• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
Side game
JUST BECAUSE THE GAME IS ON A HANDHELD DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS A SIDE GAME. THE CLOSEST THINGS THIS SERIES HAS TO A SIDE GAME IS DAYS AND CODED. nOMURA SAID BBS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED KINGDOM HEARTS ZERO. HE ALSO SAID DDD SETS THE STAGE FOR KH3, WHICH DOESN'T MAKE IT A SIDE GAME. End rant.

Decrith

I keep on imagining Kairi to be a healer-type character. I wonder if they'd make something like that happen in KH3 Kairi having skills like Protectga, Shellga, etcga.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I could defiantly see Kairi being a great defensive,buffer,healer.

She'll have a lot of unique buff spells that would protect the party from harm which can also incorporate with light magic,like regeneration,mass heal,auto life,which would just be similar to second chance.

She'll have a lot of defensive skills like renewal block,stop barrier and warp skills to,skills to stop status aliments,skills that prevent anything from attacking her and similar light abilities like what queen minnie used in Kh2.

So basically she'll be the most defensive Keyblade wielder with skills mostly used to protect everyone and offensive skills that moves her away from harm.

Though i do want her offensive skills,which isn't going to be that much compared to everyone else to be more light and water based..mostly water because water in rpg's are hardly ever used beyond just water,waterga and so on.

Decrith

The keyblade wielders needs a lot of diversity. I mean each wielder needs a different fighting style each, Sora and Riku in 3D are quite similar when they fight, to be honest the only that made them different how they use the Spirits and their exclusive commands (not a lot). On the other hand, in BBS Ventus was fast, Terra was powerful, Aqua was a mage, despite the same gameplay, they all felt different because they played differently.

I'm hoping Kairi (and Lea for that matter) would be different from the others.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You shouldn't call a game a side game when its EXTREMELY relevant to the story.
I really don't think a training session is THAT important. They could pretty easily just imply that Kairi's been training off-screen in the gap between DDD & KH3.

Anyway, if we do play as kairi, what kind of keyblades do you expect her to have.
Destiny's Embrace, Disney world keychains (depending on what worlds are visited) & Oathkeeper as her high level blade. Maybe an Ultima in a sidequest. Seems straight forward enough.

JUST BECAUSE THE GAME IS ON A HANDHELD DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS A SIDE GAME. THE CLOSEST THINGS THIS SERIES HAS TO A SIDE GAME IS DAYS AND CODED. nOMURA SAID BBS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED KINGDOM HEARTS ZERO. HE ALSO SAID DDD SETS THE STAGE FOR KH3, WHICH DOESN'T MAKE IT A SIDE GAME. End rant.
Caps much? To be honest DDD didn't really feel completely like a main game to me. It acts more like a tool for combining the plots of other games rather than stands on it's own. The main story doesn't even begin until the final world. Before that its all filler & worthless vague foreshadowing. It's a prologue in the end & prologues are not full tales on their own.

As for a Kairi game, again, its just her training. That can simply be something that happens off-screen instead. A game based on it isn't exactly a major deal.

Decrith

MATGSY, I'm sorry my post was referring to rac7d for calling 3D a side game. I should have quoted him my bad lol

And yea, I don't think a Kairi game is possible, probably Kairi's training will be used as a tutorial session for KH3 if ever.

But I really think none of the KH games should be considered a side game since they all play their part in developing the whole story.

Mr Yippie

I want her to be heavy hitting like Terra with Aqua's magic proficiency

Ranko

I've been wanting Sora, Riku and Kairi to fight together as a trio since KH1 first came out and now it looks like it will finally happen. I bet she'll help Sora rescue Aqua.

But I wonder how she'll be handled. Will she be playable? Will she be a AI partner that follows you around like Goofy and Donald? Will she just show up in cutscenes?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't care if she's playable or not, as long as she doesn't get kidnapped early on, and the game becomes about saving her... again.

Considering she would be a wielder, I'm all for her getting kidnapped or anything for that matter since she should be able to escape and that would be a nice story while you play through the game, seeing her fight her way out and giving her decent story time.

I keep on imagining Kairi to be a healer-type character. I wonder if they'd make something like that happen in KH3 Kairi having skills like Protectga, Shellga, etcga.

Just because one is a healer doesn't mean they have to be a defensive-based character. I think Kairi should be like Vanille in FFXIII, she wouldn't be a defense-monster, but rather like a Saboteur. She would be heavy with healing, but at the same time, she would have mostly area-effect spells like Stop, Confuse, Slow, etc. to best her opponent. I know it may not sound the most interesting, but I really cannot see Kairi being a heavy defense character, it just doesn't fit the picture to me. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Kairi is eventually given a game because of fanservice. I know a lot of people who want to play as her, and I wouldn't be shocked if it happens eventually. However, I don't think it'll happen soon, and if it does, it better not be an iOS game...

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I assume she'll be a lot like Aqua, but with focus on defensive spells. I think really her only offensive moves will be something with light magic and some Keyblade swinging.

Like, TAV balanced out each other with their styles. Riku is more fast and hits heavy, holding his Keyblade high; his stance is also really bad for defense, as his entire body is open to attack.

Sora is a little bit slower (with regular swings, not with superpowered light attacks or commands, I mean), and hits heavy, holding his Keyblade low; his stance is much better for defense compared to Riku's.

So I guess Kairi, to balance this all off, would probably be medium speed, Keyblade held more like Sora (at least in the picture above), and be a good balance of offense and defense with medium to low strength. Like I said before, she'll probably make up for any lack in strength with magical ability.

Anyways, I hope we play as her for just a little bit during KH3. Not too much, but not like three seconds (like Riku was in KH2).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
All this talk about what fighting style Kairi will have and what not reminds me another question. Can Kairi summon a Keyblade? That hasn't been made clear yet. She can obviously wield one but it was because Riku handed one to her but she hasn't been seen wielding it again since that one time and it's questionable if DE is even hers and if it is, why did Riku have it?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Considering that Yen Sid sent Riku to bring her to him in Another Guardian of Light, I think it's safe to say she can. Or will be able to; I mean, Lea was able to, and we've never even seen him with one until now. We've seen Kairi with hers, as you mentioned, so she'll be able to summon it. After a bit of training, at the very least.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
As the current KH lore stands, Kairi doesn't have her own keyblade and was merely wielding Riku's secondary one. She definitely has the potential to summon her own keyblade, since it was inadvertently passed down to her by Aqua. What will really be interesting to see will be if Nomura somewhat retcons the keyblade to give Kairi the Destiny's Embrace permanently, or if he designs her a new one.

LMNOP

I picture her being magic based, yeah.

I think she'll be the weakest physically, but right in the middle of the pack magically.

I really dont see how you could peg Kairi as an un-important character. She was a huge part of KH1 and she had a small but important role in KH2. Her past was somewhat explained threw BBS, itd have been useless for her to be in coded, 358/2 Days, and ReCOM, and you could possibly say she would have just been screen time in DDD.

Shes been there, they just dont use her in places she would not likely be.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think the prospect of Kairi being a wielder with out a Keyblade, or at least not get one for a really long time could be an interesting.

As for DE, it was never specified were it came from. The common theory is that Riku was duel wielding but where had he gotten the second Keyblade to duel wield with? I'll say, the thought that it was MX's Keyblade humors me.

The second most common theory I've encountered is that Aqua gave Riku that Keyblade when they met in the RoD though I'm less inclined to believe the latter.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the prospect of Kairi being a wielder with out a Keyblade, or at least not get one for a really long time could be an interesting.

As for DE, it was never specified were it came from. The common theory is that Riku was duel wielding but where had he gotten the second Keyblade to duel wield with? I'll say, the thought that it was MX's Keyblade humors me.

Hm...at that point Riku still had a piece of Ansem: Seeker of Darkness inside of him. It could be possible that the fragment of a heart in him allowed him to use that secondary keyblade. *has no clue*

curlychuck

I don't get all the criticism Kairi gets. It's not like she's gotten in the way during the series. It would be great to see one princess of light actually fight for herself, and since Disney wouldn't let any of their princesses fight, Kairi has to be the one. Honestly, I think it would be super cool to see the two sets of three friends fighting side by side in a final battle. And after seeing DDD's secret movie, it looks like that's going to happen.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
A big issue with her is that she's been more of a plot device than she has been a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back