• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Character Files: Short Stories - Xigbar, Marluxia, Larxene

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

2 quid is good

Awards
I checked out on the plot quite some time ago but man I don't even feel like it's worth caring about these characters anymore now either xD

Awards
*kicks table over*

What I should really be complaining about is Marluxia's reason for betraying Xemnas in the story here is "i dunno lol".

Like, seriously?! That's so dumb.
Wasn't Marluxia's reason for betrayal in the games something along the lines of wanting the keyblade's power for his own?

Eonstar890

Awards
Before, I had lost everything—even my name—to oblivion. I was filled with unease. I was exactly like Roxas when he first joined the Organization. I did, however, have power.

Most people seem to be interpreting this as Marluxia losing his memory right when he joined the Organization, but I am pretty sure the use of before means before even that time. Meaning whenever he emerged from the past he lost his memories, then became a nobody. It seems everyone from the past lost their memories, Ventus, Subject X, Lauriam, and Elrena.

If there were someone out there who could predict the future of this world, I wonder if they would have foretold this outcome. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to accept it. I wasn't able to. Perhaps that is why I became a Nobody. Perhaps not.

From this line I get the feeling Lauriam willingly gave up his heart because he couldn't bear to live with the pain of losing his sister (which is pretty dark). There have been several hints that Elrena has a bit of a crush on Lauriam, and I get the feeling she gave up her heart to be with him(or not have to live with the heartbreak) as well all Romeo and Juliet style.

I suppose that appointing my amnesiac self as the leader of Castle Oblivion was part of someone's plan. But whose? Well, not that it helps me to know now.

I really like how this line brings reason to why Xemnas would give Marluxia control of CO, since to me it always seemed very random and illogical. Knowing now that he had knowledge on the ancient keyblade wielders who traveled through time, and that he was actively hunting down Ventus, it makes sense he would place both Marluxia and Larxene in CO to see if their connection to Ven could be used to his advantage. Of course this plan fell through when they decided to betray him.

I lost as I gained, gained as I lost.

Love the callback. Overall I really like how Marluxia's story adds to the greater picture without giving anything significant away.

Xagzan

Awards
I suppose that appointing my amnesiac self as the leader of Castle Oblivion was part of someone's plan. But whose? Well, not that it helps me to know now.

Hmmm. Curious...

I simply wasn't able to obey Xemnas. I don't understand why. I pretended to follow him, plotting my betrayal all the while. Perhaps it was the vestiges of my heart, still somewhere inside me. Perhaps my heart was guided by the key. I have no clue.

AND CURIOUSER.

Larxene Story: Wise Up! Girl!

Larxene I love you so much. Tell us mooooore.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Most people seem to be interpreting this as Marluxia losing his memory right when he joined the Organization, but I am pretty sure the use of before means before even that time. Meaning whenever he emerged from the past he lost his memories, then became a nobody. It seems everyone from the past lost their memories, Ventus, Subject X, Lauriam, and Elrena.

From this line I get the feeling Lauriam willingly gave up his heart because he couldn't bear to live with the pain of losing his sister (which is pretty dark). There have been several hints that Elrena has a bit of a crush on Lauriam, and I get the feeling she gave up her heart to be with him(or not have to live with the heartbreak) as well all Romeo and Juliet style.

I really like how this line brings reason to why Xemnas would give Marluxia control of CO, since to me it always seemed very random and illogical. Knowing now that he had knowledge on the ancient keyblade wielders who traveled through time, and that he was actively hunting down Ventus, it makes sense he would place both Marluxia and Larxene in CO to see if their connection to Ven could be used to his advantage. Of course this plan fell through when they decided to betray him.

Love the callback. Overall I really like how Marluxia's story adds to the greater picture without giving anything significant away.
Certainly, it sounds like the method to time travel is what caused the memory loss, not the becoming Nobody process, because as you say, Subjext X and Ventus is also amnesiac, and we know other Nobodies still have their memories. Which actually raised another question. We know Luxu is the one who hides Subject X. He is also pays some attention to Ventus. Lastly, Xigbar is the one who recruited Marluxia to the Organization. If he is paying attention to them to watch them not to straighten the twisted history, why would he let Marluxia go to CO? That place is about memory manipulation, what if he regained his memory even back then? Or is there any other reason why did he watched them?Why didn't he kill them if he wants them to stay silent ?

Is it possible that he actually commits suicide with his keyblade? A shinigami that become one due to suicide, and also lost human memories... hmmm, I wonder if Nomura take that cue from Fullmoon wo Sagashite.

Speaking of which, well, the implication that Ven(or maybe whatever possessing him at the time) is the one who kill Strel is getting stronger, isn't it? What other reason for him to look for Ven oh so actively, when Strel takes up most of his braincell?

From his awareness of the fact he was sent to CO due to someone else's ploy, and about "the future that should never been", that and his inability to obey Xemnas... PTSD from obeying shady higher up? Is he aware of the conspiracy from the UX era and has PTSD from it?

Zetsumei

Awards
I am probably just an idiot but my mind started whirring excitedly when I read that bit about Xemans opening Kingdom Hearts in Xigbar's story and wish I could play the end of KH2 again right now

In both examples of a "door" opening to Kingdom Hearts, in KH1 and KH2, the realm of darkness is on the other side.

KH1 ending
KH2 door to Kingdom Hearts Summoned
KH2 after defeating Xemnas (inside the door)

/tinfoil hat time
Speculating here, but I think what we're supposed to understand about Kingdom Hearts is that it was corrupted by darkness some time ago. I think we're shown this in KH3 when Xehanort summons Kingdom Hearts and calls upon its "true form" and it then turns dark. If I had to guess, I'd say that MoM is trying to restore Kingdom Hearts to its original form. When he says, in remind he's planning for the world's destruction, I think he means that. In back cover he says that we shouldn't worry about trying to prevent the end of the world, but to focus on what comes after. I think he's trying to create a new Kingdom Hearts, by replicating the conditions at the beginning of time when Kingdom Hearts first formed. This is basically what Xehanort said he was trying to do at the end of KH3, although Xehanort said he wanted to build a new world, not build a new Kingdom Hearts.

D

Deleted member 252753

/tinfoil hat time
My favourite time!
Your idea is clever, and it would be a cool twist if Kingdom Hearts were a 'false light'. Plus there have been a few references to the flow of time being different in the realm of darknesses and that would chime with what Xigbar says next about whether time is moving forward. Glancing at those videos I can't believe I forgot how trippy the final battles of KH2 are. I can't wait to look at them more closely and come up with more crazy ideas.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think you'll find he was guided by the heart he didn't have. Simple, really
I want to laugh, but that's the reason it gave. :mad:

Wasn't Marluxia's reason for betrayal in the games something along the lines of wanting the keyblade's power for his own?
I'm too lazy to rewatch everything, but I'm pretty gosh darn sure.

Xagzan

Awards
I forget who said it here, but I would also like to add, the prospect of Marluxia's motive for rebelling, which we never really knew, being that deep down he was actually a good boi, who forgot he was a good boi, but still subconsciously recognized Xemnas as a villain and couldn't help but act against him, all while changing into a manipulative sociopath himself, is pretty damn interesting.

And then someone else said this one, but the idea that Xemnas sent him to CO because he knows about UX and thought Marluxia's past connection to Ven might help locate him, would be a madly genius retcon.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yes.

And to take control of the Organization.

But you know, Nomura retconned that with KHUx.
I don't see what's so problematic with Lauriam being from KHUX. Nomura basically swept away any inconsistencies by having MARLUXIA in the Organization, not Lauriam, and on top of all of that MARLUXIA had memory issues. The way I see it, Marluxia was acting just like Ansem SoD/Xemnas were -- they were amnesiacs, but had a deep-seated desire. We don't know what Marluxia's desire was beyond getting control of the keyblade and taking over the Organization. Ansem was assembling the 7 PoH to open the Door To Darkness and Xemnas was gathering hearts/nobodies; their actions weren't because Master Xehanort told them to, but because they did it on their own.

Lauriam being a good guy (I guess, I can't play KHUX), doesn't instantly ruin what Marluxia did. Remember that Marluxia doesn't have a heart, or at the very least, a heart has barely begun to develop. It's clear that Marluxia was acting on some memory buried deep down because he was working with Larxene (Elrena) and kept Axel (associated with Girl X) around, which ties back to Lauriam's life somewhat.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
This whole ties back to the problem of adding things on a saga closer.
drawmeme.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I spent 5 minutes making that meme.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This was the reasoning Nomura gave in the Character Reports, released December 2006. It's pretty interesting to think about:

When you consider how he was entrusted with Castle Oblivion despite being Number 11 of the Organisation, you can tell just what a cunning character he is. I wasn't able to show this to you, but I'm sure you can imagine how he played the perfect 'can-do man' in front of Xemnas. He's quite the actor.

Eonstar890

Awards
That bit about him being quite the actor is interesting because:

I pretended to follow him, plotting my betrayal all the while.

Does seem like something an "actor" would do lol

Also I'm surprised no one has commented on Marly's story being called EPHEMERal flower... a possible hint or just a cute little tie in?

Another thing I wanted to mention:
His whole piece on his heart being full of rage and sadness with a longing for possibly vengeance makes me feel like Lauriam probably HATES Ventus.. With what we know right know, Ventus replaced his sister and I can definitely see Lauriam taking that revelation the wrong way.. I looove the drama!!!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That bit about him being quite the actor is interesting because:

Does seem like something an "actor" would do lol

Also I'm surprised no one has commented on Marly's story being called EPHEMERal flower... a possible hint or just a cute little tie in?

Another thing I wanted to mention:
His whole piece on his heart being full of rage and sadness with a longing for possibly vengeance makes me feel like Lauriam probably HATES Ventus.. With what we know right know, Ventus replaced his sister and I can definitely see Lauriam taking that revelation the wrong way.. I looove the drama!!!
OMG YES PLEASE! MORE MELODRAMA! KH needs to seriously up the drama between characters (this is why I love Roxas/Xion lol)! I want to see Lauriam hate Ven, Larxene pining over Lauriam, Vanitas being emo AF while turning into a good guy, Roxas/Riku feuding over who can save Sora, Namine/Riku relationship drama, and more!

DraceEmpressa

Awards
OMG YES PLEASE! MORE MELODRAMA! KH needs to seriously up the drama between characters (this is why I love Roxas/Xion lol)! I want to see Lauriam hate Ven, Larxene pining over Lauriam, Vanitas being emo AF while turning into a good guy, Roxas/Riku feuding over who can save Sora, Namine/Riku relationship drama, and more!
Actually, since our suspects are already down to Skuld and Ven, and Skuld is likely to be Subject X, whoever the culprit is , we're guaranteed to get the drama-if it's Skuld/Subject X, Lauriam has to get past Lea and Isa. If it's Ven, he has to get past Aqua and Terra. Which I'm fine with either, but Ven would cause more shock value bc he has been dubbed as pure and innocent before the Vanitas split many times.And knowing Nomura, well....

Also, remembering your past, including you had a sibling before you die as a non-human? If this is Kimetsu No Yaiba we'd get 5 minutes of the actual flashback lmao.

Back