• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Character Files: Short Stories - Xigbar, Marluxia, Larxene

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OneDandelion

Awards
Having Marluxia being "exactly like Roxas" when he joined Org. XIII is such a huge ass pointless retcon.

The entire point with why the human Nobodies were special is because they still had their memories, with Roxas and Xion being special from them because they lacked any.
It's not really a retcon because Marluxia has never spoken about his past before now. We also don't know how long he was around without his memories before he joined the organization so maybe he had time to develop a personality before Axel met him.

I'm more curious what cause him to lose his memories to begin with, because if he is like Roxas wouldn't that mean his original body is out there somewhere? Unless Marluxia's heart was placed inside someone else and that person was split and took Marluxia's appearance, but I doubt they would use the same explanation twice.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really liked these stories because they were written in character and weren't some pre-school retelling of KH1 through Sora's eyes. I found it interesting how Xemnas opening Kingdom Hearts in KH2 seems to have had some kind of effect, I never even thought about that.

The Marluxia situation is interesting. I don't mind that he seems to have lost his memories when he turned into a nobody, but he didn't seem to even regain them when he was recompleted the first time. What made his memories return the second time he got killed? It seems that he was having memory issues before turning into a nobody the first time around...

Which is curious because Larxene seemed to have actively chosen to get rid of her heart because of some thing very special to her that's buried in there. Maybe Marluxia's memories were planted in Larxene's heart before they became nobodies to hide something? I do love Larxene's "I hate everything" attitude, although hers feels more like she's just annoyed by those things, while the Vanitas speech was way more emo (which I loved).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The common thing with Marluxia and explaining his lack of memories is that he lost them before he became a Nobody. if Marluxia was like Roxas then I'm curious what was it that gave him his current day personality. With Roxas it was interactions with Axel, did Marluxia need to be babysat too until he gained sentience? How long was Marluxia like that? Because even after Roxas gained his personality there were still many things he didn't know and in contrast Marluxia was not only aware of himself but a evil mastermind in COM.

Even though I hate this, I won't lie a part of me wants to see zombie Marluxia on his first mission opening a chest and getting a ice cream bar afterwords.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Idk, Marluxia's story doesn't say he had no memories specifically when he joined the Organization, just that that was the case at some point in his life. He likely wandered about, made new memories and formed a new identity by the time he became a Nobody and was recruited by Luxubar.

Also, can someone explain why you're all suddenly so mad about him not having memories? I thought we all understood this when we played KH3. Hell of a delayed reaction, guys.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Idk, Marluxia's story doesn't say he had no memories specifically when he joined the Organization, just that that was the case at some point in his life. He likely wandered about, made new memories and formed a new identity by the time he became a Nobody and was recruited by Luxubar.

Also, can someone explain why you're all suddenly so mad about him not having memories? I thought we all understood this when we played KH3. Hell of a delayed reaction, guys.

It's probably being misunderstood then.

Maybe he is talking about his past before becoming a Nobody. We know the Daybreak Town crew have no memories of their time way back when. But it depends when they jumped timelines. If it's at the current ages in KHUx, then they had a good while to readjust with amnesia.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It isn't about him not having memories, but how it's explaining his memory loss of the Chi-era by being a result of becoming a Nobody, which contradicts what makes the human Nobodies different, and also that it's explaining why he didn't regain his memories after his first defeat was because he didn't recomplete the first time. When he could have simply just had amnesia after being sent through time, like what happened with Ven and Subject X. Instead, it's pointlessly going out of it's way to explain something by retconning well established lore.

EDIT: Unless Marluxia is actually referring to Roxas in that one line, but the context of the story implies he's referring to himself.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It isn't about him not having memories, but how it's explaining his memory loss of the Chi-era by being a result of becoming a Nobody, which contradicts what makes the human Nobodies different, and also that it's explaining why he didn't regain his memories after his first defeat was because he didn't recomplete the first time. When he could have simply just had amnesia after being sent through time, like what happened with Ven and Subject X. Instead, it's pointlessly going out of it's way to explain something by retconning well established lore.

EDIT: Unless Marluxia is actually referring to Roxas in that one line, but the context of the story implies he's referring to himself.

There's nothing in his story that says his memory loss is caused by becoming a Nobody.
There's also nothing that says he didn't recomplete the first time around. If anything, it suggested that he was found and turned back into a Nobody before he had the chance to wake up post-recompletion.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't know about anybody else, but I've been complaining about this all 2019 that I didn't like what they were doing with members 9-12 of the Organization. From them being ancient Keyblade Wielders, to that being the reason Xemnas selected them for the original Org, to retconning how Nobodies memories work even though the games pounded it in your skull that all Nobodies minus Roxas remember their past lives and that they borrow their memories to build their personalities as Nobodies and "pretend" to act human. But for these new KHUX stuff to work with them now Marluxia has to have amnesia as well, something that was suppose to be unusual and unheard of for Nobodies minus Roxas and possibly Xemnas. I don't hate that they gave Marluxia in actual life outside being a villain, I mean that's great, but I don't like that it's contradicting what the story has told us so far though on the Nobodies. To be fair I don't find the Nobodies nearly as interesting as before DDD but now even Roxas's situation doesn't feel unique anymore.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
There's nothing in his story that says his memory loss is caused by becoming a Nobody.
It was this line here where I had the issue.

"I knew it was possible for memories to be lost upon losing flesh and becoming a Nobody."

The context of the story leans toward Marluxia talking about himself, but like I said in my last post, he's probably talking about Roxas and I just got confused.

There's also nothing that says he didn't recomplete the first time around. If anything, it suggested that he was found and turned back into a Nobody before he had the chance to wake up post-recompletion.
I've reread it again and I dunno now. Maybe I'm just tired today. *crawls in-between bed, hoping it eats me*

D

Deleted member 252753

Now, remember what happened when the man known as Xemnas opened the door to Kingdom Hearts. When and where did that lead to? For a while now, I've wondered whether this time we're experiencing is really moving forward. Or if time is even going by at all.
Thinking about it, this reminds me of something in DDD. That message spelled out during the final credits : 'This leads to kingdom hearts', followed by a shot of Riku and Sora walking together into a panel of light, like the Door to Light at the end lf KH2. This seems to make a 'III', making the message a teaser for KH3 but maybe it could be a little more?

Last edited by a moderator:

PikaPal

Awards
Even with Larxene now gone, she still hasn’t lost any of that assholish attitude... and I love it.

Marluxia and Xigbar’s story was decent too.

Tobi

Awards
The Marluxia situation is interesting. I don't mind that he seems to have lost his memories when he turned into a nobody, but he didn't seem to even regain them when he was recompleted the first time. What made his memories return the second time he got killed? It seems that he was having memory issues before turning into a nobody the first time around...
Maybe it's kinda a Xion/ Roxas thing and someone or something had those memories, stopping them from going back to Lauriam/ Marluxia? As example if Dark Inferno was Ephemers heartless (Sora defeats it in remind following Epehemer appearing in the other timeline?) and he somehow got Lauriams memories (after Lauriam lost his heart?) it just wouldn't have been possible until after Dark Inferno (or whoever had them) was destroyed and the memories became free.

The common thing with Marluxia and explaining his lack of memories is that he lost them before he became a Nobody. if Marluxia was like Roxas then I'm curious what was it that gave him his current day personality. With Roxas it was interactions with Axel, did Marluxia need to be babysat too until he gained sentience? How long was Marluxia like that? Because even after Roxas gained his personality there were still many things he didn't know and in contrast Marluxia was not only aware of himself but a evil mastermind in COM.
It was a little bit explained in the story. Marluxia was a traitor towards Xemnas, because he just couldn't be loyal to him. It could be, that he couldn't because he saw him as evil and as someone who his old self would have never worked under willingly. Marluxia wasn't aware of this, but he knew he had to do this. That he tried to do these things as he did was probably a result of him not having memories, having no heart (and so no possibility to feel bad for what he does) and a target he wants to get rid of (Xemnas). A comparison could be made to Lingering Will. It had just one goal in mind too (stopping Xehanort), but other than Marluxia it had still it's memories and so a part of Terras personality. Take those away and we could have a LW who would kill Xehanort if he had the choice between doing it and rescuing someone.

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
I'm hoping they'll have one on Demyx and Luxord have one, too. These are really good!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe it's kinda a Xion/ Roxas thing and someone or something had those memories, stopping them from going back to Lauriam/ Marluxia? As example if Dark Inferno was Ephemers heartless (Sora defeats it in remind following Epehemer appearing in the other timeline?) and he somehow got Lauriams memories (after Lauriam lost his heart?) it just wouldn't have been possible until after Dark Inferno (or whoever had them) was destroyed and the memories became free.

It was a little bit explained in the story. Marluxia was a traitor towards Xemnas, because he just couldn't be loyal to him. It could be, that he couldn't because he saw him as evil and as someone who his old self would have never worked under willingly. Marluxia wasn't aware of this, but he knew he had to do this. That he tried to do these things as he did was probably a result of him not having memories, having no heart (and so no possibility to feel bad for what he does) and a target he wants to get rid of (Xemnas). A comparison could be made to Lingering Will. It had just one goal in mind too (stopping Xehanort), but other than Marluxia it had still it's memories and so a part of Terras personality. Take those away and we could have a LW who would kill Xehanort if he had the choice between doing it and rescuing someone.
Marluxia mentioned having a memory of a flower. I feel like that's either his dead sister OR Elrena. Speaking of Elrena, the way that she comes off about not wanting her heart makes me think that she buried Lauriam's memories in her heart like some kind of secret. It really seems like they're on a mission together, I just wish we got more.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Marluxia mentioned having a memory of a flower. I feel like that's either his dead sister OR Elrena. Speaking of Elrena, the way that she comes off about not wanting her heart makes me think that she buried Lauriam's memories in her heart like some kind of secret. It really seems like they're on a mission together, I just wish we got more.
This character files was written by Kanemaki, and the novel flat out had him monologue "My little flower, Strelitzia". It HAS to be Strelitzia. Helps that as far as Lauriam has been shown, he's consistently shown to only truly cares for Strelitzia.

Back