• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH: CoM Game won't save...(GBA)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

celetii

Hi everyone,
I have had KH: CoM (GBA catridge) for a while and every now and then experience some faults when i try to save my game. This happened a few times when playing through Sora's story. I have finally completed Sora's story and as I went to start Riku's story I would synthesize a save room (forgot the name of the card;P) and would save. As i precaution i save a few times to avoid losing data, but as i went to save a second time the save file was blank and did not show the the date and time which I had made my last save... So i decided to see if the same thing would happen when i would play in Sora's story...so i entered my save file in Sora's story and the game would save prefectly without losing my data...

So basically i want to know...

If anyone has experienced this before?
If so, what have they done to overcome this?
And any other information is much appreciated
smile.gif

(BTW I am playing KH:CoM (GBA catridge) on my NDSL)

TrueRoxas527

Well, considering I've played my game on the NDSL as well and everything is fine, I'd say it is something with te cartridge that's the problem. It could have too much dust in it or it could have gotten damaged, or maybe it's a faulty game, either way it's definitely the cartridge, not the game itself.

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts
Hi everyone,
I have had KH: CoM (GBA catridge) for a while and every now and then experience some faults when i try to save my game. This happened a few times when playing through Sora's story. I have finally completed Sora's story and as I went to start Riku's story I would synthesize a save room (forgot the name of the card;P) and would save. As i precaution i save a few times to avoid losing data, but as i went to save a second time the save file was blank and did not show the the date and time which I had made my last save... So i decided to see if the same thing would happen when i would play in Sora's story...so i entered my save file in Sora's story and the game would save prefectly without losing my data...

smile.gif

May just be dirty in the game just put a few drops a of water on a Q-tip then clean it out.Hope its that simple.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Are you walking up to the crystal and saving or are you selecting "Quick Save" from the menu?
If it isn't that simple mistake, I guess your cartridge is just screwy.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
I think I had that prob too but instead when I was about to save it freezes. And it also did that in moogle shops, I dealt with it, only happened a couple times.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Hi everyone,

smile.gif

This happened to me, mine was dirty though. That or your cartridge hates you >.<

kairiismyBFFL

Website
www.youtube.com
I had a similar problem. I would be in Sora mode and when i would get to Destiny Islands i would not be able to save. It happened at least 2 times and i had to restart that memeory. IDK why both times it was when i got to Destiny Islands. It didn't happen in my other memory.

celetii

May just be dirty in the game just put a few drops a of water on a Q-tip then clean it out.Hope its that simple.

wahh~~ thankss:D

but when you say "clean it out" do you mean like to open it up(using a screwdriver?)? Or just getting into the catridge via the opening as far as i can?

celetii

Are you walking up to the crystal and saving or are you selecting "Quick Save" from the menu?
If it isn't that simple mistake, I guess your cartridge is just screwy.

Haha~ Yes i am walking up to the "crystal" and saving there but it still isnt keeping my saved data...:(

celetii

THANKS everyone!!

Thanks for all the replies and responses, i really appreciate it :)

Any more replies are much appreciated~~

billythecat128

Never happened to me...
Well I guess I got a loose chip problem, because after not touching the cartridge for a while
It suddently showed a text box when I turned it on, reading: "Your savefile is corrupt and has been deleted!". o_O

Now that's a real bummer after finishing both games completely! ^^;

I think in your case you should just clean the opening of the cartridge with a semi-wet cotton swab or a tissue.
Dirty metal pins don't transfer data very well! ;)

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Haha~ Yes i am walking up to the "crystal" and saving there but it still isnt keeping my saved data...:(

THANKS everyone!!

Thanks for all the replies and responses, i really appreciate it :)

Any more replies are much appreciated~~
Try not to double post, please.
Press "edit" next time.

:3

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
I'm glad I haven't had this; I often go extended periods without saving my games when I play. Often my goal is collecting cards, and I would hate to lose what I'd finally gained. I've never experienced any issues with saving or any glitches, and it's probably just some problem or another with the cartridge that you are experiencing, as others said. It's better if it's just dust or something simple to clean/have corrected. If not, well, I hope you don't lose too much or things work out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back