• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblades and armor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
So i dont really have much of a basis for this idea other than the physical appearences of the keyblades and armor we see in the kh2fm+ ending worn by aqua terra and ven ..but basically - i noticed that the color of their armor shares not only the same type of general design/structure (ill explain this in a bit) ..but also - their color schemes are very similar to one another ..

it was very difficult for me to find pictures of them in their armor while weilding their keyblades (that is, pictures that clearly demonstrate what im saying and are of a good quality) and i couldnt even find one of ven ..but if you look below

Terra-Armor.jpg

not only does terras keylbade share the same physical structure/design (that being pretty bulky among other things) ..but the color of the blade is pretty similar to that of his armor (a kind of dark tan?) ..its VERY close ..

200px-Room_of_Sleep_Aqua%27s_Armour.jpg

forgive the quality of the image, and i know its small, but the same is clearly visible with aqua here as well.. her keyblade and armor share the same type of design and the silver and blue shades of color cover both of them ..

my point here though is that maybe their armor isnt something made by a blacksmith or something and is done so to mirror the shape/appearence of their keyblade? ..i think that their armor might somehow be an extension of the keyblade and their heart ..perhaps the keyblade itself creates the armor as a means to protect its weilder ..and through the heart ..it uses its power and manifests it in a physical form ..i think its possible that in much the same way as a weilder someones the blade ..they can summon the armor when they need it ..

now youre probly thinking how would that be possible? ..and why would the keyblade do it? ..and i think the answer lies in the fact their keyblades do not have any keychains for a few simple reasons ..
one ..the only weilders we've seen who have this armor (which is a reflection of their keyblade in my opinon) are a,t,v who we know do not have keychains on their blades ..and every other weilder we've seen has a keychain on theirs, yet no armor ..
two ..i think that the keychains tie into and are made possible through memories ..and since these memories come from the heart nd the keyblade is so heavily bonded with the heart ..i think it might be possible that these keychains provide a source of power to the weilder that would be otherwise unatainable if they didnt have a keychain ..the more power - the easier it is to protect oneself and thus, the less vulnerable you are ( to an extent) ..perhaps this armor compenastes for the lack of power or qualites that one would get through a keychain ..

now while theres really no proof - the resemblance is undeniable ..i think its very possible that the keyblde could manifest something like this and though it might be insignificant or unimportant ..im still curious as to why the armor and keyblades share such a resemblance ..i just dont think that the armor is something creates through conventional means that is simply and simply given to weildesr ..idk though ..tell me what you think

Abbot

Armour... manifested... from the keyblade... to protect the wielder...

That sounds pretty goddamn sweet. And possible. Considering, if I remember correctly, the keyblade chooses its wielder, I wouldn't doubt that the keyblade would do all in its power to protect its wielder.

For the KH2:FM+ secret ending, their keyblades probably sensed the danger, or VAT knew of the danger, and one of the two groups summoned the armour. (the groups being VAT or VAT's Keyblades).

It kind of makes sense. Nice, I like this theory. 'Specially since I like VAT armour. :p

Sora9890

This theory is interesting....i also agree with it but have no clues......i also find it interesting how their keyblades also match their outfits you see them wearing in pictures. For example, Terra's keyblade is a yellowish-brownish like Terra's baige(sorry if its spelled wrong my spelling sucks) pants, brown shirt,and for some reason his hair:confused:? Aqua's is blueish-blackish with a little white, like her whole attire(sorry again if its spelled wrong), and her hair(the hair again:confused:)??? But Ventus(Ven) is the odd one........somewhat. His blade looks like a bent kingdom key, with a silver(or gray) base andits yellow handle-thing. While his attire is black and white, and his hair is light brunette (maybe if you mix the colors of his shiirt-sweater-thing, or look at his lower undershirt:cool:).

Another thing is maybe their armor expands to cover their body(its probably unlikely but i mean like in those dumb tv shows :p), but that wouldn't explain Aqua. I mean if you look at a picture of Ven or Terra you'd see a piece of armor on their left arm( i have no idea if there's any signifigance). But Aqua does have three little slah things on both her arms( again i have no idea if there's any signifigance).

Last edited:

aweomeness96

Armour... manifested... from the keyblade... to protect the wielder...

That sounds pretty goddamn sweet. And possible. Considering, if I remember correctly, the keyblade chooses its wielder, I wouldn't doubt that the keyblade would do all in its power to protect its wielder.

For the KH2:FM+ secret ending, their keyblades probably sensed the danger, or VAT knew of the danger, and one of the two groups summoned the armour. (the groups being VAT or VAT's Keyblades).

It kind of makes sense. Nice, I like this theory. 'Specially since I like VAT armour. :p

Just like abbot said, it does make sense, so much to where it sounds like something nomura would think of. also like abbot said, they prob did sense danger, thus the armor was created! lol, but good though, really good

Izayoi

galactic cancer
When you phrase it in the aforementioned; "manifested to protect the wielder" kind of way, it makes sense. However, Atheydea must realize that, as seen in the recent scans, Terra and Aqua and I believe Ven do have Keychains, though I would imagine that in this theory that the Keychain not being there would make up for the armor, even though that really doesn't make any sense.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Another thing is maybe their armor expands to cover their body(its probably unlikely but i mean like in those dumb tv shows :p), but that wouldn't explain Aqua. I mean if you look at a picture of Ven or Terra you'd see a piece of armor on their left arm( i have no idea if there's any signifigance). But Aqua does have three little slah things on both her arms( again i have no idea if there's any signifigance).

i had taken it into consideration that this very well might be the case ..or at least possible..im ptrobly gonna add this to my original post too but looking closely ..the small peices they do wear when in normal close DOES resemble the color and appearance of their full armor when they fight MX ..put most importantly, their keyblades ..heres the proof

aqua
..NeoGAF - View Single Post - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Official Site Open.
if you look at both the peices she wears on either arm by the elbow (pretty much in the middle of her arm) as well as her shoes, you can clearly see the resemblance the color is similar to her keyblade as well as her full body armor ..

terra
same here - the peice on his entire left arm just looks like a more elaborate form of his full body armor ..again though, same color, ,same structure

ven
with him though ..its slightly different ..vens armor in that battle is very dark and even in these scans ..his keyblade looks almost dark brown? its odd to me that most patterns are broken when ven gets involved ..we see it a lot and though this isnt really excuse - it should be noted ..his armor in these pictures seem more to match his normal clothes than his battle armor though ..his keyblade doesnt look much like it either but i still think that the keyblade have something to do with their armor ..

When you phrase it in the aforementioned; "manifested to protect the wielder" kind of way, it makes sense. However, Atheydea must realize that, as seen in the recent scans, Terra and Aqua and I believe Ven do have Keychains, though I would imagine that in this theory that the Keychain not being there would make up for the armor, even though that really doesn't make any sense.

the fact of the matter is that they are present in some scans ..but not there in others ..so its a question of whether this is an error or whether theyre real and cannon ..but even if they were ..why wouldnt they be there all the time?? ..and more importantly ..why werent they there during the battle with MX? ..i doubt nomura wouldnt put them there and then decide they should be after causing such confusion over the fact that they werent there to begin with ..

it makes sense if the keychains are important ..if they they do in fact give the weilder or even the blade itself more power ..then that power must have been there the entire time, possibly in another form (the armor) ..or not expressed but laying dormant? ..the keyblades power, combined with the hearts powere would easily be capable of both manifesting the armor ..as well as the keychains ..i think its just expressed differently, but still meant to show the keyblades power ..as well as the power of the heart (an through the heart - memories)

Last edited:

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I like this idea, but it does seem a little far-fetched even if it does make sense. One issue I have is DS...his clothes may not really 'qualify' as armor, but they seemed to match his keyblade as well.

ventus12

this is a great idea at least i think so. its kinda of out there but makes sense since they dont have keychains and they keyblades acutally match the color of thier armor the only prob is that why do they have it wen they are in the secret ending and dont while you play the game?

codycameron09

Yeah, remember Riku??? Look at his keyblade, the Way to Dawn! It goes with his old "clothes" when he was controlled by Ansem.

(I'm not talking about the Soul Eater)

G3N3

DOOD. AWESOME. good idea. that sounds shweet. armor coming with the keyblade to not only have an offensive advantage but a defensive? ALMOST EPIC. haha

White Mushroom

So i dont really have much of a basis for this idea other than the physical appearences of the keyblades and armor we see in the kh2fm+ ending worn by aqua terra and ven ..but basically - i noticed that the color of their armor shares not only the same type of general design/structure (ill explain this in a bit) ..but also - their color schemes are very similar to one another ..

it was very difficult for me to find pictures of them in their armor while weilding their keyblades (that is, pictures that clearly demonstrate what im saying and are of a good quality) and i couldnt even find one of ven ..but if you look below

Terra-Armor.jpg

not only does terras keylbade share the same physical structure/design (that being pretty bulky among other things) ..but the color of the blade is pretty similar to that of his armor (a kind of dark tan?) ..its VERY close ..

200px-Room_of_Sleep_Aqua%27s_Armour.jpg

forgive the quality of the image, and i know its small, but the same is clearly visible with aqua here as well.. her keyblade and armor share the same type of design and the silver and blue shades of color cover both of them ..

my point here though is that maybe their armor isnt something made by a blacksmith or something and is done so to mirror the shape/appearence of their keyblade? ..i think that their armor might somehow be an extension of the keyblade and their heart ..perhaps the keyblade itself creates the armor as a means to protect its weilder ..and through the heart ..it uses its power and manifests it in a physical form ..i think its possible that in much the same way as a weilder someones the blade ..they can summon the armor when they need it ..

now youre probly thinking how would that be possible? ..and why would the keyblade do it? ..and i think the answer lies in the fact their keyblades do not have any keychains for a few simple reasons ..
one ..the only weilders we've seen who have this armor (which is a reflection of their keyblade in my opinon) are a,t,v who we know do not have keychains on their blades ..and every other weilder we've seen has a keychain on theirs, yet no armor ..
two ..i think that the keychains tie into and are made possible through memories ..and since these memories come from the heart nd the keyblade is so heavily bonded with the heart ..i think it might be possible that these keychains provide a source of power to the weilder that would be otherwise unatainable if they didnt have a keychain ..the more power - the easier it is to protect oneself and thus, the less vulnerable you are ( to an extent) ..perhaps this armor compenastes for the lack of power or qualites that one would get through a keychain ..

now while theres really no proof - the resemblance is undeniable ..i think its very possible that the keyblde could manifest something like this and though it might be insignificant or unimportant ..im still curious as to why the armor and keyblades share such a resemblance ..i just dont think that the armor is something creates through conventional means that is simply and simply given to weildesr ..idk though ..tell me what you think
That would be pretty darn awesome. You have to admit!

Zennyker

THIS IS AWESOME!

It would be a cool thing to have, both in a gameplay (even if not used the entire time) but as an idea too!
It would be awesome, and kind that makes sense. The only alternative possibility that I can see is if these armors are made to a Keyblade Wielder matching its Keyblade when it sucessfully complete it's training.

But... Yours is more awesome. =D

Athaydea

Bronze Member
I like this idea, but it does seem a little far-fetched even if it does make sense. One issue I have is DS...his clothes may not really 'qualify' as armor, but they seemed to match his keyblade as well.

i didnt include the DS in this because we know absolutely nothing about him ..both his keyblade and his armor appear to be manifestations of darkness, in much the same way as riku ..plus, given what i said - the DS's keyblade has a keychain on it ..TAV's dont ..which would make the use of the keyblade providing him with armor pointless if the keychains do in fact give the blade and weilder a different form of power ..

the bottom line though is that the DS and who he is, or what he is - is unclear ..he may not even be real - perhaps an unversed or a manefestation of memories? ..so until we know more - i would say its safe to assume that the DS shouldnt be included in an instance such as this ..

THIS IS AWESOME!

It would be a cool thing to have, both in a gameplay (even if not used the entire time) but as an idea too!
It would be awesome, and kind that makes sense. The only alternative possibility that I can see is if these armors are made to a Keyblade Wielder matching its Keyblade when it sucessfully complete it's training.

But... Yours is more awesome. =D

i dont think they would have such elaborate matching armor made for them which covers litteraly every part of them ..besides ..why would terra aqua and ven be given them when theyre not even masters? ..i think thats definitely the keyblade

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
i dont agree armor being in BBs as important as people make it. if they hjappen to get armor on them, oh well, not going t o like it as much but it's kh so i might let it go. but if they start adding plotting to the armor then....yeah...disney has lost it

brodyblackout

does it really have to be that complicated? obviously you put alot of thot into this but i mean when they were designing the characters it seem like they just wanted them to match. it just looks good together. lol very elaborate tho

Athaydea

Bronze Member
i dont agree armor being in BBs as important as people make it. if they hjappen to get armor on them, oh well, not going t o like it as much but it's kh so i might let it go. but if they start adding plotting to the armor then....yeah...disney has lost it

does it really have to be that complicated? obviously you put alot of thot into this but i mean when they were designing the characters it seem like they just wanted them to match. it just looks good together. lol very elaborate tho

lol dont get me wrong ..i most definitely see where youre coming from in regards to it not being important or me just putting a lot of thought into something that isnt so complicated ..but the way i see it the story of KH has eveolved into something much deeper, complex, and more confusing than the simple one were introduced to in KH1 ..

the basis of ALLL of the stories lies in the fact that a person is chosen by an ancient, powerful, and extremely mysterious wepon ..the story were playing thruogh are the journies and experiences of people both chosen by, and connected to ..the keyblade ..

and my point is that the truth behind its power and capabilities remains very skethy and unclear ..i dont think im making this all too complex or turning something as simple as battle armor into a big deal ..merely suggesting that this very powerful weapon which is SO careful in its selection of a weilder would probly do whatever it took to ensure that weilders safety ..i dont think its a stretch to think that between the power of the persons heart ..and the keyblade itself ..that armor can be manifested by both? ..

whether the armor has any importance or not isnt even the point ..the point lies in the power of the keyblade and the bond with its weilder ..which is the foundation upoin which all of KH's story lies ..i doubt that it would have impact on the story ..rather - just demonstrate and expand upon the mysterious and power of the keyblade ..even its origin ..and BBS is supposed to shed light on this ..i just dont find it too big a stretch of the imagination for this to be possible?

Allister Rose

French Lover
nope...I believe the small pieces of armor is made up of light, just like Riku and possibly DS have suits manifested by darkness....but keyblades and the strength of heart is something else

Athaydea

Bronze Member
nope...I believe the small pieces of armor is made up of light, just like Riku and possibly DS have suits manifested by darkness....but keyblades and the strength of heart is something else

im not talking about manifestations brought about from light and darkness ..im talking about the keyblade and the heart of its weilder ..and YES - while the power of of light in darkness may be a contributing factor in regards to the manifestation of this armor ..i dont think that just using light or darkness is all you need ..riku's suit was only even worn by him once xehanorts heart lied within him and he in fact weilded that heart unlocker - which is a KEYBLADE ..riku hadnt been chosen by one at that point ..he was merely worthy ..it wasnt until both the memories of the keyblade residing in xehanort and the sheer strenghth of his heart were inside riku that he was able to attain the dark suit and keyblade ..

it all ties in to the keyblade though ...thats my whole point ...light and darkness would obviously be involved ..but i dont think they would do much else other than affect the appeance of the suits or keyblades ..i dont think they were manifested by darkness itself or light itself ..merely ..the extension of the heart and the power brought to it by either of the two ..and most importantly ..the keyblade

Allister Rose

French Lover
im not talking about manifestations brought about from light and darkness ..im talking about the keyblade and the heart of its weilder ..and YES - while the power of of light in darkness may be a contributing factor in regards to the manifestation of this armor ..i dont think that just using light or darkness is all you need ..riku's suit was only even worn by him once xehanorts heart lied within him and he in fact weilded that heart unlocker - which is a KEYBLADE ..riku hadnt been chosen by one at that point ..he was merely worthy ..it wasnt until both the memories of the keyblade residing in xehanort and the sheer strenghth of his heart were inside riku that he was able to attain the dark suit and keyblade ..

it all ties in to the keyblade though ...thats my whole point ...light and darkness would obviously be involved ..but i dont think they would do much else other than affect the appeance of the suits or keyblades ..i dont think they were manifested by darkness itself or light itself ..merely ..the extension of the heart and the power brought to it by either of the two ..and most importantly ..the keyblade

the heartunlocker keyblade was not finished so it probably wasnt possible for the keyblade to choose anyone. We dont even know if all keyblades have to chose someone all the time, we seen kh2 final mix that terra had the ability to chose someone to be keyblade wielder, so it's possible that previous masters were able to choose alongside with the ekyblade. ANd since heart unlocker had no previous master (since it was created right there) how could the keyblade deny XH to be his master if there is no one else to chose along side it?

it is said that the Suit riku was wearing was a suit manifested in darkness. So i'm going by that. the weapon soul eater was darknes that came from riku's heart that allowed to gain physical form by the help of melificent. So darkness from ones heart +magic= WEapon made of darkness and that weapon turned into a keyblade in COM. I dont tihnk the suit was made with the darkness from ones heart + magic

you see, you had clear points up until the point where you try to link it with the keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back