• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer Confirms Worldwide December 2016 Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally-boiii

Awards
Re: Aqua Reveals Her Face In New Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Trailer, Coming December

It was Ava. The Vulpes Foreteller.
And no, I don't think so. We would've known if they could, we are the player after all. (if ya get what i'm saying)

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

0fktTET.jpg

Yeah, it seems little linear, but there still it looks very promising to me. Most of the levels in KHII felt and looked very flat, and that was one of my biggest problems with that game. There were no high differences, no platforming etc... Now in 0.2 you have depth and it is much more interesting to descend into a village and then climb back up towards a castle. It reminds me of Hollow Bastion again as you see the castle it self looming in the distance and start climbing towards it.

I wonder if we get to explore the woods near castle, and the castle itself. The staircase scene with Terra probably means that we will get inside the castle. I wonder how huge it will be this time around.

Hngg, I want to play this so bad.

Also talking about the combat, the spell that appears and uses triangle, was it discussed that is it a tundaga spell, or something connected to the lambs surrounding Aqua? Like it`s an element from DDD`s flowmotion attacks where you could use the lamp posts and etc... to launch a more powerful attack.

Also, gotta say that the lamps giving little light in the night really set the mood of the level. I really like that.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Linear isn't exactly a bad thing in a story-driven RPG.

I think I got things mixed. D8 I was just afraid that the worlds would be flat again, but 0.2 seems to be the opposite of that and I am very pleased by it. I guess that is not the same as the worlds being linear and more about interesting level designs?

brains refuse to work today

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think I got things mixed. D8 I was just afraid that the worlds would be flat again, but 0.2 seems to be the opposite of that and I am very pleased by it. I guess that is not the same as the worlds being linear and more about interesting level designs?

brains refuse to work today

I got you now. I was confused because your post was about how you were happy but then hoping it was't linear xD

Awards

I'm loving the look of the RoD version of Castle of Dreams. It looks like a crazy painting brought to life at the start and an elegant yet dark fantasy town in the town portion.......I wanna be there.

Hirokey123

Awards

DDD's worlds were incredibly linear but they made up for it by each area being huge with lots to platform and explore. I think as of DDD they've figured out how to make a good balance in their world design and more or less perfected the mix of KH2's A to B (which I will argue was more convenient gameplay wise than KH1's maze-like design) and KH1's depth/actual world-yness.

All they really need to work on now is having doors we can enter to small rooms, and NPCS oh for the love of god they need to work on the NPCs. They could get away with it in DDD because hey "dream world it's empty and lonely" and they can even get away with it here in RoD because "realm of darkness it's empty and lonely" but no way can they ever get away with it in KH3. You can't have San Fran tokyo be a ghost town for example.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Oh they'll find a way to have san fransokyo empty along with any other potential towns.

Awards

Oh! I hope someone manages to take a pic of 0.2's pause menu...if it has one.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Oh! I hope someone manages to take a pic of 0.2's pause menu...if it has one.
I guess there won't be one. Was there one for the 2.5 Demo on E3? Can't remember...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The only time it wasn't locked was when Cecily and I found a 1.5 station at Sony's booth and it was essentially the full retail game. We were able to pull the trophy data, watch a lot of Days HD Theater, and it was awesome.

After that they've only ever brought demos to E3 8D

Awards

The only time it wasn't locked was when Cecily and I found a 1.5 station at Sony's booth and it was essentially the full retail game. We were able to pull the trophy data, watch a lot of Days HD Theater, and it was awesome.

After that they've only ever brought demos to E3 8D
Oh. That makes sense. I still wanna see the title screen, though.

mathk

Awards

I still think that they're only showing us the entrance of the castle (and the Terra part) to show the early part of the game. I know Nomura said that the game will have one world length, but he doesn't say wich world. Could be the length of Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden on KH2 and it has huge. I still thinks that this is just the beginning of the level.
I mean, Aqua is at the end of the brigde, close to the castle and still has possession of one of those gears.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I'm loving the look of the RoD version of Castle of Dreams. It looks like a crazy painting brought to life at the start and an elegant yet dark fantasy town in the town portion.......I wanna be there.

I have a gut feeling that it isn't just going to be The Castle of Dreams present in The Realm of Darkness. 0.2 may have Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Dominion culminated too. It'd be a humble nod to Walt Disney's Princess of Hearts locations (plus, we may see a Ven flashback/mirage in the hypothetical Enchanted Dominion).

[video=youtube;VMV6lS3V_7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMV6lS3V_7s[/video]

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards

^ I agree with you 100% Baymax.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I'm secretly hoping for that, Vexen after all, said that Maleficent was in the realm of Darkness during CoM so around that time if she really was she could have bumped into Aqua. BOSSFIGHT. She's experiencing delusions anyway tho so

Awards

I hope you get to explore the inside of the castle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back