• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer Confirms Worldwide December 2016 Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Aqua Reveals Her Face In New Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Trailer Coming December

So much for NDA's when he's liking my tweets and retweeting others
He's probably so excited and can't help himself.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

we could get a lauch event for 2.8 like for past laucnh events of 1.5 and 2.5

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

guys i literally am black coat

i don't care about the endtimes as long as i got sweet ass keyblades and magic to whoop nerds with

Muke

whatever
Awards

Oh, hey Darknado. Why the sudden name change lol

Also, I am happy that the forum didn't crash today! ;)

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

I wonder if with the reveal of Back Cover, we can see that Back Cover is not within the same dimension we are playing in Unchained X. What if Back Cover is what ACTUALLY happened in the past, and the Unchained X we are playing is actually just a replay with the book. This is just speculation though. I can't explain Chirithy with Vulpeus, unless you want to say that that is the original Chirithy in Back Cover (because we only saw one).

Awards

Okay, so both 1.5 and 2.5 had credits that teased the next collection. If 2.8 has those types of credits, what will they show?

LightAndOblivion

-Models look pretty cringy
-Gameplay looks like a pretty nice mesh of BBS and KHIII. The sliding seemed kinda like Flowmotion to me.
-ROD scenery looks pretty or maybe it's just the Cinderella vibe
-Don't care for the Foretellers' schoolyard drama
-Only really interested on finding out the identity of the black coat individual(s?) One seems obvious, the other isn't.

2016 looking pretty good for worldwide release. Can't wait for more stuff on KHIII. The idea of more recycled scenes, Rage's Awakened theme, and more chess playing with maybe a new scene of Xehanort getting up to use the bathroom really excites me.

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website

I don't think there'll be any levelling in 0.2. It's supposed to be a one world thing, so we'll probably be at max level already. Also, any thoughts on my previous post?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

The theme was definitely focused around time. I think it'll be a theme through the rest of the saga, which is really quite fitting.

Yeah, fighting against a future that seems to be "written" already/some sort determinism seems to be the theme.

The bridge collapses after the clock moves forward after midnight, right? In Cinderella was it that the spell will be broken around midnight, maybe they are playing with that theme sort of and that is why the bridge collapses.

Sitting back in a lawn chair with some popcorn and tunes while everything burns.

tumblr_inline_nsyestiIEN1ru1qub_500.gif

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website

Also, I'm just wondering why they released this before E3. Isn't E3 June 14th-16th? Hopefully this wasn't what they were going to release. Also, KH3 is no longer "Now In Development" I wonder if it really will be released next Winter (of 2017)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Also, I'm just wondering why they released this before E3. Isn't E3 June 14th-16th? Hopefully this wasn't what they were going to release. Also, KH3 is no longer "Now In Development" I wonder if it really will be released next Winter (of 2017)

The "Now in Development" line missing is one of the reasons I guess we'll get something rather big in Winter. Hopefully.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

well they didnt want runi ffxv fun in portoing that game and this game eant a big deal for to porote at the e3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Also, I'm just wondering why they released this before E3. Isn't E3 June 14th-16th?
Every day this week Square Enix has released info on the games they're bringing to E3. Final Fantasy XII HD, World of Final Fantasy.

And they're not the only ones. Horizon Zero Dawn got a trailer and release date, Watch Dogs 2 got it's premiere today, the new game from Volition was announced.

It's very common for companies to release information before E3.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website

Oh, I haven't really been paying attention to anything else (except Final Fantasy World, that was an acid trip)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Just got up and watched the trailer, and everything is absolutely fantastic!

I don't really care about the Dream Drop Distance sections--or Dream Drop Distance itself anymore (so I won't waste time talking about it here)--but 0.2 and Back Cover have me so psyched!

Everything looks absolutely gorgeous. And the combat looks like a lot of fun and even a challenge. I'm very curious what's going on in the Realm of Darkness. And was that Traverse Town we saw after Castle of Dreams?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, 0.2 is already making me feel more sorry for Aqua than I ever did before, so kudos to them for that. I just felt like if BbS had done things like Everglow did in this video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRr_porQN_g)--where memories of Terra and Ven start playing in Aqua's head after their falling out, but in a sad tone and almost as something she's fighting against--I would've appreciated her struggles more.

But this really seems to be capturing her feelings marvelously! I wonder if Terra really is there somehow (a manifestation of him, perhaps), or if it's just her memories of him. Probably the latter, but even that could be exciting!

This is the Realm of Darkness and not the Sleeping Realm, so perhaps her recollection of him can be twisted into a false representation of what happened that hurts her. Something along the lines of, "Despite you saying you had the same dream here, you rubbed it in my face that you'd accomplished yours later! You created the wedge between us, so everything that happened to us is your fault!"

Also, Willa Holland's Aqua has improved so much. So much.

Back Cover. Oh my gosh, Back Cover!

So first off, Unicornius is seeming a lot more important now. He also seems a lot older than he appeared to me in Chi/Unchained Key, but I guess that's to be expected.

But there are some very interesting things happening here! Kind of wish they hadn't spoiled the dandelion plan of Ava's, but SE always spoil their games in trailers, so...

But this whole thing just made me so happy! Ephemera, look at your beautiful face! Look at all of your beautiful faces (mostly behind your masks. Haha).

I'm really loving the voices of some of these people, and am really curious about who some of these actors are (and the fact that they're different from our main cast, does that mean the Rebirth theory isn't true, then?).

Totally shipping Ava and Ephemera even more now, by that one scene between them;)

And by the guy in the Organization cloak's mannerisms and voice, I feel like he's the sixth apprentice and Sora! Or, Sora's opposite I should say, as I think that's where Chi is going at this point.

And it's interesting that Ursus is the one saying that they need to stop listening to what the Master said, because I'd think that would be Leopardus--who thinks the darkness needs to be protected--as Urus cares more about power than anything else.

Actually, come to think of it, that scene in the trailer almost makes me think of something that could've happened between Terra and Aqua in BbS if things had escalated.

And can I get an amen for the NPCs that Ava was talking to at the ending there, for how great they all looked. I know that scene happened in Chi, but this movie seemed to be working even harder with it and I'm impressed by what I'm seeing there:)

I'm so ecstatic. So very ecstatic. Back Cover is shaping up to be a great movie, and I can't wait to see the whole thing unfold!

And here's hoping this trailer has FINALLY convinced a lot of people--even some KH diehards!--that KH Chi IS SO VERY IMPORTANT and that they need to give it a chance in some way.

What a wonderful thing to wake up to. What a wonderful thing this was!

Edit: Forget my stupid question about Traverse Town. After rewatching the trailer, I realized that, of course, isn't the case. Haha.

Also, the shadow of that one person on Ava's dress at the end! So much beautiful detail is being created with the Unreal 4 engine in these sections. So much detail!

Last edited:

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Okay, so both 1.5 and 2.5 had credits that teased the next collection. If 2.8 has those types of credits, what will they show?
2.9, duh? Jokes aside, I assume they will show some light KH III teaser stuff or stuff from all the games combined or new stuff similar to the Reconnect trailers or the first BBS V.2 Trailer and ReCoded which showed events from different characters angles (like Pluto lol).

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They created the crowd for the Dandelion scene. Come on Square, let this mean you're putting NPC's into the worlds!

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Wow, sucks that I didn't check this morning lol.

When the trailer went through DDD I only thought I was excited at that point. Then BAM!! 0.2 graphics were just amazing! The gameplay was awesome and it really has me psyched since it's just a taste of what we can do in KH3. Finally the Ux Back Cover took me by surprise the most. I don't know, I just didn't expect that the full length movie would be in the upgraded graphics. I thought it was going to be similar to Days and Re:Coded. And actual fight scenes!?!? Finally they're making it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back