• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH 1.5 ReMIX Trailer Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertJ

Awards
Re: KH 1.5 ReMix Trailer Released!

I really like what they have done with the action menu. I first thought that they added reaction commands which got me kind of worried. But it looks like they just moved the bottom option to be triangle for Ars Arcanum, Ragnarok, etc whenever you are able to activate it. And I assume that will also be how you open chests and examine things.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

I can't see ANY DLC being added in this HD collection (your daily updates maybe). Without asking for too much, what can they add that wasn't in Final Mix?

It would be nice to see them add Disney Castle back in, crumbling island, and Bahamut

Decrith

Well as far as I know, I think that KH is not a game for DLC at all. I mean look at KH:3D its been over a month, but not a single DLC has been announced. At least not that I've heard of.

Phantom Knight

If they're really going to make more scenes from 358/2 Days in 3D, I don't see why they don't just remake the whole game.

Otherwise, this is looking good, aside from the one instant of fish face I noticed. I like that they're using reaction commands, which will hopefully make the gameplay of 1 more like 2's.

sdr08

wonder if you can map cure to the triangle button? (reaction commands), that would be easier than scrolling down, when you are in a jam

Last edited:

LordPhantomhive

Awards

OMG that was beautiful.:biggrin: I like how the trailer started as a small screen and then it went apart of a much better and bigger screen lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

OMG that was beautiful.:biggrin: I like how the trailer started as a small screen and then it went apart of a much better and bigger screen lol.
It was a nice metaphor on how this game will be "bigger and better" than the other games, and how it will be seen on a much grander scale, and not as a tiny screen.

I hope they keep it that way. I can't stand those boxes.

Decrith

Can someone show me some pictures comparing the hd scenes to the old ones? The quality looks exactly the same to me/

Check the previous pages, it was posted a while ago. (Lol I asked the same thing earlier)

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Can someone show me some pictures comparing the hd scenes to the old ones? The quality looks exactly the same to me/

Something people seem to not realize is that this is remaster.

HD collection (or ReMix in this case) is just a way of saying it will have at least be upscaled to 720p with some anti-aliasing maybe making it look gorgeous on an HDTV and the addition of trophies.

KH1 and Re:CoM are bound to look kind of the same they did on SD with the exception of Days because that was a DS game.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Something people seem to not realize is that this is remaster.

HD collection (or ReMix in this case) is just a way of saying it will have at least be upscaled to 720p with some anti-aliasing maybe making it look gorgeous on an HDTV and the addition of trophies.

KH1 and Re:CoM are bound to look kind of the same they did on SD with the exception of Days because that was a DS game.

Why not 1080p like OKami HD?

Awards

Wow you would have figured they'd have updated the texture on Sora's glove, it's really noticeable when it zooms in on SDG's hands.
Other than that, looking good, this art style works well in HD.

Also, in addition to the reaction commands and green text as other people have pointed out, I also noticed that the camera is zoomed out a bit in battle scenes compared to KH1. My guess is that we are actually getting an analog-controlled camera, then.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

The only characters I want to be redubbed, if they ever do that, are Ansem SOD, Sephiroth, Xemnas (his battle grunts would be awesome during the secret boss fight) aaaaaaand that's about it.

One thing.. well no, two things I don't want to be changed are: Mickey's voice and Sora's voice.

Wayne Allwine's work shouldn't be touched. Never. Ever. AT ALL. And Sora's young voice, idk, it's part of the KH 1 nostalgia. Shouldn't be touched either imo.

EDIT: Oh snap, almost forgot to state my thoughts on the trailer. It looks awesome!

I like how they updated KH 1's gameplay to make it play smoother (the abilities being used by pressing triangle and I think the camera is being pushed back a little as well to make it fit with the other games).

I really hope they edit the camera control as well. If they do that, I'll be a happy man! Also, the Days cutscene makes me want to see all the other remastered (I should even say remade) cutscenes. It looks awesome!

Last edited:
Awards

I guess more money to burn... The graphics are really awesome though. Will it come to US as well?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Wow you would have figured they'd have updated the texture on Sora's glove, it's really noticeable when it zooms in on SDG's hands.
Other than that, looking good, this art style works well in HD.

Also, in addition to the reaction commands and green text as other people have pointed out, I also noticed that the camera is zoomed out a bit in battle scenes compared to KH1. My guess is that we are actually getting an analog-controlled camera, then.

Maybe Hi-res textures come last? The game isn't complete yet. Usually they focus on the non eye candy stuff first. They probably just rendered the game in 2k and went from there for the TGS trailer.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Why not 1080p like OKami HD?

I said at least because 720p is the minimum that's considered to be HD. To what they'll upscale it to, I don't know. If it does end up being 720p and not 1080p, I won't know their reasons.

axel95

Awards

This looks awesome! The scenes from Days are going to kill me now that they are in HD.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Case if point of Silent Hill HD collection, it redubbed 2 and 3 (although SH2 had the original cast as a option), so they MIGHT redub with current/new faces. So sorry if this ruins the 'KH1 nostalgia'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back