• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kh birth by sleep difficulty level

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

what difficulty should birth by sleep be played

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave
Yes you can. I should know because when I first played KH2 it was in Beginner Mode and I had to unlock everything and I managed to get the secret ending. And when I played Standard Mode, I didn't need to complete 100% at all. I just needed to get a few things like beat Olympus Coliseum, I didn't need it to be 100%. And again, with Proud Mode you get the ending automatically.

Actually, you can't get it on beginner, I should know, I did 100% on Beginner; you probably just choose Standard on accident; and for Proud it isn't automatic, you have to get all the keyholes in each world, including 100 Acre Wood and Atlantica; Those are the only two ways to get it.

Awards
Yes you can. I should know because when I first played KH2 it was in Beginner Mode and I had to unlock everything and I managed to get the secret ending. And when I played Standard Mode, I didn't need to complete 100% at all. I just needed to get a few things like beat Olympus Coliseum, I didn't need it to be 100%. And again, with Proud Mode you get the ending automatically.

Dude, I'm telling you, you CAN'T get it in beginner. Trust me, I've played KH2 DOZENS of times, and I've completed it 100% on beginner, and the video doesn't appear. When was the last time you played it? (and btw, you don't get in in proud mode automatically, you have to beat the optional worlds as well)

Allister Rose

French Lover
ok skyfoxx you are way off.....

you don't get it automatically in proud mode, you have to complete all the worlds story. standard mode is unlockable by completing the journal. as for the beginner one, no source whatsoever is telling me it's possible to gain the secret ending.....

But maybe you thought it was on easy mode when it was really on standard (kh2 was way too easy, so maybe you thought it was on easy mode).

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I'm telling you, I was on Beginner Mode. And I didn't mistake it for Standard Mode because it asks you "are you sure you want this difficulty?" plus on the start menu, I can look under Config and it will tell me what difficulty I'm in. It was in Beginner.

And yes, Proud was automatic. I did 100 Acre Wood but I skipped Atlantica and I STILL got it. Either I have a glitchy game (which would be a very odd glitch) or this entire world is an illusion. Either way, I know what modes I did. And lately, I've been replaying all of the KH games in anticipation for BBS so the last time I played KH2 was last week so YES, I know what I'm talking about.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I'm telling you, I was on Beginner Mode. And I didn't mistake it for Standard Mode because it asks you "are you sure you want this difficulty?" plus on the start menu, I can look under Config and it will tell me what difficulty I'm in. It was in Beginner.

And yes, Proud was automatic. I did 100 Acre Wood but I skipped Atlantica and I STILL got it. Either I have a glitchy game (which would be a very odd glitch) or this entire world is an illusion. Either way, I know what modes I did. And lately, I've been replaying all of the KH games in anticipation for BBS so the last time I played KH2 was last week so YES, I know what I'm talking about.
atlantica was barely a world.....but do you have it still saved? if you do you can prove it....but right now if this is all out of memory, you're not going to be convincing.

there is three saying one thing, and you saying another. don't you think it's a little odd? maybe it was a glitch, maybe you don't remember as well as you thought

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
atlantica was barely a world.....but do you have it still saved? if you do you can prove it....but right now if this is all out of memory, you're not going to be convincing.

there is three saying one thing, and you saying another. don't you think it's a little odd? maybe it was a glitch, maybe you don't remember as well as you thought

Unfortunately I don't have it saved. But I have beaten the game over 10 times and it's always been like that during those 10 times so it's very unlikely that it'd be an ongoing glitch :/

And I don't even know how I can prove it since I have no means of recording the footage or anything.

Anyway, it's probably just my copy of the game since there's 3 against one. You can either take my word for it or just refuse to believe me. Either way, I don't really care since it's obvious I'm the only one who's experienced this (or atleast the only one who experienced it and commented on this thread).

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well, it could be a glitch and maybe u thought it was actually beginner when it was standard since your don't remember, and the mind can play tricks on you lol :p

Allister Rose

French Lover
(or atleast the only one who experienced it and commented on this thread).
or maybe someone with the same glitch...like kupo said, you may have thought it was standard....another way of proving it simply l=playing it over again with a different copy. though it did seem like you were making some of it up. for example standard = 70% journal and proud = automatically

State

Awards
Standard Mode.
I wanna get that secret ending, though playing them mini-games is starting to sound like a pain. D:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Since Critical Mode might not be available at first (damn) I'm strating at proud.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
or maybe someone with the same glitch...like kupo said, you may have thought it was standard....another way of proving it simply l=playing it over again with a different copy. though it did seem like you were making some of it up. for example standard = 70% journal and proud = automatically

I already said I knew it was Beginner. I went to Config and it tells you what mode you're in so I have constantly been able to double check. And the thing has happened to me 10 FREAKIN' TIMES and it's been that way for Beginner, Standard, and Proud. I swear I'm not making it up but whatever, you aren't gonna believe me anyway and it's not like it matters in the end.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I already said I knew it was Beginner. I went to Config and it tells you what mode you're in so I have constantly been able to double check. And the thing has happened to me 10 FREAKIN' TIMES and it's been that way for Beginner, Standard, and Proud. I swear I'm not making it up but whatever, you aren't gonna believe me anyway and it's not like it matters in the end.
again, you're not convincing unless you do it over again, just my memory isn't the same. just because you were able to check doesn't mean you have.

and the only thing i believe you're making up is your idea of how to unlock the SE for standard and proud mode. i'm just saying you should try it out....i know it's possible a glitch might have happened, but it's not affective way to earn the SE.

like i said, try doing it again, beat it in beginner 100% journal (on a different kh2), and see if it pops up. if it doesn't it's not a glitch.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
like i said, try doing it again, beat it in beginner 100% journal (on a different kh2), and see if it pops up. if it doesn't it's not a glitch.

What do you mean "a different KH2"? You mean a different copy of the game? I'm not going to buy 2 copies of the same game when I already have one that works perfectly just to prove if there's a glitch or not....

Either way, I don't really care about this in the end. This is just getting off topic so I'll end it by saying I don't care if anyone believes me or not, but I know what I saw.

Allister Rose

French Lover
What do you mean "a different KH2"? You mean a different copy of the game? I'm not going to buy 2 copies of the same game when I already have one that works perfectly just to prove if there's a glitch or not....

Either way, I don't really care about this in the end. This is just getting off topic so I'll end it by saying I don't care if anyone believes me or not, but I know what I saw.
maybe it doesn't work so "perfectly". and you don't have to buy one, just borrow a friend's copy. either way i'd say it's a glitch, or your memory isn't as good as you thought.

and again, i believe you did see SE, just don't believe you were on beginner mode. either way, you can't gain the Se on beginner mode on a normal kh2 copy.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well...I don't really see why the matter was so important, but yeah, if skyfoxx really wants to know, he can always borrow another copy from a friend, but I don't see it as that big of deal lol :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Remember when we were all posting about which mode the OP should play in?

Winterborn

whatever you want, i'm going to start on proud mode. did the same with every game.

Ralz

I'm going to start on Standard mode. I always wussed out in the games before, always starting with Beginner. Now's the time to be a little more brave. After that, Proud Mode. And when I snap and lose all sense of reality, Critical.

Apollo

Silver Member
I don't think these games will be any harder than the other ones. So I'm just going to start with proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back