• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 3DS - Confirmed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

YUPPP

Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3DS

Godammit. I hope it is a shitty KH game or coded so I don't have to buy a new system.

But if looks important than I'll buy it...

αsiя

space coke

Well coded or not, Kingdom Hearts is part of the 3D world.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member

That's why I stuck with my original obese DS. Nintendo's handhelds tend to reproduce like rabbits. I gotta see some 3D KH footage? What's Disney's next 3D movie?? Toy Story 3 right?

Darkwing_Duck

Great news, at least we know the platform for the new game.

Nintendo totally rocked on the E3 BTW.

kostas

Awards
Guys its a demo not a real game. See the logo clearly
115953371-d4a28c2bcd57916555d8270c4866a159.4c17b898-scaled.jpg

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
wii-keynote-0409.jpg

It's just a demo, guys

EDIT: lolololol beaten too it. xd

though it does imply they are making one.

denizenofevil

But if there's a demo, that means that there's got to be an actual game coming out TO demo right?

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
So it's a demo demonstrating the 3DS 3D? If not then this is amazing! The graphics on the 3DS look amazing.

Awards
Yeah, the "3D demo" makes me think that this is KH1 remade for the 3DS.
Still, even if it's a demo, I think there's a reason why they'd do that. To give a taste of what's to come.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I find it hard to think this is a remake for KH1 unless it's going to give us new content like the FM+ did. I mean, one of the screenshots Nintendo's E3 site had showed Sora fighting the freaking Twilight Thorn in Traverse Town, and another had Riku playable
So the second bit might actually support it being a remake, and us getting to show Riku's story (lol scenarions?), but the first bit makes me skeptical.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Good thing I held out on buying a DSi then. They're really milking the first kh envionrtment lately aren't they? D:

αsiя

space coke
Here at E3 2010 there's like a hojillion 3DS titles. Most of them are new titles, though a few seem to be 3D ports of older games. On the third party side, Square Enix was showing off a video for Kingdom Hearts 3D. Sora's back, beyotches!

So it was just a trailer so it's hard to tell, but I think this might be a port of the original PS2 game, or at least a reimagining of it. The trailer starts off with Sora and Riku sitting out by the starfruit tree on Destiny Islands. Then Riku disappears in a swirling flash of light. Sora calls after him and runs around the island (the game switches to gameplay here).

Sora runs through the island a bit, showing off the locale. It looks exactly like it did in the PS2 game. The thing that makes me think it's not a port is that Sora already has the glide ability, which he uses to soar around the island a bit.

The game cuts again and shows Riku waking up Traverse Town (the main hub world of the PS2 game). He goes into a courtyard and is surrounded by a bunch of Heartless. Then he looks up and stuff gets crazy.

The sky starts raining Soras.

No seriously. A dozen unconscious Soras slowly float down from the sky like a cute boy meteor shower.

One of the Soras lands and busts out his Keyblade. The game switches back to gameplay mode here and shows Sora bashing the Heartless. After all the Heartless are defeated a huge soldier Heartless boss rises from the ground. Before Sora can battle him he snaps awake, back on Destiny Islands, sitting with Kairi by the starfruit tree. The camera pans up to the night sky and shows the title screen, Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Graphically it looks amazing, though it's hard to tell if this is totally legit, or if even the gameplay is really a cutscene. The island, and even Traverse Town look good in 3D, and the possibilities for the game are promising (the Gummi ship levels could finally be cool in 3D).

There are a few screens in the gallery, and we'll get more news on the game as soon as we can.
E3 2010: Kingdom Hearts 3D First Look - Nintendo 3DS Preview at IGN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back