• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH goes platinum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

selfmadesoul

Website
www.selfmadesoul.net
I read this little bit of news on Game Informer's website. Sales and figures generally don't interest me much, but what it does say to me is that there's an even further increased possibility of a sequel.

“Kingdom Hearts II has sold through one million units in just one-third the time of that of the original, proving that fans were waiting to get their hands on the sequel,” said Daishiro Okada, President & COO, Square Enix, Inc. “The winning combination of Disney and Square Enix has done it again and we couldn't be happier with the results.”

“Kingdom Hearts II is the result of great creative teams coming together to make one of the most successful console games of the year,” said Graham Hopper, senior vice president and general manager, Buena Vista Games. “The success of this game is very exciting and we look forward to our continued collaboration with the team at Square Enix.”

xeanhort's ghost

i think that even though nomura said he was working on another title that the success of kh2 will make them change their mind and go on and make the next. nomura said he has something kh related to announce at E3 they may have even started like with movies when something is a quick sucess they put other projects aside to go on and work on a sequel. look at POTC for example they started making the sequel almost immediatley after the first

xeanhort's ghost

we all know disney hey this movie was a hit lets make a peter pan 6. so disney may have them go on and make it because SE is under a contract with disney and must do certain things in order to keep that contract and i think disney was the one that because of kh sales forced on the sequel. after kh1 they anounced both com and kh2 the next year and had screens already so i think they have already started.

selfmadesoul

Website
www.selfmadesoul.net
I guess all we can do now is cross our fingers. Like you hinted at above, it's only been 2 years between each game in the series. KH in '02, Chain of Memories in '04 and KH II in '06 ('05 in Japan, so even less time between!). If history is any guide, we might not have to wait as long as we think. However, I will say that we shouldn't hold our breath.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I read the Spectrobes article, it sounds too much like Pokemon. Well bravo to Square Enix and Disney, they've done it again. I bet they are already working hard on the conceptual part of KH3. Maybe a tiny trailer at E3 would be nice. Anything to make us get some more theory ideas.

xxluckycharm15

wow kingdom hearts is that good!!!!!!>!>!>!!>!>!> wow i love that game i already beat the game and i got the secert ending on standard mode if u did to.... plz just pm me a.s.a.p.

Chaos-Shadow

Shadow
Website
www.myspace.com
soraawakened said:
I read the Spectrobes article, it sounds too much like Pokemon. Well bravo to Square Enix and Disney, they've done it again. I bet they are already working hard on the conceptual part of KH3. Maybe a tiny trailer at E3 would be nice. Anything to make us get some more theory ideas.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! i dont want anymore theories i mean ull be seeing all these new threads made up by recently joined newbies, it will never stop! (;_; )

lol So any way just had to get that off my chest :)

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Well I mean the trailer might answer some questions. I want to see more of the knights. Or maybe other Keyblade wielders, or what happens to Sora and Riku, and King Mickey with his letter. Or what the chasers are. I just want to know!

Lunar Knight

American Person
I think that is a little hint of a KH related project.

That Spectrobes think does kind of sound like Pokemon except the real-time battle system and some other features.

getblazedordie

i dont think kh3 should come out too soon, but not too late, i think 2008 would be the best time for it, if they rush it they will prob have sum really bad parts in the game cause they didnt get to workl on it, if they start now, 2008 will prob be the best time

xeanhort's ghost

yeah the spectrobes does sound a little like pokemon but i will still play it and give it a chance i'd like to see how they use the touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back