• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm not even a Kairi fan, Hell I don't even like the idea of Kairi being a combatant/using the Keyblade but since it's something I have to deal with I've eventually come to not mind the idea of playing as Kairi because I think of all the potential. Kairi is literally dead last in any combative experience or training and if they do it right and don't take any short cuts her short comings can provide interesting development.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i'd honestly rather see more kairi than anyone from the v.a.t. trio. it's like they're called v.a.t. because they're a vat of boredom lmfao. it's really sad that she among other characters, have been tossed aside in favor of less interesting characters.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com
And Demyx surely can't be compared to Kairi in terms of importance to the story. Demyx is certainly not a main character, not even an important villain if one is honest.

No, no, I'm not saying he's a main character any means. Just that I think he deserves more screentime than Kairi.

Now, I'm not even a fan of Kairi but Kairi was always a planned character. She was in the initial concept sketches, and where does homosexuality + Disney come into play at all?

Kairi is a highly underdeveloped character that has been left untouched because Nomura and the writers felt there was more of a story to be told in other characters. It is a shame, but it does seem like with the secret ending of KH3D Nomura plans to make Kairi a major player of KH3's plot. So why would you be against seeing her character develop since that is what is bothering you about her character?

I'm guessing it's already been addressed, but I remember hearing a rumor a long time ago that originally Kairi wasn't planned.
It would explain why Nomura has neglected her, which I believe is intentional.

I'm against it because it feels forced and the majority of the fanbase doesn't like her. The story has gotten along fine without her so far.
Maybe Nomura is simply testing the waters to see what the fanbase's reaction would be to her and he'll go on that.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to give Kairi significant screen time in KH3 to be honest. It's essentially the climax of the saga and trying to bump up her importance at the last minute like this is a risky move. She's so underdeveloped right now she can use all the attention from the writers she can get but at the same time they don't have that luxury with her. Most likely they'll default to using her the way they've always have.

I'm hoping they default her. Like I said, it'd feel REALLY forced for her to suddenly be so important so developed.
It wouldn't make a lot of sense to do all of this in the last game of the saga...
They could always save her for the next one, if at all.

Rexy

Bronze Member
The tutorial of KH3 will be playing as Kairi on the realm of darkness to save Aqua :p

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm against it because it feels forced and the majority of the fanbase doesn't like her.

I wouldn't say I'm "against" but I know what you mean by feeling forced if they try to do too much with her at the last minute. Though from what I've notice the fanbase has actually warmed up to her in recent years. The fans that hate Kairi are no different than any other set of fans that hate some thing; they're loud but it doesn't necessarily mean they're a majority.

Youniquee

Awards
I have never read of Kairi ranking anywhere in the top 10 in character polls in Japan or anywhere else.
In fact, I've never seen anyone (in real life or online) particularly fond of her.

Doesn't mean that the majority doesn't like her.
I doubt people will be 100% fond of her, since they don't know her. (We've not seen that much of her) but I doubt the majority dislike her.
I'm also excluding the reason about her 'getting in the way of ships'. That's a horrible reason and should never be used to hate a character.
Needed to get that out there.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I have never read of Kairi ranking anywhere in the top 10 in character polls in Japan or anywhere else.
In fact, I've never seen anyone (in real life or online) particularly fond of her.

Because what is true of the part is TOTALLY true of the whole.

I rarely get streetpasses on my 3DS. That must mean I'm one of the few with one.

I never see anyone praise the Dark Cloud games. That must mean no one has heard of them.

I hardly ever find remixes of Professor Layton music. That must mean no one likes it and it sucks.

Don't jump to conclusions when your "evidence" is highly inconclusive.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Why are all of those quoted from Youni-chan xD Hecxy said that...

I'll blame that on being distracted xD
Fixed it!

There's a difference between not liking and hating/disliking her

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Oh for the record, I don't mind Kairi. She's just been severely underutilized. Yeah, she's been a driving point for Sora's quest in both KH1 and KH2, but she never got much more than that. Naminé got more character development than her, for crying out loud.

Japanlover

Guess what, I'm a Soriku fan too. And I bet all those scenes in KHDDD of Sora and Riku Bromance was so planned!

All joking aside, I'm not a big Kairi fan but I do respect her. She is important in KH because she is one of the princess of light

I can't believe my thread turned into this.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com

I was referring to more widely conducted polls and not just in one place, but point understood.

Doesn't mean that the majority doesn't like her.
I doubt people will be 100% fond of her, since they don't know her. (We've not seen that much of her) but I doubt the majority dislike her.
I'm also excluding the reason about her 'getting in the way of ships'. That's a horrible reason and should never be used to hate a character.
Needed to get that out there.

It may be a horrible reason, but it's a reason nonetheless.
In any series where the majority of characters are male, there's going to be a large amount of female fans who will ship.

But shipping aside, as mentioned before, it feels like Kairi is being force fed to players.
Suddenly, "WHOOO IMPORTANT".
Out of nowhere.

If they want to make Kairi all included, fine, but is it really necessary to rush things and just shove her into the LAST game of the saga? They might as well just wait until after KH3 when the series gets a new start, where characters can be introduced/reintroduced.

Because what is true of the part is TOTALLY true of the whole.

I rarely get streetpasses on my 3DS. That must mean I'm one of the few with one.

I never see anyone praise the Dark Cloud games. That must mean no one has heard of them.

I hardly ever find remixes of Professor Layton music. That must mean no one likes it and it sucks.

Don't jump to conclusions when your "evidence" is highly inconclusive.

It almost sounds like you're mixing up the popularity of a subject based on lack of awareness.

This is a different case--we all know Kairi exists and that she's there. We've seen her, if only for a little while, some just don't like her based on what they've seen.

Guess what, I'm a Soriku fan too. And I bet all those scenes in KHDDD of Sora and Riku Bromance was so planned!

All joking aside, I'm not a big Kairi fan but I do respect her. She is important in KH because she is one of the princess of light

I can't believe my thread turned into this.

Oh my goodness that scene! XD
I squealed a little when I saw and could only nod.

Youniquee

Awards
It may be a horrible reason, but it's a reason nonetheless.
In any series where the majority of characters are male, there's going to be a large amount of female fans who will ship.

But shipping aside, as mentioned before, it feels like Kairi is being force fed to players.
Suddenly, "WHOOO IMPORTANT".
Out of nowhere.

If they want to make Kairi all included, fine, but is it really necessary to rush things and just shove her into the LAST game of the saga? They might as well just wait until after KH3 when the series gets a new start, where characters can be introduced/reintroduced.

Sorry but no. SoRiku (who btw, I ship) is *not canon* so Kairi isn't ruining anything. People need to stop with this reason and make up more valid ones. Seriously.

Shippers need to control themselves and stop hating on female characters for stupid reasons. Half of their ships aren't even canon anyway.

We don't even know how important she's going to be yet. All we know for now is that she's going to get a role. I don't know about you, but I don't really feel like it was forced. She has this keyblade in KH2, she should put it to use. And now she is.

What game to you want her to be included in then? They have to introduce her importance some how and this is the start. It's up to them whether they want to expand on her even more in the next saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back