• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Grandma's Story.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaston

If anyone remembers a specific flashback from KH, where Sora see's a much younger Kairi at Hollow Bastion speaking to her Grandma, you'll remember that Kairi's Grandma told a story to her.

Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived... in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps deep within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open. And the true light will return. So listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away.

It's the first part that's mainly important, how she talks about people fighting over the light, and now with the new details from the FM+ secret ending, I think that it could be related somewhat. Perhaps this is a reminiscent of the Keyblade War put into the form of a childrens fairytale, which would suggest that the movie took place very much in the past.

It would also suggest that everyone in the movie was fighting for the same thing, the light. Perhaps one faction to preserve it, the other to steal it, or perhaps it was exactly as the story said and they where just being selfish. It could have been they were even fighting for control of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts being the light and the warriors from each side wanted to keep it for themselves. It's actually pretty probable to say that there were many more sides of the war, not just A vs B. And that some of the factions only contained one person. I wouldn't say it was armies against armies, but small groups against small groups.

An interesting note in the movie that as they start to fight the world around them turns dark. It's probably not related, but cool to point out.

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Denmark(some people, coughEngulfedcough, think it'
Website
www.freewebs.com
I have always thought that the secret video and that story is very much related indeed. "Darkness was born in their hearts" That may be what's happening to the ES at the end. When I first saw the video, I didn't think much about it, but the more times I saw it, the more I remembered the story told to Kairi...:D...

Water Dancer

It goes together quite nicely. "But small fragments of light survived... in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. that could be the 3 soldiers". it makes sense cause U.E.M is an old fart vsing these 3 people that look bout 20 at the oldest

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Let me first say Good find Khaston! Now, regarding the story:
Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived... in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps deep within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open. And the true light will return. So listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away.
^^I agree that the knights and UEM could possibly be fighting for the light in the secret video and that's what she is referencing but another thing I want to point out is the 'in the hearts of children'. The small fragments could have been in Ven,Aqua and ES.I think they are young and possibly after the fight for the light(reason being why Sunset Horizon is so bare of anything but keyblades).So if we keep reading her story, 'children rebuilt the world' where the knights possibly rebuild the worlds but then they say 'true light sleeps within the darkness' making me think of Kingdom Hearts which could mean that when UEM possibly first makes Kingdom Hearts in the secret video she knew about it quite possibly putting her at the incident or just getting the story from her relatives. Another thing is she says 'that's why the worlds are scattered,divided from each other' could that mean that all the worlds were one before, thereby being Sunset Horizon?I mean if it were so,maybe all the keyblades being there represent all the worlds it split into or something? And lastly, Kairi's grandmother could be Ven(I know no resemblence) but maybe a relative thereby making Kairi a relative? I mean if one of the knights were her relative she wouldn't HAVE to look like one of them. Thoughts on what I posted?

knightofdarkness

also because kairi was a princess of heart (which most people seem to have forgotten) and perhaps Ven sealed kingdom hearts and kairi was a princess because she was pure of hearts because she was related to her (Ven closed kingdom hearts cus she was pure of heart?)

Master of Blades

Umm I may be mistaken but I do believe Ven is a guy... Aqua is the girl so therefore she would be the grandma

RvnKbldemstr

well, since the story seems to be very much integrated into the idea of the secret movies, it is very possible that one or two of the people in the game might be ancestors of Kairi and/or Sora, possibly Riku.

I know, it's far-fetched, but a good theory nonetheless. Besides, I like the possible darker feel of the new games.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
No, it has not been confirmed. It is absolutely unconfirmed speculation. Just because our Enigmatic Soldier friend syas "Aqua... Ven..." means nothing. For all we know it could be random gibberish from the ramblings of a very confused beserk knight.

As for the story, it seemed very much forgotten after Kingdom Hearts, and I beleive that the end of the series (if it ever comes) will be when the light returns and the worlds are one in harmony.

Maverickguz

No, it has not been confirmed. It is absolutely unconfirmed speculation. Just because our Enigmatic Soldier friend syas "Aqua... Ven..." means nothing. For all we know it could be random gibberish from the ramblings of a very confused beserk knight.

As for the story, it seemed very much forgotten after Kingdom Hearts, and I beleive that the end of the series (if it ever comes) will be when the light returns and the worlds are one in harmony.

Yes, totally unconfirmed. And yes, he could be shouting who knows what. It could be anything. But it's Acoms razor, the simplest explanation is generally the correct one. When you see teamates being beaten to death by giant swarms of keyblades, you naturally yell their names. Phychological reaction, you yell a name when someone you know is in pain or you think they might be.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
"When you see teamates being beaten to death by giant swarms of keyblades, you naturally yell their names."

That made me laugh. =P
And yes, it probably is their names or something significant.
But I'll just fefer to them as Female Knight and Blonde Knight until anything is confimed. =O

Maverickguz

"When you see teamates being beaten to death by giant swarms of keyblades, you naturally yell their names."

That made me laugh. =P
And yes, it probably is their names or something significant.
But I'll just fefer to them as Female Knight and Blonde Knight until anything is confimed. =O

A wise choice, Nomura is a crafty one.

Back to the Original subject, I believe Kairi's Grandmother's Story to be the key to quite a lot of stuff happening in Kingdom Hearts. I believe also that in the end of the series, the worlds will reconnect into one uber world and everything will be happy and joyful, and all that fun stuff. However, I don't think Darkness will be going anytime soon, Yensid himself told us about how "As Long as there is Darkness in People's hearts the Heartless will always be there" or something of that nature. And a Perfect world would be an impossibility, a fairy tale, something for children's stories. But what of a world where darkness and light were accepted equally? Such as in Riku? There, there could be happiness. But of a different sort.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Yes fairytales are sometimes real. It's kingdom hearts! For all we know, real stories can turn to myths, and myths turn into fairytales.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
Hmm... just a thought. The beach at the end of Kingdom Hearts II was the Realm of Darkness right?
That always confused me seeing as the realm of darkness looked different in Kingdom Hearts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back