• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH at E3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueheart

Bronze Member
He could have just told us it wouldn't be there anymore. Then we would have all said, "Oh, so I guess it's not ready to have a trailer or show it's content yet, maybe they're going show it at TGS instead."

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Youniquee

How could I hope for such a thing because the series just needs to die off prolonging it only makes it worse. That's just my opinion though.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Everyone needs to just chill and be patient. Most KH fans have become so bonkin' impatient. Nomura didn't keep his word and 3D was not at E3, so what? He's a busy man, he doesn't know what cards life is gonna deal for him, and I definetly don't want him to hurry any of his projects.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
tumblr_llqneyLFvF1qgt23xo1_500.jpg

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I actually posted it for the word and meaning (which is relevant). Lil Terriermon is a plus :3

Edit: BTW, to those who aren't aware, "Momentai" = "Hakuna Matata".
In other words, chill out and stop complaining kthx.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
Closed Mega Theater. lol
for FFversus more likely
Again.
It'll leak....they always leak.

Also, I don't think Nomura broke any promise of any kind, I can't find a statement explicitly stating that 3D will be at E3.

In addition, Square never really made much of a presence at E3, they have always used TGS and Famitsu as major outlets for news about their products.

Grandpriest

It'll leak....they always leak.

Also, I don't think Nomura broke any promise of any kind, I can't find a statement explicitly stating that 3D will be at E3.

In addition, Square never really made much of a presence at E3, they have always used TGS and Famitsu as major outlets for news about their products.

I believe it was in one of his Twitter comments. He *did* tell us that KH 3D would be making an appearance at E3. It wasn't at E3, he lied to us, and he didn't even have the courtesy to give us any updates on the subject. Just left us hangin'. I love him for making the KH series, but I truly hate him sometimes as well.

On a lighter, more positive note, someone who attended E3 asked a Squeenix representative about KH, and they said that even though KH is not at E3, it will be shown at the TGS. *Hopefully* this won't prove to be false.
Link is here: No Kingdom Hearts Games at E3 2011 - Kingdom Hearts Ultimania

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
For the Wii U thing, the reason the Wii U look so unappealing right now is because barely anything is known about it. When I first saw it, I thought it was just a new controller, not a console as did many until Nintendo had to clarify in interviews later on. Kingdom Hearts going to the Wii U wouldn't be bad, but I see no need for it to do so. As stated on the KHInsider homepage, the Wii-U doesn't offer anything new that the KH series needs as two screens in Kingdom Hearts aren't neccessary. However, with the Wii-U's capability for graphics rivaling the PS3 and 360, the discs being able to hold as much as PS3 discs (no more multi-discs like FFXIII on 360) not to mention the Wii-U being family friendly, I could see Disney pushing SE for a title release which they probably would comply to with argument as SE loves to put KH on every console out there -_-

snow_flake40

Awards

Ha, I just got the Digimon movie last April off eBay. So...much...nostalgia... *wipes tear from eye*

Anywho, somewhat more on topic, I was fairly bummed about KH not being at E3 this year, but, y'know, not that big a deal, I guess. Sure, it's fairly sucktastic, but now I'm psyched for TGS. However, if something KH-related and full of wonder and/or awe isn't present, then someone's getting a serious face full of pitchfork. I'm just sayin'.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Everyone needs to just chill and be patient. Most KH fans have become so bonkin' impatient. Nomura didn't keep his word and 3D was not at E3, so what? He's a busy man, he doesn't know what cards life is gonna deal for him, and I definetly don't want him to hurry any of his projects.

I really do think most fans have a viable excuse. The series has been around for almost a decade with only two numbered titles released. The time gap between KH2 and the next major installment to hit the home console is still ongoing with no end in sight. Of course fans are going to be discouraged and disillusioned, especially when you factor in the fact that 3 out of the 4 recently released KH titles that were meant to tie fans over for the long haul were mediocre at best. It's hard to be a KH fan these days, especially when other companies (new and old) are developing stellar sequels to blockbuster titles in like what seems to be no time at all when compared to the KH team.

Even with all things considered (Versus 13's development, more KH titles on the way), fans don't want to be left wondering for 6 years when they're going to release 3rd major installment. And the game isn't even on the way, so we could easily be creeping up 10 (might be a stretch) years for a 3rd game... You honestly can't say that's reasonable by any means. Versus 13 and the KH franchise should have been weighted accordingly because apparently, someone pretty much dropped the ball on that note... Now if Versus 13's the finest game all gen then I would happily eat my words... So yeah, Nomura and the KH team have a lot to prove...

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By: The Conquerer

I really do think most fans have a viable excuse. The series has been around for almost a decade with only two numbered titles released. The time gap between KH2 and the next major installment to hit the home console is still ongoing with no end in sight. Of course fans are going to be discouraged and disillusioned, especially when you factor in the fact that 3 out of the 4 recently released KH titles that were meant to tie fans over for the long haul were mediocre at best. It's hard to be a KH fan these days, especially when other companies (new and old) are developing stellar sequels to blockbuster titles in like what seems to be no time at all when compared to the KH team.

Even with all things considered (Versus 13's development, more KH titles on the way), fans don't want to be left wondering for 6 years when they're going to release 3rd major installment. And the game isn't even on the way, so we could easily be creeping up 10 (might be a stretch) years for a 3rd game... You honestly can't say that's reasonable by any means. Versus 13 and the KH franchise should have been weighted accordingly because apparently, someone pretty much dropped the ball on that note... Now if Versus 13's the finest game all gen then I would happily eat my words... So yeah, Nomura and the KH team have a lot to prove...

This and sad to say I think the next time we'll see Kingdom Hearts on a console I'll be 25 years old already with a job probably out of grad school with a wife and kids(maybe 1). Thing is though I think KH is a good franchise, but not as big franchise for Square, or at least not as big as many people here try to exaggerate.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Here's the thing, Nomura never intended to make a third installment. It was because of that last scene with the King's letter, that everyone assumed he was going to make another sequel. Normura never even wanted to put that scene in, it was Disney that made him do it, saying they wouldn't cooperate with the game if he didn't put it in. Why, because Disney always wants to make sequels, with their movies that were made over thirty years ago, for profit. It's no suprise that they wanted Nomura to continue KH, for more profit, by making a last "mystery" to roll with, even though he wasn't planning to make more, besides the prequel, BBS. It's really Disney's fault, they really trapped him in a corner. Sure, he's planning, and probably wants to make it now. But I don't think it was his original idea to do it after KH2. And SE also wants to make profit, now that it's planned to be made, but it probably wasn't their original idea to make it either.

Youniquee

Awards
Here's the thing, Nomura never intended to make a third installment. It was because of that last scene with the King's letter, that everyone assumed he was going to make another sequel. Normura never even wanted to put that scene in, it was Disney that made him do it, saying they wouldn't cooperate with the game if he didn't put it in. Why, because Disney always wants to make sequels, with their movies that were made over thirty years ago, for profit. It's no suprise that they wanted Nomura to continue KH, for more profit, by making a last "mystery" to roll with, even though he wasn't planning to make more, besides the prequel, BBS. It's really Disney's fault, they really trapped him in a corner. Sure, he's planning, and probably wants to make it now. But I don't think it was his original idea to do it after KH2. And SE also wants to make profit, now that it's planned to be made, but it probably wasn't their original idea to make it either.

I heard someone say this before and they didn't give me evidence. Where does it say that Nomura was forced to add that scene :S

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Actually I had heard before on this site long ago that Noruma wasn't suppose to go past the first game, but because of how big it was that's why Chain of Memories then KH2 came along.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The real answer is that Nomura had a few ideas about what the second game was going to be about, but he simply didn't know whether the first game was going to take off or not, and if it didn't obviously they wouldn't make another. The game sold well, so eventually he was able to flesh out his ideas and implement them in the games.

I have heard nothing about how the scene at the end of KH2 was forced on him, and given how in interviews in the ultimania he said he had a few concrete ideas as to what the next installment was going to be like, I find it unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back