• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► [KH] Lie Beside Me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sadly, I can barely say anything about this, as this is merely a prologue for a chaptered fic I can only hope to continue, let alone post (though I already know a lot of it I'll have to link off site due to rating), but I'm still very much pleased with the initial concept and how this worked out. So, without further delay.

------------------------------------------

Lie Beside Me - Prologue

It was a beautiful night on the eve of the new moon. A silvery crescent shone down ever so faintly, joined by the deceitful glow of the billion stars adorning the indigo skies. A sight to behold, no doubt, one to take away the roughest man's breath.

To a teen in his mere 18th year of life, a silent, distant sigh was all he had to offer, for he was no stranger to the sight, you see, to the point of having grown tired of it. Oh, how so very tired the youth was. A yawn he no longer had the strength to struggle against burst through his lips before he forced himself to look back up at the stars.

How long has it been, he wondered, smiling bitterly as he spotted all the constellations he ended up knowing, as well as a few distant, barely visible stars he saw for the first time.

How long has it been since he last had a good night's sleep? How long since he laid his head on this pillow and knew that when next he'd awaken it would be due to the sun shining brightly through his window? How long since he had learned to expect to be greeted by the moon?

How long has it been since last he enjoyed peace of mind?

Haunted. That's how many would describe him. Haunted, taunted and endlessly tainted by dreams, nightmares… the ever present memories. While awake he could hold them at bay; occupy his mind, deny them… be so worn out that thought itself was a burden, a nuisance he could no longer be bothered with… it was easier that way, while awake.

Sleep pushed away the denial, the forced doubts… the hope that to him, there was still just that – hope. Sleep engulfed everything he held on to until it swallowed them whole, leaving him lost, abandoned, all alone with no light to guide him.

Sleep brought the Darkness that ate away at every last bit of his very soul, leaving him with less than it did before.

To the teen named after the ache separation from loved ones brought, death was more favorable than traveling down that wretched path again. And so, being left with no choice but to go on as he had for the past weeks, he leaned against the window's frame, accepting both the moon and the chilly night breeze as his company.

[For those who missed the reference, the teen named after the ache separation from loved ones brought => The pain of separation = Riku]

A

Azrael

I look forward to the next update! You amaze me each time you post a fanfic!

Silvertongue

*is puddle of goo on the floor*

i have no words for the joy I feel right now. All I can say is: HOMG SA Wrote a RiSo fic....:36:

*CARTWHEELS OF GLEE*

No, but seriously. I'm loving it already. Can't wait to read more.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*is puddle of goo on the floor*

i have no words for the joy I feel right now. All I can say is: HOMG SA Wrote a RiSo fic....:36:

*CARTWHEELS OF GLEE*

No, but seriously. I'm loving it already. Can't wait to read more.

...this isn't a RiSo. o.o;;; where did you see RiSo in here? Where did you even see So, it's only the Ri?
No, if you want any of my RiSo fics, click the ffnet link in my siggy.

Candylanger

Awards
Sadly, I can barely say anything about this, as this is merely a prologue for a chaptered fic I can only hope to continue, let alone post (though I already know a lot of it I'll have to link off site due to rating), but I'm still very much pleased with the initial concept and how this worked out. So, without further delay.

Meaning that we have to read it on a another site, like on your fanfiction.net? Either way, I hope that you will continue with this fic^^

Candylanger

Awards
Coincidentally, I'm also posting this on my FFN, so I'll probably link there, yes XD;;;

Started working on the first chapter today and have it planned.

I do hope I won't be lynched though :X

hehe, with your reputation, I don't think that you will be lynched that easily XD

? KB?

Alright! Is this your first non-oneshot?

It was a good read, it's been a while since I've read something a little angsty. I'm interested to see what happens next :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back