• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Keyblade of Worlds' Hearts"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven Light

Sora's Keyblade is known as the "Keyblade of Worlds' Hearts", and nearly all of his Keychain tokens represent some important item from a world he has saved. Usually, Sora is not actually shown to be given the Keychain from one of his many friends, so it is possible that after saving a world, or completing a major step in that direction, the world itself rewards him with the ability to access its power in the form of a unique Keychain.
Keychains that Sora receives from his friends, or from defeating challengers in the Olympus Coliseum, always use a token that is somehow intimately symbolic of that person. While Sora's Keyblade is not specifically a Keyblade of human hearts, like the explicitly named Keyblade of People's Hearts, it is likely that the connections between his heart and those he meets allow him to sometimes access their power as well. Sora and Roxas's Oathkeeper and Oblivion are said to specifically embody Sora's memories of Kairi and Riku, and so it is extremely likely that for "people-Keyblades" like these, the Keychains act as a physical embodiment of the memories Sora has of those that are important to him.

I think the second part about his connections to people is true but I'm unsure about the first part. The bbs jump festa 2010 trailer implies Sora as the boy who can connect his heart to anyone so it could explain how he gets the different keyblades.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora's Keyblade is known as the "Keyblade of Worlds' Hearts", and nearly all of his Keychain tokens represent some important item from a world he has saved.

The Oblivion and Oathkeeper are enough to tear this down.
The things that were differentiated in such a manner are the Kingdom Hearts between games. In KH1 it was the KH of World's Hearts, while in KH2 it was the KH of the People's Hearts. You're confusing things here.

Usually, Sora is not actually shown to be given the Keychain from one of his many friends

Uh, you must've missed out on quite a few scenes then because he HAS been given the Keychains. Kairi and Tiffa are two prime examples to this (and even if you don't want to count Tiffa in, you're still left with Kairi and the Oathkeeper's charm).
Hell, he found Keychains in BOXES.

I've heard all I needed to hear.
You're basing this on the kh wiki.
That's why it was doomed to fail from the start :\ see above part of my post as to where your main mistake is (aside from basing anything on the kh wiki of course).

I think the second part about his connections to people is true but I'm unsure about the first part. The bbs jump festa 2010 trailer implies Sora as the boy who can connect his heart to anyone so it could explain how he gets the different keyblades.

Riku "connecting" to Kairi and giving birth to the flowery Keyblade he lets her use in KH2. It's not Sora-centric.
Also, the fact Mickey and Sora share the StarSeeker. It's hardly just for Sora.

Darkhelm96

Oblivion and oathkeeper are memories of roxas and xion and keychains are memorys so anything that has some special meaning can become a keychain like wtd is memories of riku being in the darkness

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
tarzan gave sora a keychain in the first game

Actually, the Jungle King was kind of a random event after you sealed the Keyhole. Tiffa on the other hand actually gave something to Sora which made him have the Fenrir, and Kairi gave him the sea-shell amulet.

Oblivion and oathkeeper are memories of roxas and xion

:\ the Oblivion is Memories of Riku, and Oathkeeper of Kairi and arguably Namine.
Notice how those two Keychains existed in KH1 much? It can't be about Roxas and Xion.

inverse K-blade7

in kh1, almost every keychain sora received was like "Here Sora, you can have this" the only exceptions were the few in chests. in kh2, though, i think it just said, "you got the ____ keychain!"

rajahgold

Sora's Keyblade is known as the "Keyblade of Worlds' Hearts", and nearly all of his Keychain tokens represent some important item from a world he has saved. Usually, Sora is not actually shown to be given the Keychain from one of his many friends, so it is possible that after saving a world, or completing a major step in that direction, the world itself rewards him with the ability to access its power in the form of a unique Keychain.
Keychains that Sora receives from his friends, or from defeating challengers in the Olympus Coliseum, always use a token that is somehow intimately symbolic of that person. While Sora's Keyblade is not specifically a Keyblade of human hearts, like the explicitly named Keyblade of People's Hearts, it is likely that the connections between his heart and those he meets allow him to sometimes access their power as well. Sora and Roxas's Oathkeeper and Oblivion are said to specifically embody Sora's memories of Kairi and Riku, and so it is extremely likely that for "people-Keyblades" like these, the Keychains act as a physical embodiment of the memories Sora has of those that are important to him.

i like it! i never really thought of what the different forms mean.
your idea does make sense tho.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Oblivion and oathkeeper are memories of roxas and xion and keychains are memorys so anything that has some special meaning can become a keychain like wtd is memories of riku being in the darkness

How could that be if Sora didn't know who either of them were in the first game, and in the second, he still lacked understanding of Roxas being a Nobody, his Nobody.

Like Smile said, pretty much. You got Oathkeeper after meeting up with Kairi, and Oblivion after your last fight with Riku ...so, impossible..

Still, I consider keychains representations of those words, something Sora took or received from that world, or someone else. A memento, or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back