• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH:3D discontinued?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I recently got a 2DS and was excited about getting KH3D. However, I've found that literally no store has it. It isn't at Target, Walmart, BestBuy, or at any of the Gamestops nearby used or new. Have they stopped manufacturing this game already? I even checked online and they're either out of stock or selling it for over $40. Even the Square Enix website didn't have it. I'm not going to buy a handheld game that was released a year and half ago for more than $30 unless I know for sure that all these stores are out of stock for good. I couldn't find anything about this online. I'm thinking it's just because it's right after Christmas and the beginning of the new year. I can't really see them stopping the manufacturing of the game after only a year and half of it being out, even if it is possibly getting a console release which is unlikely anyway. Does anyone know anything about this or am I just being paranoid and impatient? My apologies if I look online tomorrow and it's suddenly back in stock somewhere/everywhere.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's the big holiday sales. I was told it had gone on sale a bunch of times recently. (Literally a week ago it was in stock because I remember checking xD)

It's pretty weird that it is literally gone everywhere, though. I've just checked a bunch of retailers and didn't find any, either. I'd say your best bet is waiting a bit. In the meantime, I would recommend picking up something like Pokemon or Fire Emblem to pass the time...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I really don't think it's been discontinued. Heck, a few weeks back I could still find a few copies of Re:coded at my local game stores. Probably they just happen to be out of stock simultaneously (it happens).

If you're in dire need of it, may I suggest you look it up on Amazon or ebay? Probably some people have some hand-me-down copies of the game listed for sale.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you're in dire need of it, may I suggest you look it up on Amazon or ebay? Probably some people have some hand-me-down copies of the game listed for sale.

I think he wants a new copy that isn't so expensive. All of the Amazon Marketplace sellers have the game pretty high because of the lack of it being in stock at regular retailers.

Sorarocks93

Awards
What's up with Square discontinuing their new games so fast? Where I am both FF XIII and XIII-2 were only available for a year. Even less for the KH games.

What's more weird is that the store is selling FF XII for over 5 years now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What's up with Square discontinuing their new games so fast? Where I am both FF XIII and XIII-2 were only available for a year. Even less for the KH games.

It's not discontinued. They just have to print more (and they generally don't print more until they've run through all of the stock) XIII is a "Greatest Hits" version which you can find easily. Amazon sells them all of the time. XIII-2 is even easier to find. You can import them pretty easily...

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I think he wants a new copy that isn't so expensive. All of the Amazon Marketplace sellers have the game pretty high because of the lack of it being in stock at regular retailers.

Time to list mine up, then. XD

Probably it depends on the distributor in the country you're living in? Where I am, the distributor of DS and 3DS games (which distributes games to the neighbouring countries of Singapore and Malaysia as well, so we have similar selection of games across the stores) is so "diligent", for a lack of a better term, that stores still have old games such as Re:coded, FFIII, and FFIV, to name a few.

However, I don't think publishers will be in a haste to discontinue the games that they know net them a good chunk of money.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Ok thanks guys. I have been playing Pokemon Y, Spock, and I will probably be adding a bunch of you guys as soon as Nintendo is back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back