• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's style *spoiler*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

namine_ftw

This probably won't ever happen, but I think it would be super hilarious/cute if Kairi started off really clumsy (maybe even falling down periodically), and then getting agile as the game progresses. I dunno, it would kind of explain her lack of training.

I would love to see that! It would definitely make sense, given her lack of training.

ffdgh

yensid: connect your keyblade with your heart young kiari and it will guide you >_>
i will lol if this happens

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by Raz
This probably won't ever happen, but I think it would be super hilarious/cute if Kairi started off really clumsy (maybe even falling down periodically), and then getting agile as the game progresses. I dunno, it would kind of explain her lack of training.

It'd make sense seeing as how she was pretty much the only kid on the islands who didn't like to beat up the others for fun.

Maybe something like Xion way back during the first mission with her, when she did something every now and then and then just stood there for a while doing nothing. Though, I'm all for the being clumsy. That would be hilarious XD

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
yeah now that i think of it kairi never had any fighting spirit
its gonna be funn to see her struggle though

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
i can c her as slow and weak but rlly good with magic. then as she gets better her abilities will be like heca strong and stuff. and i want her to hav special modes lik soras drive forms

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Ummm, no. I want her to fight realistically. When Sora first fought it made sense he was so good because he had practice with Riku. Kairi hasn't, therefore she should fight how she truly would, and stumble, fall, etc. at first but as she gains experience and levels up, she becomes less clumsy and more balanced and better.

Sooo your saying that play fighting with you best friend somehow prepares you for taking on creatures of darkness? Yeah right. If Sora proved anything its that anyone that can swing a wooden sword can take down a heartless.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Sooo your saying that play fighting with you best friend somehow prepares you for taking on creatures of darkness? Yeah right.

When you've been play fighting for about ten years, yes, you probably can take on a creature of darkness, especially a measly Shadow.

If Sora proved anything its that anyone that can swing a wooden sword can take down a heartless.

Except the fact that, oh, he had experience for a long, long time. Sure, it may not have been real fighting, but he basically "trained" with Riku, and not too mention the fights he had with Tidus, Selphie and Wakka.

That's why when Kairi becomes playable she better not be at KH1 Sora level but just a bit under since she's only had one fighting experience. I'll still hold by my previous statement.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sooo your saying that play fighting with you best friend somehow prepares you for taking on creatures of darkness? Yeah right. If Sora proved anything its that anyone that can swing a wooden sword can take down a heartless.

No, he's saying that play fighting with your best friend can help you gain some skills that can help when fighting those creatures of darkness. Because he fought with Riku so many times he learnt how to dodge, block, not to fall over etc. whereas Kairi never did that so she is more likely to fall and be clumsy.

ETA: Damn, beaten to the punch :p

lycropath

Destiny Place belongs to Kairi doesn't it? Keyblades manifest themselves strangely (Transforming from sticks, wooden swords and Soul Eater ect...) so as a sudden gift from Riku it doesn't seem so far fetched. Its not as if Riku has a second keyblade he can just lend her (Only Sora has two courtesy of Ventus).

Hmmm... Let my opinions... It all depends on how she is used in a future game whether as a party member or a playable character because there are far different abilities between the two, if she's a party member I expect her to have very few offensive abilities only having defensive spells like Aero, Cure, Regen and maybe an attack spell in Holy.

If she's playable maybe she'll get a special sort of D-Link and channel the other powers of the princesses so she can use things like Cinderella's Dream Waltz and Snow White's Sweet Seven.

Interesting thing I noticed however, right before Kairi charges at the heartless after she gets her keyblade she is in Aqua's fighting stance.

loke13

When you've been play fighting for about ten years, yes, you probably can take on a creature of darkness, especially a measly Shadow.

Except the fact that, oh, he had experience for a long, long time. Sure, it may not have been real fighting, but he basically "trained" with Riku, and not too mention the fights he had with Tidus, Selphie and Wakka.

That's why when Kairi becomes playable she better not be at KH1 Sora level but just a bit under since she's only had one fighting experience. I'll still hold by my previous statement.

Do we know for certain Kairi never fought Sora or Riku? Or are we just assuming.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Do we know for certain Kairi never fought Sora or Riku? Or are we just assuming.

Judging from the way she fought the heartless in KH II and couldn't fight back against Axel, I say we can know for certain

Lonbilly

Awards
Destiny Place belongs to Kairi doesn't it?

Officially, no. It's been hinted so, but it's also been hinted it's not her's either. Personally I'd rather the Keychain be her's and not the actual blade she used, which was Rikunort's.

Keyblades manifest themselves strangely (Transforming from sticks, wooden swords and Soul Eater ect...) so as a sudden gift from Riku it doesn't seem so far fetched. Its not as if Riku has a second keyblade he can just lend her (Only Sora has two courtesy of Ventus).

Riku pulled the Keyblade out himself. And also Riku had his and Ansem SoD's heart in him, since Heartless are Hearts. So it's possible Rikunort could Dual Wield, which he did.

Hmmm... Let my opinions... It all depends on how she is used in a future game whether as a party member or a playable character because there are far different abilities between the two, if she's a party member I expect her to have very few offensive abilities only having defensive spells like Aero, Cure, Regen and maybe an attack spell in Holy.

That's how I would expect her too, but I think she should be able to learn all Magic personally, even spells Sora can't. She's basically the mage of the group being a PoH and light-influenced.

If she's playable maybe she'll get a special sort of D-Link and channel the other powers of the princesses so she can use things like Cinderella's Dream Waltz and Snow White's Sweet Seven.

I don't think D-Links will make a return, but I guess it would be nice.

Interesting thing I noticed however, right before Kairi charges at the heartless after she borrows Rikunort's keyblade she is in Aqua's fighting stance.

Fix'd, and that's a common battle stance. Look at all the other people in KH and FF that do that. Hell, Mickey and Ven even have the same summoning stance and battle stance. So it doesn't mean anything.

Assuming, but the fact that she's never shown to fight on the island when Sora & co. do hints at that. plus the fact she never fought on screen except when she borrowed Rikunort's Keyblade. Other than that she has no experience. It would be dumb if they suddenly added off-screen experience to her, to be honest.

I'd rather her be weak and agile.

loke13

Judging from the way she fought the heartless in KH II and couldn't fight back against Axel, I say we can know for certain

Ok look at what Sora was able to do in the beginning of KH1 he was able to attack, jump and I guess dodge three abilites that don't really require any form of extensive training. Its not hard to imagine that she would have the same skills as beginner Sora.

What do you mean in KH2? She took out 2 shadows that we saw. And when Axel kidnapped her she didn't have a weapon.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ok look at what Sora was able to do in the beginning of KH1 he was able to attack, jump and I guess dodge three abilites that don't really require any form of extensive training.

What do you mean in KH2? She took out 2 shadows that we saw. And when Axel kidnapped her she didn't have a weapon.

As far as we know, she had no training.
ETA: Also, if there was a Kairi scenario, she would be able to that since like Sora could when he started out, all we want is her to be a bit clumsy with her Keyblade and stuff and to get better as she goes along

She has fists. She has feet. He has balls(presumably). She could have kicked him there and ran away

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Awards
Ok look at what Sora was able to do in the beginning of KH1 he was able to attack, jump and I guess dodge three abilites that don't really require any form of extensive training. Its not hard to imagine that she would have the same skills as beginner Sora.

Except she'd probably be worse than Sora. Sora was constantly being active with Riku & co. which means he was fit, and able to jump sufficiently to actually dodge stuff. Then he was able to dodge fast enough without jumping because his senses got better honed as did his speed. And attacking is common, but he also had more experience than Kairi did.

Yes, Kairi could do all those, but she'd be slower, a weaker attacker, and not too high of a jumper either. So she would be worse. Plus she'd have no combo's or anything like that where she could strike three hits in like Sora could because she had a one time experience, so each hit would probably be slow and no combo.

What do you mean in KH2? She took out 2 shadows that we saw.

And that was her only fighting experience. Plus, she had a weapon handed to her and they didn't even try moving. Despite that it's not enough to justify she was at the level of KH1 Sora, who could easily take out more than two.

And when Axel kidnapped her she didn't have a weapon.

Because it's not like she's a PoH and could use the power of light.

Oh wait...

Even if she couldn't do it on command, I'm sure if she was pressured enough she could have tried. Hell, she could have also tried punching Axel or racking him. There was numerous things to do and she didn't do them even though she had the chance and what-not.

But I don't see why we're even talking about Axel though. No one mentioned it.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
Kairi should really show some balls because I'm not impressed at all her being a wielder so I don't care what she is.
As long as she won't fail, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back