• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH HD Collection adjustments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
These adjustments are needed for a KH HD Collection release, besides graphic and audio improvement:

KH1:

- Camera controlled by right analog stick
- Swimming and flying controls adjusted
- Final Mix extras added (Cutscenes, Unknown boss, Heartless, weapons, abilities, accessories, Ansem Reports, Gummi Ship missions, Deep Dive)
- Add Beginner and Critical modes
- Add scene skip option
- Add Theater mode
- Since Disney does not have rights to Tarzan anymore, Deep Jungle would have to be removed and the scene of the villains talking about Clayton would have to be adjusted.

KH2:

- Final Mix extras added (Cutscenes, world/gameplay changes, Limit Form, Org. XIII boss battles, Data boss battles, Roxas boss battle, Lingering Will boss battle, Cavern of Remembrance, Mushroom XIII Heartless, Puzzle minigame, weapons, accessories, Birth by Sleep, etc.)
- English voices added to extended Riku/Ansem and Roxas scene (taken from 358/2 Days)
- English battle crys added to Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, and Larxene boss battles (taken from Re:Chain of Memories)
- Add Critical mode
- Add Theater mode

KH Re:CoM:

- European release

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Deep Jungle wouldn't be removed. You can't remove things like that after the fact. Future distributions was probably covered under the contract.

I love the card system in Re:CoM but in my opinion, i think they shud remake Re:CoM into a normal kingdom hearts fighting style. I think that wud be MORE enjoyable.

That makes no sense.

noheartx

Yea i really doubt that we would get any kind of the FM add ons. For either game. It would be too much work for them, to translate and upgrade one of the FM games, or add everything and upgrade the original. I just dont see it happening.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yea i really doubt that we would get any kind of the FM add ons. For either game. It would be too much work for them, to translate and upgrade one of the FM games, or add everything and upgrade the original. I just dont see it happening.

Translation for most games doesn't take that long. Then the fact most of the translation is done if since both FMs are KH1 and KH2 with added scenes and bosses. It'd only take about two months for input.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I know! That's why I'm saying I would love to play Re:CoM without the card battle system :)

Without the card battle system, then some/most of the story makes little sense.
Cards represent memories, Summon Cards, Keyblade/Attack Cards, Item Cards.
They all represent the memories.

So removing it,

That makes no sense.

noheartx

Translation for most games doesn't take that long. Then the fact most of the translation is done if since both FMs are KH1 and KH2 with added scenes and bosses. It'd only take about two months for input.

But do you think they would even want to do that in the first place? I can't see them going that far for us.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
KH - skip cutscenes selection and maybe the option to use analog stick to look around you

KH II - dodge role early in the game that works like in the first game, if you hit on a enemy and then change direction with the stick towards another enemy you hit the other enemy (like in ReCoded and maybe BBS), being able to change what enemy you look onto with the R2 and L2.

and for both games, the final mixes

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If KH Remakes are apart of the Sony Remaster Campaign, then it will have extra content because that is part of the Campaign.

These adjustments are needed for a KH HD Collection release, besides graphic and audio improvement:

KH1:

- Camera controlled by right analog stick
- Swimming and flying controls adjusted
- Final Mix extras added (Cutscenes, Unknown boss, Heartless, weapons, abilities, accessories, Ansem Reports, Gummi Ship missions, Deep Dive)
- Add Beginner and Critical modes
- Add scene skip option
- Add Theater mode
- Since Disney does not have rights to Tarzan anymore, Deep Jungle would have to be removed and the scene of the villains talking about Clayton would have to be adjusted.

Camera control on Right Analog could be good, but I wouldn't care too much for it. Also, a lot of people didn't like using the D-Pad to select attacks and used the Right Stick instead. In KH2 I put the camera controls on the back buttons, so.

Swiming and Flying controls will probably stay the same.

FM Content has the biggest chance of happening. It's already created content that only needs to be translated. Would be the easiest of anything they do.

Beginner I swear in on there (there are 3 difficulties, right?) and Critical would be nice, but not necessary like it was with KH2FM. Its already pretty hard at parts.

Skip Scene option must happen. It's so annoying having to watch crap over and over when you die. I've seen the scene where Riku stabs Maleficent too many times.

Theater mode is a possibility, I guess.

Since it's a remake, I imagine they'd be able to use Deep Jungle. They were allowed to use it in the FM. Plus, taking it out would throw off how much you level up.

KH2:

- Final Mix extras added (Cutscenes, world/gameplay changes, Limit Form, Org. XIII boss battles, Data boss battles, Roxas boss battle, Lingering Will boss battle, Cavern of Remembrance, Mushroom XIII Heartless, Puzzle minigame, weapons, accessories, Birth by Sleep, etc.)
- English voices added to extended Riku/Ansem and Roxas scene (taken from 358/2 Days)
- English battle crys added to Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, and Larxene boss battles (taken from Re:Chain of Memories)
- Add Critical mode
- Add Theater mode

Everything said here is FM content, and will probably happen.

KH Re:CoM:

- European release

lol
KH Collection come to NA and Japan including KH, Re:CoM, and KH2, and coming to EUR with KH and KH2 only!

cassidy1991

Awards
Website
cassidy-morgan.deviantart.com
Not much work in updating them, guarenteed to sell, can't see a downside for them really.
They have to rewrite the code to render the models in a higher resolution. With the higher resolution, they have to re texture every menu, character, and environment that appears on screen. Plus the control issues we've got would require a rewrite of the original engines. But it could be as simple as editing sensitivity values, and reassigning button configurations.
And I'm not sure if they'd be this committed, but they might even go so far as to include MORE extras than the FM versions. But I'd be happy with an inside look at the creation process of a KH game, maybe even a sneek peak at KH3! But seeing how the KH team is hard at work fine tuning Versus 13, KH3 previews aren't the most likely of turn outs for an HD re release.
All I'll say is that if they're going to do it, they better decide fast. It'll take a good many man hours to re-texture all those things...
...Those KH guys deserve a vacation...

ChaosReaper

very good but i hope they just give us the Final Mixes and give the player an option to
boot the games with the FM's or play the originals

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah everything sounds about fine except for Critical Mode for KH1 that's not needed.

It was already a heartache to get through that game as a 12 year old kid I don't need that almost 10 years later lol.

Matter of fact if there is a critical mode skipping scenes is a must I'd really hate to be stuck on Tarzan early on listening to Clayton for about 10 hours lol.

Key to Truth

Awards
I think you guys are getting all wrong. If they ever do a KH HD collection it will just be a remaster, don't expect more than that. HD textures, better sound and possibily 3D effect. Don't expect readjustments in controls or even extras at all.

very good but i hope they just give us the Final Mixes and give the player an option to
boot the games with the FM's or play the originals

That's stupid, no offense. Why would you want to play non-final mix versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back