• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Right. I don’t want to see Riku lapse back into liking Kairi either, but I do want to see them socialize more, not unlike how Sora is with Riku. We don’t see enough of that—it’s like they're barely on speaking terms the way they are now. :T

I hope we see them interact in a similar fashion to how Noel and Serah interacts in FFXIII-2.

Exactly, this I would be more than fine with.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Then mabey they should go on a journey together

Stars

リク
Definitely hope Kairi will be payable in the next game. Besides training as a keyblade wielder, i hope she has a different task too.

Shawty

Awards
I'm gonna be so excited when I find out that we'll be able to play as Kairi. It would be a major breakthrough in the series, and finally she won't be portrayed as the girl who needs to be rescued. ^.^

Crystal

Silver Member
Definitely hope Kairi will be payable in the next game. Besides training as a keyblade wielder, i hope she has a different task too.

You remind me of something related to the ending of secret episode in BBS Final Mix, I wonder why Kairi goes to Twilight Town Mansion.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yes, I would love to play as Kairi. I'm surprised it has taken this long for it to be a possibility.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
i don't think you know what that word means

Mary Sue - A fictional character, usually female and especially in fanfic, whose implausible talents and likeableness weaken the story.

But now she's being trained, and no longer playing the kidnapped Princess.
She's gotten character development and no longer the perfect little girl waiting for Sora

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Mary Sue - A fictional character, usually female and especially in fanfic, whose implausible talents and likeableness weaken the story.

But now she's being trained, and no longer playing the kidnapped Princess.
She's gotten character development and no longer the perfect little girl waiting for Sora

If anything, being the only Keyblade wielding PoH who also gets training privileges from a master, on top of being the love interest, makes her even more Sue like than before as a Sue would be too "awesome" to play the DiD and wait at home all this time for Sora (though a Sue would also be too "awesome" for training). Though it's all subjective.

Key to Truth

Awards
You know... I was actually kinda disappointed with Kairi. I actually didn't want her to be "trained" or anything. I just don't like her, that must be why.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
There's not much to like about her what with how little development she’s seen, I don't disagree. Luckily for us, though, it seems like she might be in for some dynamic change:

Dynamic change said:
Sometimes, characters in a novel or play go through a great dynamic change only to find their true self and to remove the fraudulent perception of themselves in the eyes of others. Such a change leads the character to become fully aware of their life as well as finally understand what a hypocritical life they have mistakenly led.

That's better than nothing. If she gets a decent amount of that, perhaps the thought of liking her wouldn’t inspire as much ill-feelings from the Kairi-ophobes as she does now. Probably not.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
There's not much to like about her what with how little development she’s seen, I don't disagree. Luckily for us, though, it seems like she might be in for some dynamic change:

That's better than nothing. If she gets a decent amount of that, perhaps the thought of liking her wouldn’t inspire as much ill-feelings from the Kairi-ophobes as she does now. Probably not.

That's sounds like an epiphany. Canon-wise the worst thing Kairi did was get in Sora and Riku's "way" by being generally defenseless and she realized a long time ago that she can't keep depending on them to get her out of a jam.

Personally I more concerned with how smooth her development goes versus whether she gets development or not. There is such a thing as "bad" character development so if she undergoes any it still all rides on the execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back