the twins shared terrified glances–so what would it be? Burn to death or rot in infinity?

The decision was made for them when Isabella’s body finally went over the edge, taking the grasp of the twins with it.

END PART.

Comments and Crit is welcome, it's the only way I'll get better :3

Last edited:

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker
Prologue: Part 2 Mandorla

"And I'm damned if I do, and I'm damned if I don't,
So here's to drinks in the dark
At the end of my road,

And I'm ready to suffer, and I'm ready to hope,
It's a shot in the dark, and right at my throat,
'Cause looking for heaven, for the devil in me,
Looking for heaven, for the devil in me,

Well what the hell, I'm gonna let it happen, to me" - Shake it Out, Florence + The Machine

Alarms shrill and long began to sound throughout Tokieo Town, Ragiel’s father set his son down and called forth his keyblade, an ancient design of black stone edged with metal and red and green vines.

“Dad”–

“What have I told you abou’ where home is Ragiel?”

His son gave a hiccup squeezing the life out of his crocodile, “Home is where the heart is.”

“An’ you are mine, and I will always return to you, no ma'er what.” His father gave his son another kiss on the head before using his wind magic to snap open the window allowing him to leap right out onto the roof of their house; Ragiel left to watch his father race like the wind towards the Wayward Light Institute that looked like it was becoming wrapped in slithering white smoke.

~.~​

For a moment the twins and woman were suspended though silent air, hovering in the Light*–GROUOP–the sound of a great thick body bulged behind them, daring the twins to look back–a monster, a demon amassed from distorted and overbearing limbs with two sets of ripped wings, translucent and white with its own pearly flesh slithering all around it, its stocky head opening its set of giant jaws that were as big as a house with large black teeth, its black ghastly eyes set upon the twins and Isabella–about to chomp down on them all–the boys could see all the way down its throat that led to nothingness, black as the eyes of the Singed*–and then they were on solid ground, the synthetic Kingdom Hearts shutting firmly behind them containing a loud neck breaking THUMP within, and a pained, furious snarling growl.

In a second Annelle was on his feet, black electricity popping around his eyes and ears and fingertips that bristled up his moppy black hair, he wanted to tear into something so desperately, but there was hardly a challenge in waiting.

The once well lighted room was now almost completely dark; the lights and shattered Mystic Glass* around the electrical booth were barely lit from a dying electrical source. The mechanical arm that held up Tsuki’s prison had crashed to the ground, sparks of electricity offering brief illuminations of mangled metal. The twins could hear Tsuki’s broken computer speaking aimlessly in repetitive patterns with a voice completely made out of base, each cycle of the pattern growing slower and slower, and deeper and deeper, until the sound buried itself out of existence.

Their eyes spotted movement, and they were ready for a fight, but again it wasn’t anything of a challenge at all. It was barely seeable in the darkened spacious room, but pinned underneath the crashed mechanical arm that held up Tsuki’s prison was an Invisible heartless, its clawing attempt futile at getting itself out.

Now the twins were schooled well about these kinds of Emotionless, the heartless, but this heartless was very easily capable of getting itself out, why it chose to struggle so poorly and pathetically like that was beyond them except for presenting itself as a sitting duck.

Annelle wasted no time, and with a simple glance, a black bolt with a red core dispatched the heartless at once.

Isabella coughed back to life, her white attire was singed, but her burns didn’t stop herself from solidifying back like ice from the puddle of distortion.

“M-Mom…”

She was certainly conscious enough to give Annelle a one eyed glare.

Steam and electricity busted out of the wires/veins connected across the synthetic Kingdom Hearts, the three scuttling away quickly as to not get popped by the wiring flailing about like eels caught on a hook. The doors sank to ground with a crumbling thud, and the wires immediately dropped, the doors settling askew with hairline cracks ticking broken paths across its face.

“Thank-you,” Isabella whispered, though not sure whom she was thanking.

The scientist looked over at the crash site, at the broken Mystic* glass that grew dimmer and dimmer with each second.

“There was a heartless there, but I killed it,” said Annelle.

Isabella acknowledged him with a nod and single pat on the head.

“It was all trapped underneath the arm, wiggling like it was stupid, like it didn’t know what to do.”

A huge wave of emotions surged up to bring just the slightest sheen of tears in Isabella’s eyes before she quickly blinked them away.

A glance around the room and hallway foretold the rest of the building, and quite possibly the entire Institute, or worse...Everything was eerily quiet, the alarms were silenced, if they ever really went off at all. There were no screams, hasty footsteps, or even sounds of combat; at least for their sake of escape the amount of people between them and the exit was drastically reduced from fleeing or otherwise. Certainly whatever happened, happened fast, very fast, she knew she wasn’t in the twin’s cell for more than 10 minuets! 5 minuets?

“Isabella, what happened?” Avera asked with a tremor, “An Untouchable, an Untouchable was inside the Door….”

“What?!”

“But the Door stopped it,” said Annelle, “It’s gone.”

“Your legs…”

Isabella looked at her legs, patches of black, as if parts were bitten by frost bite were smudged all over her. *The Distortion…Dammit…Radiation from the Gates, oh this sucks,* Isabella spotted another patch on her hand, and then her sleeve rolled down revealing another patch tracing her arm. Her body entered a mode of hypersensitivity with her skin pinpointing all over her body the patches of her ruin.

The twins looked back and forth at one another to Isabella who looked at the patches with silent awe, “Izzy what are those black patches all over you?”

“There’s another one on your neck.”

The thought entered her mind clear, plain, and final: She was not going to get out of this building alive.

Isabella propped herself up with her arms, feeling portions of the blackened skin stretch on her back; she wanted to scream, these blotches of death would soon eclipse her. She could barely think, but one thought trumped all, she had to get these twins out of here, what’s done is, done, they had to leave, they had to get out of here somehow.

“Izzy?”

“Isabella, can you walk?”

She felt like she could barely crawl, much less walk or even run. She would only be a hindrance to the twins’ escape now, and she also knew that no matter what she said, what she could even bring herself to threaten them with, they would not leave her side. The lights flickered again, time was running out.

Only the most trusted associates knew this for its blasphemous ramifications (Isabella couldn’t help but smirk at herself), but the heart of this world powered the Institute! And for the power to be failing…There was only one way for power to have been disrupted to the Institute, what they had done to make sure that the power could never, ever be cut…The heart of the world itself would have to be held in a sustained cardiac arrest.

A slight tremor shook the building, igniting a sinking feeling to bubble in Isabella’s gut.

If this condition isn’t reversed, then the world itself would die, and there was no escaping that unless in some sort of star craft, gummi ship as some would call them…Her mind bumped over the stationed Keyblade Master in their midst, one worthy of the Sovereign Royalty’s respect, Isabella snickered again, oh he would surely be tested tonight, if not already.

A stronger tremor shook the building.

“Come on children, come on,” it was all talk from Isabella, the twins moved her more than her legs’ sad excuse for walking.

What had such power to hold the heart of a world in its hand? Of course she really knew in being the researcher she was, but she couldn’t fathom as to why they would descend upon this world, upon this institute, why such things would even bother with this sneeze of an atom.

Isabella flashed back to the red and blue eyes of the beasts, and a late chill sparked through her for having such guts for berating those beasts like she did. She knew that stained glass window well which showed the pillars of existence, Yahena, the Chrost-Weik, and the Lifestream, decorated and beautiful to catch every breath that owed its own existence to the story it displayed. Opposite one another in the middle were the great beasts of white coating and blue eyes, and black coating and red eyes. They both had one arm extended out in front of them, interlocking a single paw as if to force one another back single handedly, mirroring one another’s pose perfectly except for what differed in their anatomy. Their pose inadvertently formed the shape of a heart with the curve of their necks and noses meeting. They were the Gates, those that protected the pillars; they that were sown into the fabric of existence.

“Isabella, don’t cry…”

“We will all get out of here mom!”

The Gates’ divine involvement, it would explain the extraordinary Singe* of the eyes of the Gatekeepers and the power outage, but why do this? This hiccup in information led Isabella to piece together something very unpleasant and chilling, what of that Sovereign scientist that was here earlier? Who tried to take Avera’s Pulse*? Did he know this was going to happen? Was this an attack on the Institute itself? One that even the Gates thought they should bless?! Why? Why?

They were walking right next to her. These children…what had she created that pillars of existence, Gods for lack of a better term, would descend upon this single world, this single Institute…? No, she knew exactly what she had created, what this Institute was, and how it had escalated to the point of poking in the territory of manipulating Astral Law, and what others would do to get their hands on these boys…Thank goodness they could finally protect themselves, if such an idea had been hatched earlier, they would have been spirited away to god knows where, and brainwashed, or killed, or who knows what else a sick hand would try.

Surely there was some kind of raid that also happened when they were inside the Nursery; a building just doesn’t empty itself. Well, in a way, this one could, but still, there’s a bigger design at work here.

A subtle breaking sound caught all of their attention; a little crack was traveling up the hallway towards them from behind.

“Mom, mom, come on get up!”

“Isabella get up!”

The cracking sound was getting deeper, resonating ever louder as it got closer to them, “Avera, Annelle, listen to me, do you remember the glitch that I’ve told you about? About Monty?”

“Yes”–

Then the hallway lights suddenly burst back into life, and the crack was halted in place, the deep crumbling sound silenced with the sound of air being let out of some unseen fissure.

“The power came back!” Annelle chirped, but Isabella was much more cautious. She was up against the Gates after all, and understanding their full intentions, much less power, was like trying to catch light in the palm of your hand; impossible.

“The glitch Isabella! Come on, stand up, we’ll walk you to it! I think –”

“Walk me to the Sentiment Closet first, I need to get a weapon.” Several in fact.

“Mommy, we’re the weapons!”

“Do as I tell you!”

And so they hobbled, Isabella more or less pulling the boys past the pace that they wanted to set for her, “Isabella,” Avera whimpered, “I’m sorry we can’t learn Cure* magic –”

“That’s not your fault sweety, it’s mine, there, just a couple more doors down, past the elevator” –

Ding, the elevator’s entry light burned green–Isabella grabbed both boys by the scruff of their shirts on the back of their necks and threw them with unremarkable strength into the nearest room–she giving them both a glare to stay the hell down, and stay the hell quiet.

The doors opened revealing a gruff looking man with slicked back blonde hair, oiled aerial clothing, and holding a long, spear-like weapon. Upon immediately seeing Isabella’s burnt and bloody body, he raced over to her side, “M’am, take my hand, I’ll help get you out of this hell hole, oh my god, your legs”–

“What have you seen?”

“What have I seen? Hell! And by the looks of it, so have you, m’am please let me help you, are you the only one left down here?”

“Who have you seen left in the building?”

“Bits an’ pieces, these monsters, demons–ghosts? I don’t know, the Master Allister tore into the brutes, practically suicide, but there were too many, likewise they just tore through the place, they had this, swirling, moving flesh, uagh,” the man crinkled his nose in genuine disgust remembering the sight of them–

“Untouchables,” Isabella breathed– *For being the rarest Emotionless, they’re sure showing their numbers*–

“M’am, please come with me now, Allister has got everything stable up top, I can speak and run at the same time”–

“Well I can’t,” Isabella spat as the man moved to pick her up–

“Then let me carry you!”

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!”

“ANNELLE!”

The man looked back in time to see a black electrical bolt suspended in mid air just behind his neck–

“Holy sh–what are you, kids?!”

The bolt dispersed; Annelle had fully blown his cover with Avera peeking around the corner. Isabella ripped herself out of the man’s grasp and grabbed both boys by their arms, “Take them with you, here”–

The man sputtered in surprise in suddenly finding himself juggling twins, one looking at him in frightened curiosity, the other seemingly wanting to bite his face off, his spear falling out of his grasp and onto the floor with an awkward clink, clink, clang.

“What, what do I do” –

Isabella finally made it to the Sentiment Closet, stumbling inside and onto the ground, her legs reminding her she was on borrowed time.

The man stumbled into the closet behind her, struggling to hold the twins, "Lady"

“Isabella”

“Mom”

Rather than screaming at them all, she used her riled up fury to power herself back up, using the shelves as a make-do crutch, pushing past elaborate containers of all shapes, glints and colors, until she found a little black box with a single tiny white jewel on upon it. She snatched it up, and smashed it to the ground, not minding the little bites of broken glass as she plucked from the debris two glinting small chains with emblems of unknown origins, both looking like crowns with three spikes. She stumbled over to the man holding her precious charges and handed each boy a chain, “No matter what happens,” she said in as dead a serious tone she could muster, “You do not lose these things.”

“Y-you boys listen to your mother now,” the man chimed in, only to be met with another of Isabella’s mind piercing glares.

“I’m not their mother, I’m their manipulator, at best.”

“What does that mean?” the man sputtered.

“Um, Izzy, th-they’re dissolving away…”

The keychains crumpled out of the boy’s hands like sand. Isabella face palmed, *Of f*ing course.* “Where do you live?” she asked the man.

“I live in town, in the city, we all saw this place go up in this, weird smoke and then fiery light, and then the monsters came”–

“There is no one left alive in this building? No monsters?”

“From what I’ve seen just you, and these boys, lady now I think these boys can walk, I can carry you” –

And the last of Isabella’s strength left her, she collapsing on top of the man who dropped the boys in time to catch her.

“Isabella!”

“Mom!”

“I got her, I got her now, you two kids just follow me on out of here, you, blackie head” –

“My name is Annelle” –

“Anne, could you pick up my spear for me? Ah,” he situated Isabella a little better, “Alright let’s get the hell out of here.”

Both boys acknowledged the man; Annelle growling a bit in picking up his spear-like weapon.

“This way, the elevator hopefully should still work.”

“What’s your name mister?” asked Avera.

“My name is Cid Highwind, pleasure, go on now, inside,” and the double doors closed behind them.

“Get off on the second floor,” came Isabella’s weak voice, “There’s a, little exit.”

“Whatever you say, wait, second floor?”

“Second floor…you’ll see. Monty owes me a favor.”

“Monty? Uh, lady”–

“Momma’s worked in this building for a long, long time,” said Annelle, “She knows it inside and out, and what it’s fully capable of.”

“Monty is what she named the building,” said Avera, “Isabella has told us that the building is alive because the world is alive; she can talk to it, and it can do her favors.”

A stupefied visage slapped itself on Cid’s face, “Oooookay, well, uh, well,” but before he could even begin to wrap his head around what Avera had said, the elevator door opened, revealing another desolate hallway.

“Which way m’am?” but Isabella had fallen out of consciousness, “Crap, you boys wouldn’t happen to know where she meant us to go would you?”

“Monty knows,” said Avera.

“Unfortunately I’m not fluent in buildings-speak kid,” and Cid started to move on his own, the twins following quickly in his steps.

Ding.

The light of another elevator at the end of a crossing hallway lit up grabbing all of their attention, Annelle became on the ready to attack, but the doors didn’t open.

“Monty says this way!” piped Avera.

“Wait kid! ACK–“ the twins more or less pulled Cid along with their tiny hands as he struggled to keep balance with Isabella. A phone rang in a room down another crossing hallway adjacent to the lit elevators, this hallway having windows–

“This way! This way!”

Isabella regained consciousness from Cid’s rapid and rough movements, her head nonchalantly glancing at the windows they were passing, her eyes making contact with faint grizzly growling teeth–

“GET DOWN!”

No sooner than she said that, the windows were spotted with bullets, the twins were small enough to run underneath the fire, but they still hit the ground with Cid; he trying to cover them all from the raining glass shards.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” the bullet spray stopped, “Is this a rescue or an assassination?!”

“Both,” Isabella coughed, a trickle of blood running down her mouth.

“Oh no, no”

“Mom, MOM”

Isabella had been hit in the back, her left lung was ruptured; she was down to minuets.

Ding.

Another pair of elevator doors lit up at the end of the windowed hallway. Oddly placed, they look like they had just been stuck there by accident. The doors opened, and then a second pair opened on the opposing end, showing freedom beyond the wind swept treetops into the cover of night, closer tree branches looking like outstretched arms waiting to catch them.

Cid gawked at the building anomaly, “What the…?”

“Go, go,” Isabella choked, “Avera, Annelle, go–”

“Mommy come on,” Avera cried, “Move, please”

“We’re not leaving you!” Annelle screamed, his piercing cries unable to penetrate the deathly cloak that was wrapping itself around Isabella.

Cid suddenly heard heavy footsteps making their way towards them, and he wasn’t about to find out what they were hauling ass for! The elevator doors flexed, and a little voice entered the back of his mind, *HURRY!*

Cid grabbed the boys and they grabbed Isabella, the added weight slowing them down past the point of escape, and it broke Cid’s heart in knowing what he’d have to do to get these children free, but Isabella with already a shattered heart and body spared him. She took the hands of the boys in her own, their little hands grasping hers back responsively like so many times when they walked about like a mother walking her children. She kissed their grasp of one another, of the boys whom she had watched over since the time they were born, yes, born she thought, and then she let go.

“MOOOOM!!!”

Free of the added weight Cid bolted with the children, putting a little too much force in the charge forward causing Cid to bend forward too far and stumble into the elevator, *Wow this is a small elevator–OHSHI*– and they all fell out of the building! Seconds away from the ground, and what Cid thought would be some broken bones from the angle he fell, he was aptly jerked up by the back of his shirt (almost choked) with the sound of giant wings descending upon him, his fall softened with an almighty “OOF” as he rolled on the ground and into a tree trunk. He scrambled to get back up, banged up, cut, and bruised, looking up at the elevator doors that led to freedom closing, molding back into the side of the building itself, “Woah!” he stumbled to the side as a powerful gust of wind caught him by surprise, he hearing the screaming and crying of the twins being carried away on the gale, “Avera! Annelle!”

But his cries were quickly drowned out by the sound of a great collapse rising from the ground up. Cid felt flecks of rocky debris flick onto his face and couldn’t believe what was happening now, the Institute was collapsing! All of it!

The windows popped, the columns snapped, the dying moan of tons of metal and concrete crushing in upon itself shook the ground; Cid ran from the destruction, “Avera! Annelle!” Where had they gone?! No, did something take them away?!

As quickly as the building began to crumble, it ended just as fast with an almighty tremor that split the ground just under Cid’s scramble, causing him to stumbled into another tree. He looked back, and took in the sight of the Institute completely leveled.

“Damn…” He knew people had to be trapped inside considering the rush of footsteps before their escape, but he couldn’t help but feel that the building, Monty was it? Used its body to bury whatever was after them….Come to think of it when he entered the building to help, he got to the bottom level with so much ease…

“Avera! Annelle!”

“CID! Cid are you alright?!” a dark red haired lion/canine-like beast with a thin brown mane extending partially down his back and tattoos on his right legs landed by Cid’s side in a great leapt, “How did you get out?! I heard you went to the bottom level!”

“Nana, I, uh, aw hell it’s just one big hole of sh*t!” Cid hissed slamming his fist against a tree.

“You’re alright then are you?” the beast asked.

“I’m just a perfect peach,” Cid spat, “Look listen, we’ve got to find these two kids, they’re twins, one with black hair, and one with blue-blonde hair.”

“Children?”

“Yes, twins, hey where’s Allister? His kid better not be a damn orphan now”–

“HOO!”

Cid and Nana looked up, and a white horned owl with eyes black as ebony glared back down, “HOO! HOO! HOO!” The owl took off, the force of its flight knocking a wisp of some kind of fabric from the branches to flutter lightly in the air to finally land within Cid’s grasp. He instantly recognized the white silk as part of what the twins wore.

“Damnit…Hey Avera! Annelle!”

The horned owl flew up high into the night, over the rubble of the Wayward Lights Institute, and into the creases of darkness in-between the speckled starlight, the last bits of its shadow flying over Isabella’s body, which had not a pebble of rubble upon her.

Her eyes were barely creased open, eyes that could see and not see. A patch of black had spread up to her face, a fleeting thought crossed her mind, what would she die from first? The gunshot or the Distortion…?

There wasn’t much Monty was able to do until the very end after feeling his body being subdued by the world, who in turn was bending to the intrusions of the Gates. Even when it felt it could act, it was already too late. Monty crumbled as an act of revenge against them, the building feeling the satisfaction of crushing them under his strong slabs of concrete and metal, turning the protection that was built into the building into a blade to give a single stab back against they who had defiled it, defiled her; and all the while amongst the calamity, not a single pebble of debris hit Isabella. Monty had collapsed perfectly around her, opening up the night sky upon her still lifeless face.

“Hey! Over here, I see someone!”

Isabella’s throat could barely flex, “Monty…thanks…at least my brother has something to bury now….” The words were more mouthed than spoken, the scientist’s vision was blurred with white dots shimmering and fading over the cascading night; she was in no pain, she was only very, very tired…“How weak of me…all I want to do now is hold them….” And the ticking of her heart stopped.

What did we remember?​

“Sora? What’s wrong? You’re…”

“Ah, that’s weird…It feels like, something is squeezing me inside.”

“Somebody up there must be sad.”

“Up where?”

“Oh man, she’s in terrible shape, come on, be careful with her legs!”

“It’s a miracle she wasn’t crushed!”

“They say every world is connected by one great big sky. So, maybe there’s somebody up there in all those worlds who’s really hurting, and they’re waiting for you to help them.”

“She bleeding out her back too?! Oh man”-

“Get an ambulance here NOW!!”

“Well gee, do you think there’s something I could do?”

Yes, but not tonight.​

“Move, move, out of my way–MOVE! Isabella?! ISABELLA!”

“Hmm…Maybe they just need you to open your heart and listen.”

“I don’t know Riku, you say some weird stuff sometimes, but I’ll try it!”

“Isabella? Izzy, oh no, no no no nonono”

“Hey, can you hear me?”

“Can you hear me….? Izzy, can you hear me….? Wake up….Please, please wake up….”

*………..*​
What a small world.​