• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3D Official Site Updated! (2/14)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaJackpot

Where does it show this Keyblade? I must've missed it. D:

Here, Sora's about to initiate a Dual Link while holding a Keyblade with a familiar set of headphones as the handle...
axlksz.png

And during the animation, you can see the Mr. Mew Keychain:
muwhao.png

Revolution

I'm going to assume that scene with Axel and Roxas eating ice cream on the clock tower takes place in this time

[video=youtube;a85MGfTDIKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a85MGfTDIKA[/video]

Anyone think so?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I mean, I'm not against the idea of it being Vanitas in some form, but I didn't exactly mean it could just be any Nightmare either. It could be, for instance, YMX for all we know.

Any nightmare I would doubt however, why put an org coat on a dream eater?
I think it might be a being related to the nightmares, yes, but one of a bigger kind.
I theorized earlier somewhere that this red-eyed "thing" maybe is all the torment of the ones connected to Sora thrown together and given a tangible form.
Like that black Ventus-armor with the Nightmare-symbol could be Ven's torment alone given form.

What are you talking about?
About the youtube-version of the trailer which, when you turn captions on, has English subtitles, perhaps?

What really perplexes me is the red-eyed cloaked figure (RECF?). I have no clue who that could be. It likely isn't Vanitas, since Vanitas has no reason to wear a cloak like that and already appears in his normal form and in his armored form. Who could RECF be?

I also really like how Xehanort's Guardian appears. It confirms that it's very important (even further than it already was).

And also. I like the whole damn trailer. This rules. I love that Riku can use multiple keychains like Sora, and how there's even more evidence of Sora failing his exam, and... aaahh! I love this game!

As far as I remember Vanitas is confirmed to appear only once, unmasked, in the beginning.
Vanitas has no armor, that blackened Armor we saw briefly there was Ven's armor with a Nightmare-Dream Eater symbol on its visor, not the Unversed-symbol.
It maybe possible that this is Vanitas now having an armor, but that isn't confirmed yet.
As for the red-eyed unknown, I dunno, it could be raw Vanitas as according to the novels or something entirely different.

Again? I think the issues we see here at hand are way more severe than worry about a stupid exam.

Mr Yippie

Monstro is also in this game. If you look at the floor when Pinocchio is talking to Riku, it's full of colored circles that pulsate, just like Monstro's floor.

and that's perfectly fine and doesnt contradict anything I said, as Monstro is part of another world that we've never been to. he's like the mysterious tower. hes a segment of another world (a new world mind you) and one of the examples of "stretching it" I talked about

there's no possible way Atlantica as a whole could be in this game, because we've been to each and every part of it other than the beaches, although we've seen they exist in the ROL

MASTER260

Awards
Well, guess the forums was right about the teardrop tattoos being significant as to the difference between Lea & Axel. Guess it's time for...

Lea logic: I don't have these tiny tattoos anymore so I must be human again!
(Also, Lea logic: It's pronounced, "Lee," & I'm a guy. (Dammnit, I should've stuck with Axel...))

Revolution

Well, guess the forums was right about the teardrop tattoos being significant as to the difference between Lea & Axel. Guess it's time for...

(Also, Lea logic: It's pronounced, "Lee," & I'm a guy. (Dammnit, I should've stuck with Axel...))

Well if he didn't have them before he was a nobody and now he doesn't, that is how he knows.

Grey

and that's perfectly fine and doesnt contradict anything I said, as Monstro is part of another world that we've never been to. he's like the mysterious tower. hes a segment of another world (a new world mind you) and one of the examples of "stretching it" I talked about

there's no possible way Atlantica as a whole could be in this game, because we've been to each and every part of it other than the beaches, although we've seen they exist in the ROL

I wasn't necessarily trying to say that you're wrong--I don't believe Atlantica is in this game, for the reasons you've given--I was just pointing out that since Monstro's reappearing (and it's not really a "new world") it's not as if Atlantica couldn't be in this game.

As far as I remember Vanitas is confirmed to appear only once, unmasked, in the beginning.
Vanitas has no armor, that blackened Armor we saw briefly there was Ven's armor with a Nightmare-Dream Eater symbol on its visor, not the Unversed-symbol.
It maybe possible that this is Vanitas now having an armor, but that isn't confirmed yet.

Ah, you're right. I mistook that symbol.

It seems unlikely that Vanitas would have armor associated with the Dream Eaters.

Sephiroth0812 said:
As for the red-eyed unknown, I dunno, it could be raw Vanitas as according to the novels or something entirely different.

What exactly do the novels state, again?

Considering that Vanitas does not have red eyes and, again, has no reason at all to appear disguised in a cloak, I have a hard time accepting the theory that RECF is Vanitas in any form. Maybe the novels give it more credence.

Sephiroth0812 said:
Again? I think the issues we see here at hand are way more severe than worry about a stupid exam.

I get what you're saying, but the exam isn't exactly stupid, considering that the fate of all of the worlds sort of depend on Sora passing.

And also, it's implied that Sora is stuck in the Realm of Sleep until he passes, which is also really bad.

And why would Sora fail? He's got the charisma and strength of heart, so logically he should be able to pass. I almost feel like some sort of outside influence causes him to fail, and that spells severe trouble in a different way as well.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Because Lee totally has to be a girl's name. My grandpa's name is Lee, and I know of a few other guys named Lee.

The spelling is off, but there's nothing saying Lee (or Lea) has to be a girl's name.

Heck, Lea is one of the more normal names in the series, along with Dilan (which happens to be my little brother's name, albeit spelled differently)

Grey

Huh.

Watching the subbed trailer...

Yen Sid: "I won't ask again. It's not an easy path."
Lea: "Yeah. Hurry up and get on with it."

Among the other things this could mean...

Could Lea be asking Yen Sid here to teach him to wield a Keyblade?

What with his feelings towards Roxas, and his apparent desire to help the good guys here, it makes sense to me that Lea would want to wield a Keyblade.

Also, fairly certain that Sora accepts the darkness, and that it has something to do with why he will possibly fail.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No, I think he wants to get into the Realm of Sleep to help Sora. And probably Roxas in some way too.

Either that, or he's seeking redemption of some sort.

This says something about Yen Sid if he's willing to help Lea, and something about Lea if he's willing to go to Yen Sid for help.

Something that I really like, actually.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ah, you're right. I mistook that symbol.

It seems unlikely that Vanitas would have armor associated with the Dream Eaters.
You were not the only one. When I first saw the trailer I thought it was Vanitas's Remnant from BBS, but then I noticed the small prongs on the helmet.
It also helps that we see Ven in his normal armor right after that scene.

True that.

What exactly do the novels state, again?

Considering that Vanitas does not have red eyes and, again, has no reason at all to appear disguised in a cloak, I have a hard time accepting the theory that RECF is Vanitas in any form. Maybe the novels give it more credence.
The novels state that Vanitas, before newborn Sora connected with Ven at Destiny Islands, had no human face under the mask but an darkness-face (totally black) with Unversed (red) eyes.

This red-eyes unknown here has no unversed eyes though as Unversed eyes always portray a specific emotion.

The novels giving credence has to be handled with care, as while Nomura did give some input on them he didn't write them.

I get what you're saying, but the exam isn't exactly stupid, considering that the fate of all of the worlds sort of depend on Sora passing.

And also, it's implied that Sora is stuck in the Realm of Sleep until he passes, which is also really bad.

And why would Sora fail? He's got the charisma and strength of heart, so logically he should be able to pass. I almost feel like some sort of outside influence causes him to fail, and that spells severe trouble in a different way as well.

I think that's overstating the whole issue a bit, also Yen Sid probably didn't expect Xehanort to interfere.

Of course there's outside influence, the last two trailers strongly implicate that the Mysterious Figure continuously follows and haunts Sora as well as Riku with more psychological "attacks".
Also, Data-Naminé in Coded already warned that the vast pain of Ven and the others could be too much for Sora's heart to bear.

Ronldbx6

:wink:Omg Xibar's back and what the hell does Xehanort want? Roxas! So many versions of Xehanort at the end HOLY S***! FANGASM!:biggrin:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I meant Lea. How can Lee be a girl's name?

Gender is imaginary; there is no such thing as a gender binary because the only reason gender exists is because of similar characteristics. If there was only one gender, we'd have no term for it because it would just be it. As such, gendered names are also imaginary, so any name could be applied to any "gender." No name is intrinsically male or female; the only way it is so is if we identify it as such. And because of this, any identification as such is all in our heads and therefore imaginary. Nonexistent, even.

Ahem.

KHFanatic2010

Wow, what a fanastic trailer!!! I hope there's a EU release date soon because I want to play this epic game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MASTER260

Awards
Nonexistent, even.
You mean like Axel, the Nobody? xD

EDIT: BTW, years before I knew Axel's true name I was wondering what it could be, & the only thing that I could come up with was Lea, but that didn't make sense to me, since it's a girls name.
EDIT 2: Then again, Mirby's right, there have been worse names, like Xehanort, or Braig, or Ienzo, etc. Come to think of it, wouldn't it make more sense for, "Axel," tp be Demyx's name since it's a part of the guitar?

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
OMG. Best trailer ever. Love the Tron stuff. XD
So is Xehanort building an army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back