• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH for the PS Vita?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
5805867126_929c94209e_z.jpg

An editorial by Wehrmacht

At the Sony Press Conference a few days ago, Sony's new handheld (known until then as the NGP, Next Generation Portable), the PS Vita, was formally introduced to the world, with hardware specifications and a price tag. In addition to that, a press email has been sent around by Sony containing a list of developers pledging support for the Vita. Of particular interest to us is the fact that Square-Enix is in the list.

Obviously this doesn't mean that a Kingdom Hearts game is in immediate development or even in the conceptual stages at this point, but it certainly is a fun idea to think about. If given some thought, the platform could accommodate the series quite well in a number of areas.

To begin with, the Vita has a very small but also very important piece of hardware that every handheld so far, including its competitor, the Nintendo 3DS, is lacking: a second analog stick. You would be surprised at how much of a difference this makes in designing effective and comfortable controls. In the past the series' director, Tetsuya Nomura, has expressed his concern in replicating the KH experience as accurately as possible in whatever platform his team works with; with its layout closer to a traditional Playstation controller, the Vita would be able to simulate the series' gameplay more accurately than any of its handheld predecessors.

Secondly, the system's technological capabilities would be of great interest to the series. While not a technologically demanding game series by any means, the system's potential would still have plenty to offer a Kingdom Hearts game. For one thing, the fans' complaints of empty overworlds with a scarce population of NPC's could easily be addressed, allowing for much more immersive and detailed environments.

Finally, SE has much experience working with Playstation hardware. This would make developing a game on the Vita a much easier and straightforward process, which would mean that the game would both probably be of relatively good quality and finished expediently.

As things stand now, a Kingdom Hearts on the Vita is merely an idea. But who can say for sure what the future holds? The so called Birth By Sleep V 2.0 may have very well found its home...

Lady-Lee

Awards
im actually hoping for kh on Vita. I love my psp, but always hate the fact that there is only one analog stick, and that makes games like dissidia or bbs a pain to me. So I think it would be a great idea for SquareEnix to publish a kh game on Sonys newest system.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Kingdom Hearts on an OLED display.

I want.

Very much.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I fail to see how the second analog stick would make that much of a difference. It's true the PS2 has two of those but out of the games released so far, only 2 out of the 6 released (ignoring Re:CoM but pray tell - how was that analog stick used in that game?) bothered with it at all, when the first KH game used it to duplicate the D-Pad.
So we have, effectively - one game that gave it much importance. I dare say that at this point the L-R buttons reign supreme, seconded by the touch screen given Re:Coded and Days' utilization of it.

I overall don't want a game on the Vita since it means another hand-held. But if it's BBSv2 I'm partially ok with it since I kind of decided that if it's for the Vita, I can live with watching it online. Might change my mind, but that's my two scents on the matter right now.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As much as I despise it...I think it will be bound to happen...I'll just cross my fingers it will be an entry of the new saga that will come to the Vita first.

The Xehanort Saga is already spread out over different systems way to much...if they really need it, do simultan-releases on more than one platform.
I already own a SNES, PS2, PS3 and PSP beside my PC, someday a 3DS may join it...I don't need yet another friggin' new console.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm already planning on shucking out money for the 3DS so for a while...no. I'd wouldn't mind seeing a KH game on the Vita someday but atop of the 3DS and the new KH games comming out are going to make my pockets cry, so I'm hoping BbSV2 will come out on the PSP and any future KH games to come out on the Vita post-Xehanort Saga.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't be surprised, especially since they're pushing this puppy out pretty soon.

Erlix

Im totally fond to the idea of a PS VITA KH game. Just think of all the posiblilities :D Im already going to buy a Vita when it comes out cuz there are some really interesting games coming to it since launch can't wait! :3

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'm all for it. I'm already sold on the Vita so I might as well have a KH game on it. Releasing BBSV2 on the Vita makes much more sense than any other system. BBS was on PSP so it doesn't really make much sense to release BBSV2 anything other than a Sony handheld. It would be just plain stupid to make it for PSP if there is something much better out.

k99y77

Awards
yes hopefully they make one for the PSV 2 a second analog stick means we can go back to the good old days when we used to push the R button just to lock on, im sick and tired of pressing L+R just to lock on.

NeroAngelo1990

Chicago, while he eats a cookie and yells incohere
Website
www.facebook.com
yes hopefully they make one for the PSV 2 a second analog stick means we can go back to the good old days when we used to push the R button just to lock on, im sick and tired of pressing L+R just to lock on.

I agree with k99y77. it's gets really tiring when you have to use those buttons to lock on to an enemy and when you need to look around. I just hope they take it like they had with the original titles, when you had the Right Stick to view with the camera :)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
All for it. After seeing how Uncharted got around the limited controls by using the touch screen, touch pad, and gyro sensor? A KH game would have great controls, better than we saw on BBS and Days.

Rexy

Bronze Member
Oh i would like to see KH on the PSP, since the games of the PSP go for the PSVita so... i think

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would LOVE to see a KH game for the Vita. BBSV2 would be the likeliest candidate. But for those of you who worry too much about the KH games being spread on too many systems, don't worry. It will all probably be released in a KH HD collection for the PS3, seeing as they're now starting to make HD PSP games as well.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'd like to see BBSV2 on Vita but Vita needs more games so I'll be impressed by it. I still havent' seen enough of the console and it's capabilities to interest me.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Judging by the cross compatibility between Vita and PS3, odds are, if BBSV2 is made for Vita, it will also be on PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back