• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kairi's keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnh71193

Awards
Could the keyblade Riku gave kairi be aqua's keyblade with her armor?

Awards
No, I doubt that.

Riku's Destiny Place is to Aqua's Destiny Place as Sora's Starseeker is to Mickey's Starseeker. They look the same because they're based on the memories connected to the same person (Kairi in the former case, Yensid in the latter), but they are actually separate keyblades.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm pretty sure that Riku was just Dual Wielding and he just loant her that Keyblade. Personally I think Aqua using Destiny Place was more of an easter egg but that's my opinion

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
No. In KH2FM you see that Aqua's keyblade is still with her armor.

I'm pretty sure that Riku was just Dual Wielding and he just loant her that Keyblade. Personally I think Aqua using Destiny Place was more of an easter egg but that's my opinion

I highly doubt Riku was dual weilding. I remember it was explained somewhere that the reason Roxas could dual weild was because he had both Ventus and Sora connected to him and with Sora, it was because he had both his heart and Ventus's heart. I think you need to have 2 hearts that can weild keyblades in order to dual weild.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I highly doubt Riku was dual weilding. I remember it was explained somewhere that the reason Roxas could dual weild was because he had both Ventus and Sora connected to him and with Sora, it was because he had both his heart and Ventus's heart. I think you need to have 2 hearts that can weild keyblades in order to dual weild.

Riku has Xehanort within him, and Xehanort was a Keyblade wielder (despite not showing signs of it as Xehanort, the two people that became him were both wielders, so he'd be one, too).
Regardless, I also doubt it was duel wielding. Wasn't it said somewhere that Riku felt Destiny Place belonged to Kairi, or he felt he should give it to her?

Ruran

Awards
@Skyfoxx
I was under the impression that Riku held XH up atleast untile the Ansem's machine bowed up.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
@Skyfoxx
I was under the impression that Riku held XH up atleast untile the Ansem's machine bowed up.

Yeah but I figured that since Xehanort's Heartless nor' Xemnas could use a keyblade it didn't necessairily count.
But I could be wrong... it's just that we never saw Riku dual weild before so it seems unlikely :/

Aquaman OS

He had Xehanort's heart in him. And that meant he had Xehanort's Keyblade. Therefore he could dual wield. It's unknown how he knew he could or if he knew why, but since it was hinted there's alot of stuff Riku went through in KH2 that we never saw, when he finally acquired WTTD being the most important then it's probably he found out then. As for why he didn't do it more often, he probably didn't need to, as his one weapon was good enough for the moment, and by the time they ran into an opponent that gave him trouble, he had already lost Xehanort's heart. It would also explain why Kairi never uses the DP after that scene. When Riku turned back to normal it went poof or rather, returned to Xehanort whereever he reformed.

I don't think DP would be Kairi's permanent Keyblade because it was just given to her, she wasn't chosen by one that was forged from her own power like how Mickey was given SS Yensid's keyblade, but was chosen by KKD, his own personal Keyblade. Since Kairi's an important character I doubt they'll have her be the only member of the two main trios that was just given a Keyblade rather than gaining her own.

Aquaman OS

You need to be an active Keyblade user, and also be carrying the heart of another active Keyblade user. Then you need a massive emotional surge like the death of a friend. That's how Sora and Roxas did it. It's the only guaranteed way.

It's possible you might just need more than one Keyblade and hearts don't matter, but the two characters we know have two Keyblades (Mickey and Aqua) never do so.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
It's not Aqua's...it's basically----

He had Xehanort's heart in him. And that meant he had Xehanort's Keyblade. Therefore he could dual wield. It's unknown how he knew he could or if he knew why, but since it was hinted there's alot of stuff Riku went through in KH2 that we never saw, when he finally acquired WTTD being the most important then it's probably he found out then. As for why he didn't do it more often, he probably didn't need to, as his one weapon was good enough for the moment, and by the time they ran into an opponent that gave him trouble, he had already lost Xehanort's heart. It would also explain why Kairi never uses the DP after that scene. When Riku turned back to normal it went poof or rather, returned to Xehanort whereever he reformed.

I don't think DP would be Kairi's permanent Keyblade because it was just given to her, she wasn't chosen by one that was forged from her own power like how Mickey was given SS Yensid's keyblade, but was chosen by KKD, his own personal Keyblade. Since Kairi's an important character I doubt they'll have her be the only member of the two main trios that was just given a Keyblade rather than gaining her own.

This^^^^

Caxm

ok what does doing this^^^^ mean I am getting weird mixed vibes here when I read "^^^^"<THIS. Personally I think that Kairi has a keyblade now because it either awakened when Riku gave her the keyblade with the memories of Destiny Island or She gets her own afterward for haveing a strong heart and not only touching Aqua's Keyblade, but also weilding one.

Edit: Plus for those of you who think Kairi won't receive a Keyblade. Read this.
Terra, Ventus, Aqua
Riku, Sora, Kairi

Terra did a ceramony on Riku. He got a Keyblade.
Ventus did a ceramony on Sora. He got a Keyblade
Aqua did a ceramony on Kairi. Wht do you think will happen.

Kairi ether has a Keyblade or is next in line. If you don't think so that is your problem

Last edited:

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
ok what does doing this^^^^ mean I am getting weird mixed vibes here when I read "^^^^"<THIS.

The ^^^^^s point to the post above, and saying "THIS" means that the post they're pointing to is one they agree with completely.

Personally I think that Kairi has a keyblade now because it either awakened when Riku gave her the keyblade with the memories of Destiny Island or She gets her own afterward for haveing a strong heart and not only touching Aqua's Keyblade, but also weilding one.

Edit: Plus for those of you who think Kairi won't receive a Keyblade. Read this.
Terra, Ventus, Aqua
Riku, Sora, Kairi

Terra did a ceramony on Riku. He got a Keyblade.
Ventus did a ceramony on Sora. He got a Keyblade
Aqua did a ceramony on Kairi. Wht do you think will happen.

Kairi ether has a Keyblade or is next in line. If you don't think so that is your problem

That's....not exactly what's being discussed. xD; We're trying to figure out of the Keyblade Riku had belongs to Kairi or not, and, on a side note, where that Keyblade came from.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
According to Days, you need a "female" clone of your Keyblade-wielding self to be your best friend and eventually die for you to awaken the ability.

....yeah, I've got no clue. xD;

That's not even what happened. Nomura confirmed in an interview saying that Roxas could dual weild because he had both the presence of Sora and the presence of Ventus, it had nothing to do with Xion.

Caxm

That's not even what happened. Nomura confirmed in an interview saying that Roxas could dual weild because he had both the presence of Sora and the presence of Ventus, it had nothing to do with Xion.

Yeah, Xion had the power of Sora's Key and Roxas was using Ven's heart

The ^^^^^s point to the post above, and saying "THIS" means that the post they're pointing to is one they agree with completely.

That's....not exactly what's being discussed. xD; We're trying to figure out of the Keyblade Riku had belongs to Kairi or not, and, on a side note, where that Keyblade came from.

Yeah but this threead is very close to that subject. Also that key is Destined for her some how. I mean really. If Riku could Duel weild why didn't he instead of getting his bum handed to him when fighting Roxas, then he gave himself to darkness. No offence but he couldn't have been able to duel weild then.

And if Destiny's Place can from Xehanorts heart why is it made with the pulpo keychain that Namine gave Riku. or was it RepiRiku that he got the pulpo keychain from?

Last edited:

Aquaman OS

Riku couldn't dual wield, against Roxas. Riku couldn't use any Keyblade against Roxas other than the one he stole from Roxas himself, because while he'd had the Keyblade wielding ability, he'd yet to have awakened his own Keyblade (he still had Soul Eater), or Xehanort's (since he wasn't using his power until after Roxas beat him) It wasn't until he'd awakened his own Keyblades that he could dual wield.

Ruran

Awards
Yeah, Xion had the power of Sora's Key and Roxas was using Ven's heart

Yeah but this threead is very close to that subject. Also that key is Destined for her some how. I mean really. If Riku could Duel weild why didn't he instead of getting his bum handed to him when fighting Roxas, then he gave himself to darkness. No offence but he couldn't have been able to duel weild then.

And if Destiny's Place can from Xehanorts heart why is it made with the pulpo keychain that Namine gave Riku. or was it RepiRiku that he got the pulpo keychain from?

Riku couldn't dual wield, against Roxas. Riku couldn't use any Keyblade against Roxas other than the one he stole from Roxas himself, because while he'd had the Keyblade wielding ability, he'd yet to have awakened his own Keyblade (he still had Soul Eater), or Xehanort's (since he wasn't using his power until after Roxas beat him) It wasn't until he'd awakened his own Keyblades that he could dual wield.

^This answers thw weilding aspect.
The reasone that the second Keyblade took the form of DP is because of it's Keychain. Keychains give the Keyblade its appearance and are made by strong memories. If I recall right Riku said he got DP after thinking of home.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Xion helped Roxas dual wield. According to the BBSU Roxas had the potential to dual wield all along (Sora and Ven's keyblades) but he couldn't awaken this power. Xion dying and Roxas' absorbing her awakened this power within Roxas and then he was able to dual wield. When Roxas went back into Sora in KH2 he regained the potential to dual wield but couldn't yet, the clothing that the fairies made for him did this for him, seeing how he can only dual wield when he accesses one of his forms and Roxas can without such clothes.

Riku couldn't dual wield and didn't even have a keyblade at the time he fought Roxas, since he was clearly using Roxas' Oblivion (hint: meaning if you are a potential wielder you can use other people's keyblade..) After Riku unleashed the sleeping power within his heart, Xehanort's Darkness and assumed his form, later on in the game Riku somehow obtains WtD his own keyblade. Now in the World that Never Was when Riku was with Kairi he pulled out another keyblade (in his Xehanort Form) and gave it to her to wield (remember Roxas giving Oblivion to Riku? Showing Kairi can wield a keyblade but is not a wielder of her own keyblade herself.) Riku gave this keyblade to her in his Xehanort form so it can be speculated that in this form Riku somehow accessed the keyblade entitled to Xehanort, how because of his "feelings of home" that was stated in a source somewhere, this was Riku's Xion and magical clothing. Don't mind this part too much: This can also explain why Nomura may have hinted to Xemans not being able to wield one, MAYBE, since Riku was wielding the one entitled to Xehanort, Xemans' original person, he couldn't wield it himself so he probably assumed he couldn't wield one or something, its a bit complicated that last part is sketchy. Riku reclaims his second keyblade from Kairi and they continue on through the castle, at this point Riku and Kairi are not in any major battles therefore don't need Riku's second keyblade. After Ansem's machine explodes, Xehanort and all of his influence is expelled, along with his keyblade which would be Riku's second keyblade, which in turn is Kairi's borrowed keyblade. After this Riku can't wield another keyblade explaining why he can't wield two when we use him and why Kairi became useless afterwards. That's how I think it went on. Oh and just because Xehanort didn't wield a keyblade when he was himself, doesn't mean it wasn't there to wield. Riku having a part of Xehanort could have been enough for Riku to tap into his hearts power examples? Guardian and this second Keyblade.

Caxm

Xion helped Roxas dual wield. According to the BBSU Roxas had the potential to dual wield all along (Sora and Ven's keyblades) but he couldn't awaken this power. Xion dying and Roxas' absorbing her awakened this power within Roxas and then he was able to dual wield. When Roxas went back into Sora in KH2 he regained the potential to dual wield but couldn't yet, the clothing that the fairies made for him did this for him, seeing how he can only dual wield when he accesses one of his forms and Roxas can without such clothes.

Riku couldn't dual wield and didn't even have a keyblade at the time he fought Roxas, since he was clearly using Roxas' Oblivion (hint: meaning if you are a potential wielder you can use other people's keyblade..) After Riku unleashed the sleeping power within his heart, Xehanort's Darkness and assumed his form, later on in the game Riku somehow obtains WtD his own keyblade. Now in the World that Never Was when Riku was with Kairi he pulled out another keyblade (in his Xehanort Form) and gave it to her to wield (remember Roxas giving Oblivion to Riku? Showing Kairi can wield a keyblade but is not a wielder of her own keyblade herself.) Riku gave this keyblade to her in his Xehanort form so it can be speculated that in this form Riku somehow accessed the keyblade entitled to Xehanort, how because of his "feelings of home" that was stated in a source somewhere, this was Riku's Xion and magical clothing. Don't mind this part too much: This can also explain why Nomura may have hinted to Xemans not being able to wield one, MAYBE, since Riku was wielding the one entitled to Xehanort, Xemans' original person, he couldn't wield it himself so he probably assumed he couldn't wield one or something, its a bit complicated that last part is sketchy. Riku reclaims his second keyblade from Kairi and they continue on through the castle, at this point Riku and Kairi are not in any major battles therefore don't need Riku's second keyblade. After Ansem's machine explodes, Xehanort and all of his influence is expelled, along with his keyblade which would be Riku's second keyblade, which in turn is Kairi's borrowed keyblade. After this Riku can't wield another keyblade explaining why he can't wield two when we use him and why Kairi became useless afterwards. That's how I think it went on. Oh and just because Xehanort didn't wield a keyblade when he was himself, doesn't mean it wasn't there to wield. Riku having a part of Xehanort could have been enough for Riku to tap into his hearts power examples? Guardian and this second Keyblade.

Ive never said this befor but....... ^^^^This makes scense. Now to move on, will kairi reseave a Keyblade. I think we know the answer

Edit: But when you say Xeharnort. You don't mean Terra's heart is giving him this power do you. It sounds like MX has had an influence in the game this whole time. MX could wield. His power could have been given to Riku through Aprentice Xehanorts Heart being given up to the darkness spliting up MX's and Terra's hearts inside him and creatind AnsemSoD and Xemnas, but whoms heartless is AnsemSoD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back