• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be any thread about this.

So I personally don't fully understand this hole Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony, what happens after. The Inheritance part is the confusing part, seeing to inherit usually mean the item changes owner. But as we could see Riku's original keyblade was the Kingdom Key not Terra's Earth Shaker. Which leads me to believe it's more you give the ability to wield a keyblade or choose a candidate to become a keyblade wielder then an actual inheritance.

What do you think? Is it really an Inheritance or more a giving an ability? and why?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be any thread about this.

So I personally don't fully understand this hole Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony, what happens after. The Inheritance part is the confusing part, seeing to inherit usually mean the item changes owner. But as we could see Riku's original keyblade was the Kingdom Key not Terra's Earth Shaker. Which leads me to believe it's more you give the ability to wield a keyblade or choose a candidate to become a keyblade wielder then an actual inheritance.

What do you think? Is it really an Inheritance or more a giving an ability? and why?

It's really more of a Rite of Succession, according to the interview.

Edit: I don't remember them actually referring to it as the inheritance ceremony.

Last edited:

Aquaman OS

Basically they bestow the power to use Keyblades which in turn puts them on the radar to be chosen by a Keyblade of their own. That's the ceremony. They can then actually pass down their own Keyblade if they so choose (as Yensid gave his Keyblade Star Seeker to Mickey) if they don't want to wait for the person to be chosen.

In the case of Sora, he didn't get the power granted to him but instead had Ven's heart in him which gave him the power to wield and caused the KK to take notice of him.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Basically they bestow the power to use Keyblades which in turn puts them on the radar to be chosen by a Keyblade of their own. That's the ceremony. They can then actually pass down their own Keyblade if they so choose (as Yensid gave his Keyblade Star Seeker to Mickey) if they don't want to wait for the person to be chosen.

In the case of Sora, he didn't get the power granted to him but instead had Ven's heart in him which gave him the power to wield and caused the KK to take notice of him.

Was it ever clearly stated Yen Sid was a Keyblade Master? i thought that was just a fan guess. We haven't seen him use his as of now. But then again how else would Mickey get a Keyblade.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was it ever clearly stated Yen Sid was a Keyblade Master? i thought that was just a fan guess. We haven't seen him use his as of now. But then again how else would Mickey get a Keyblade.

I don't think it was clearly stated, but it's heavily implied.

Aquaman OS

Yes BBS outright states that Yensid was a Keyblade Master though he "retired" from his direct duties and simply began watching over the worlds and training Mickey and co to better protect their world.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yes BBS outright states that Yensid was a Keyblade Master though he "retired" from his direct duties and simply began watching over the worlds and training Mickey and co to better protect their world.
Oh must have missed that. That's cool.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
The Inheritance part is the confusing part, seeing to inherit usually mean the item changes owner. But as we could see Riku's original keyblade was the Kingdom Key not Terra's Earth Shaker.

This is where I believe clearer explanations are needed, but I doubt we'd get them. So, I guess we can make an assumption based around the facts.

The Earth Shaker is just a Keyblade, no different from the Kingdom Key in terms of functionality, like other realm of Light Keyblades. The only difference is the appearance (which is probably a reflection of the user's heart characteristics). Like Aquaman was saying, those chosen by a Master level wielder, simply are in line for awakening the Keyblade, which would probably take on the apprentices' characteristics (which would explain why the Keyblades look different).

But in case of Yensid, he passed down the whole thing I guess. Like he just gave Mickey the Star Seeker Keyblade.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
This is where I believe clearer explanations are needed, but I doubt we'd get them. So, I guess we can make an assumption based around the facts.

The Earth Shaker is just a Keyblade, no different from the Kingdom Key in terms of functionality, like other realm of Light Keyblades. The only difference is the appearance (which is probably a reflection of the user's heart characteristics). Like Aquaman was saying, those chosen by a Master level wielder, simply are in line for awakening the Keyblade, which would probably take on the apprentices' characteristics (which would explain why the Keyblades look different).

But in case of Yensid, he passed down the whole thing I guess. Like he just gave Mickey the Star Seeker Keyblade.

But now that Mickey has the IKK doesn't this mean the keyblade automatically goes back to Sora? Or is it still in Sora's possession?

Aquaman OS

Mickey still has the Star Seeker, as Coded shows. What Sora had in KH 2 was a keychain that gave the KK the form of Star Seeker, similar to how Aqua gets a keychain that gives her Keyblade the form of Destiny Place, the Keyblade Kairi has in KH 2. Coded hints that Mickey planed on giving Sora the actual Star Seeker but that didn't happen.

Meanwhile the Keyblade's default form for each person seems to stem from the users personality and their fighting style. Sora got the KK first (or it possibly was really his all along and Maleficent was lying) so it formed based on him and took the form of a simple 2handed weapon (because Sora is a pretty simple guy tastes wise and fights 2 handed. Ven's had an odd shape to fit his odd back handed fighting style. Riku's was similar to style to his Soul Eater etc.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Mickey still has the Star Seeker, as Coded shows. What Sora had in KH 2 was a keychain that gave the KK the form of Star Seeker, similar to how Aqua gets a keychain that gives her Keyblade the form of Destiny Place, the Keyblade Kairi has in KH 2. Coded hints that Mickey planed on giving Sora the actual Star Seeker but that didn't happen.

Meanwhile the Keyblade's default form for each person seems to stem from the users personality and their fighting style. Sora got the KK first (or it possibly was really his all along and Maleficent was lying) so it formed based on him and took the form of a simple 2handed weapon (because Sora is a pretty simple guy tastes wise and fights 2 handed. Ven's had an odd shape to fit his odd back handed fighting style. Riku's was similar to style to his Soul Eater etc.

so sora still has his red outfit just because he was shown with it in coded?

Aquaman OS

Well Mickey in the present time in Coded (not a flashback) had it. Therefore I'd say he still has it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Yes but only one of them was the actual Kingdom Key.
not really, though the kingdom key used by xon is fake, her death awakened another keyblade in the end.

that keyblade is real. and also both roxas and sora were wielding the same kingdom key during COM.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
i havent kept up with coded much. show me the scene. either way, we already seen two kingdom keys in kh days

coded2_2.jpg

This is the only picture i can find with Mickey in CODED holding the Star Seeker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back