• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youniquee

Awards
A big issue with her is that she's been more of a plot device than she has been a character.

Will she become more of a 'character' in KH3? Is there more to her than what meets the eye?
We just don't know.

But I really hope so though n_n

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Will she become more of a 'character' in KH3? Is there more to her than what meets the eye?
We just don't know.

But I really hope so though n_n

I do as well; I have found no merit in keeping her character on the sidelines, especially after KH2. It will be nice to see some possible character development for her that's on screen.

Unumus

Awards
I don't get all the criticism Kairi gets. It's not like she's gotten in the way during the series. It would be great to see one princess of light actually fight for herself, and since Disney wouldn't let any of their princesses fight, Kairi has to be the one. Honestly, I think it would be super cool to see the two sets of three friends fighting side by side in a final battle. And after seeing DDD's secret movie, it looks like that's going to happen.

I don't get it either. I don't really care for Kairi, but I think that she should get some more development in KH3, as Taochan said, she really has been more of a plot device than character.

Also, a note on the secret movie. The title for the secret movie is Another Guardian of Light. And it shows Kairi being summoned by Yen Sid.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't get it either. I don't really care for Kairi, but I think that she should get some more development in KH3, as Taochan said, she really has been more of a plot device than character.

Also, a note on the secret movie. The title for the secret movie is Another Guardian of Light. And it shows Kairi being summoned by Yen Sid.

For less shallow reasons, it's people interpreting her as a terrible person. Which I can honestly say I can see where people are coming from some times but I chalk it up to bad/neglectful writing because she has been nothing but a plot device at this point and not really a "character".

Yep, because sh'e going to start training as a Keyblade wielder.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, they made it extremely evident that Kairi is the seventh guardian of light.

Unumus

Awards
Ok, cause some people are saying that she isnt going to be one, but now that I saw that, I'm positive that she is a GoL.

Ruran

Awards
That's because any Keyblade wielder aligned with Light is a Guardian of light, the title is just saying she's officially being recognized as a wielder. Being a Guardian of Light and being one of the 7 Light of the X-blade are two different things. They intersect naturally because being a Light of The X-Blade means also being a Guardian of Light

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ok, cause some people are saying that she isnt going to be one, but now that I saw that, I'm positive that she is a GoL.
She definitely is. Yen Sid mentioned that they could avoid finding their seven lights for as long as possible, but then Xehanort would just use the PoH to get to KH. So he sent Riku to get the final light, which is Kairi. She already had the potential to summon her own keyblade and we've seen her wield one, so she's the only logical candidate left.

That's because any Keyblade wielder aligned with Light is a Guardian of light, the title is just saying she's officially being recognized as a wielder. Being a Guardian of Light and being one of the 7 Light of the X-blade are two different things. They intersect naturally because being a Light of The X-Blade means also being a Guardian of Light
It's not really all that different, considering Xehanort just needs seven guardians of light to help create the X-blade. Terra would have been one if he weren't one of the thirteen darkness seekers.

Unumus

Awards
So
1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Kairi
4. Mickey
5. Ven *when he wakes up*
6. Aqua *when she is out of the RoD*
7. Lea(?)
are the lights?

And I believe that most of the darknesses are unknown, right?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So
1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Kairi
4. Mickey
5. Ven *when he wakes up*
6. Aqua *when she is out of the RoD*
7. Lea(?)
are the lights?

And I believe that most of the darknesses are unknown, right?

Yep, those are our seven lights.

MX, Xemnas, Ansem SoD, YMX, Xigbar, and Saix are for sure six of the thirteen darknesses. Presumably Terra is as well, probably as Terranort. So that gives us about half of them.

Ruran

Awards
It's not really all that different, considering Xehanort just needs seven guardians of light to help create the X-blade. Terra would have been one if he weren't one of the thirteen darkness seekers.

Unless they're something I'm not understanding they seem to be quite a bit different. From what I understand any Keyblade Wielder aligned with Light can be considered a Guardian of Light but some are chosen by one of the seven Lights of the X-Blade that broke a longtime ago. And it's those carrying pieces of the X-Blade that will recreate it when they clash in battle.

That's how I understood it anyway. Perhaps Sephy will swing by this thread later and explain things better.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Unless they're something I'm not understanding they seem to be quite a bit different. From what I understand any Keyblade Wielder aligned with Light can be considered a Guardian of Light but some are chosen by one of the seven Lights of the X-Blade that broke a longtime ago. And it's those carrying pieces of the X-Blade that will recreate it when they clash in battle.

That's how I understood it anyway. Perhaps Sephy will swing by this thread later and explain things better.
If that were the case, Xehanort wouldn't have made that comment about having two of their lights (Sora and Terra).

I played the game too, lol.

Ruran

Awards
If that were the case, Xehanort wouldn't have made that comment about having two of their lights (Sora and Terra).

I played the game too, lol.

Terra is still considered one of the Lights even though he's with MX. But I'm iffy on the details.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Terra is still considered one of the Lights even though he's with MX. But I'm iffy on the details.

Terra is not considered one of the Lights. MX says:

Master Xehanort: Yes, little king. Perceptive.

But Sora and another on your list belong to me now. And that puts you three guardians short.

But worry not. All of the pieces are destined to appear. Your seven lights just like my thirteen darknesses, whose final clash will beget the prize I seek ─

"Another" being Terra. He is no longer a Light.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Terra would have been a light if he hadn't become a seeker of darkness. Sora almost became a seeker of darkness and thus wouldn't have been a light anymore. So clearly being a light isn't for a specific seven wielders and only for them, or else Terra and Sora wouldn't have been replaceable and Xehanort would never have taken them.

Ruran

Awards
Then what's this all about?

Q: Who are the seven protectors of light?
A: The current whereabouts of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, who are to become part of the seven protectors of light in opposition to the thirteen seekers of darkness (with the exception of their 13th member), are currently unknown. Can they return to Sora? Who is the last member?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Q: Who are the seven protectors of light?
A: The current whereabouts of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, who are to become part of the seven protectors of light in opposition to the thirteen seekers of darkness (with the exception of their 13th member), are currently unknown. Can they return to Sora? Who is the last member?

And still at the moment Terra is not a Light. If he were a Light he would not be considered part of MX's side right now.

Also Nomura is teasing there and being vague like he always is.

Ruran

Awards
And still at the moment Terra is not a Light. If he were a Light he would not be considered part of MX's side right now.

Also Nomura is teasing there and being vague like he always is.

*grinds face against floor*

Zul

Awards

1. Link the source, we need to see if that's a Nomura answer of one of those "plot mystery" entries, which actually can contain incorrect information. In the event that the information is correct, it still does not state that Terra is currently on the side of light.

2. Direct dialogue in the game states Terra is on the seekers of darkness.

3. It's possible that allegiances may shift during the events that follow KH3D depending on what happens. The seekers of darkness still need a 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back