• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Attacks.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Sorry too much of a noob to know exactly where this thread should go..

Okay so in KH, I've always wondered how the Keyblade actually damages people. Should I assume that it's a physical object and actually slices/smacks people when you strike them? Because boss fights with human characters have confused me. Not that they would show blood or anything, but the keyblade has been literally passing through the person to damage them.

So it's a little theory of mine, that when a keyblade attacks someone or something, it doesn't strike the person physically, but it strikes their soul. Nomura said that the soul was the life force of a being, so what do you guys think?

The theory wouldn't make sense in our world of physics, because if you could hold it physically, and if it could land on a floor physically, it should strike physically. But this is a fictional universe with Dark Corridors, Giant Keys, and where hearts are not the things pumping blood that we've come to know I will remind you.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, no. You see impact when a hit lands. It's censorship beyond it.
Usrula went down when you hit her with the Keyblade.
Maleficent went down when you hit her with the Keyblade.
Jafar went down when you hit him with the Keyblade.
And also when Donald and Goofy smacked them with their own weapons.

The Keyblade has a very physical aspect, depending on what you're hitting. If you're hitting Nobodies and Heartless though, that's where the special attributes come into play, but those two get actually hit.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
The point is, it actually cuts right through the enemy o_O

I would say that it's a weapon that's really not in the physical realm/spectrum, allowing the appearing/disappearing at will, so it does not follow the typical rules of other physical objects.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net

The Keyblade has a very physical aspect, depending on what you're hitting. If you're hitting Nobodies and Heartless though, that's where the special attributes come into play, but those two get actually hit.

I really don't know what to say. Thanks for clarifying that? lol.

I guess I just found it hard to believe that after hitting Ursula with a sharp object eighty six times, it would make sense to have her seem like she was. But I guess I'm expecting too much out of my favorite video game.

HungryHippo5

Personally, as a Games Programming student, I think you're thinking into this far too much. The chances are is it's just how the animation is done for your attacks and nothing more. I'm not saying that what you're saying is wrong, as everyone has their own opinion. I'm just saying that it's far more likely to just be based on how the game is coded and nothing more.

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
I dont really know what to say either, the keyblade does hit the enemies physically but since it wouldnt be fun or it would be too graphic if they went down in 2 peices after one hit.

jdeib963

I noticed it too, but if it were the same as real life one wack of it would render anybody unconscious or with serious head trauma or maybe death. Wouldnt be very disney would it. Nope :)

It does what you could call "regular" damage via hitting but also "other" damage which is why Roxas had to use it too kill the Nobodies in the simulation. Or so I think anyways...

KHLover916

Christ. It's a video game, the keyblade "passes through" enemies because that's just how the animations work. Sure it isn't "realistic" but who cares? You're definitely thinking way too much into it bro.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com

Exactly. The Keyblade hurts them physically.

NumberVIII

The part I think is odd/funny is that the keyblade is clearly not sharp/pointy (at least, the standard Kingdom Key). So it seems to me like Sora's just whacking people with a metal bar. xD

latchkeykid

The part I think is odd/funny is that the keyblade is clearly not sharp/pointy (at least, the standard Kingdom Key). So it seems to me like Sora's just whacking people with a metal bar. xD
those were my thoughts exactly.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net

Lawlz What if KH was just a big trip by Sora where in RL he kept watching Disney movies over and over again and kept attacking various animals with the Keyblade?

But yeah, this thread was really only necessary until Smiles pwned me right in the beginning, so I wouldn't mind if it was closed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back