• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Novel Translations - Official Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Axel--Seven Days Game Novel translation

Poor Axel; he just doesn't have the luck, does he?
Also interesting, that Zexion didn't report DiZ, but Axel noticed him? Very strange, very strange...

I kinda thought it meant that the report never got sent in the end, because Zexion and everyone else got killed before they sent it... but it's open to interpretation!
....Plus, I didn't phrase it clearly. >_< *edits*
In the manga, Marluxia, Larxene and Axel had these big computer screens with security cameras that they used to monitor Sora. Maybe Axel saw him on one of those?

Avens

True, but I already have a crazy theory about this, so I picked it out immediately. But to elaborate a little, according to DiZ's Reports, he'd been going to CO several times to spy on the Organization. Isn't it odd, that during CoM Zexion picks out Riku, and even the fake Maleficent, but never mentions DiZ? Also, even if Axel saw him on the snowglobe, the basement members had one too, they were closer, and Zexion has the power to find people by scent.

And in the translation, Axel's first line is 'Did the invader report from Castle Oblivion come from Zexion?'
Now, if Axel already knew that Zexion was preparing a report, wouldn't it have come up during his explanation when he returned from CO if the Organization had gotten it, to collaborate his story? Probably, but then why ask now? So, it's better to read this, I think, as 'Who wrote the Castle Oblivion invader report?', with the obvious follow question being, Why wasn't DiZ mentioned?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
~

...in the translation, Axel's first line is 'Did the invader report from Castle Oblivion come from Zexion?'
Now, if Axel already knew that Zexion was preparing a report, wouldn't it have come up during his explanation when he returned from CO if the Organization had gotten it, to collaborate his story? Probably, but then why ask now? So, it's better to read this, I think, as 'Who wrote the Castle Oblivion invader report?', with the obvious follow question being, Why wasn't DiZ mentioned?

Yeah... you're right. I had a good look at the line and that's how it is phrased. I don't know what it means... what do you think it means? (I mean, what's your theory you mentioned? *_*)

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE IT!!!!!

He stood in front of it, and turned back. "Aren't you going to ask how Roxas is?"

But Saïx gave no reply.

Best. Exchange. Ever. I actually burst out laughing, though I'm a bit surprised that Axel would ask that question. You'd think he'd realize by now that aside from Xion (and possibly Demyx or Xigbar), he's the only one in the Organization who really cares about Roxas.

Isn't it odd, that during CoM Zexion picks out Riku, and even the fake Maleficent, but never mentions DiZ?

No, because I'm pretty sure that the scent of the fake Maleficent was DiZ. Zexion also says, "The scent belonged not to Maleficent, but to a very convincing double." We already know that in the very beginning it was DiZ disguising himself as Ansem to give him the cards and such, and only later did Riku realize that there were two different Ansems running around. So perhaps it was DiZ pretending to be Maleficent too.

Avens

No, because I'm pretty sure that the scent of the fake Maleficent was DiZ. Zexion also says, "The scent belonged not to Maleficent, but to a very convincing double." We already know that in the very beginning it was DiZ disguising himself as Ansem to give him the cards and such, and only later did Riku realize that there were two different Ansems running around. So perhaps it was DiZ pretending to be Maleficent too.
Alright, but Zexion also says, 'the double is no more' right afterwards, and I think it''s pretty clear that it was just Riku's memories. Besides, would DiZ really dress up as all the villians of Riku's past, and subsequently get beat up by him on every floor? Yeah...

KeybladeK 35

Alright, but Zexion also says, 'the double is no more' right afterwards, and I think it''s pretty clear that it was just Riku's memories. Besides, would DiZ really dress up as all the villians of Riku's past, and subsequently get beat up by him on every floor? Yeah...

Yeah I sorta find this odd too :confused:

Maybe the reason why Zexion did'nt report DiZ was maybe he knew who he REALLY WAS, you know with DiZ being Ansem the Wise and the fact that he was his apprentice, along with the other 4

IDK, it's a guess, I could be wrong

It's still odd though :confused:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

...Zexion did'nt report DiZ was maybe he knew who he REALLY WAS, you know with DiZ being Ansem the Wise and the fact that he was his apprentice...

I still think that Zexion didn't report DiZ because he died before he wrote/finished/sent his report...

Still, doesn't explain why Axel didn't tell the others about DiZ when he returned. I mean, in the part I translated, Saix had no idea who DiZ was, didn't even know his name... and Saix seemed to be the one in charge of the whole bring-Roxas-back mission (even though he opposed it).

Avens

Well, see, I think Axel got back and did his whole: 'Sora came and killed everyone, and I'm the sole survivor!' thing, and then it proceeded like a Red Scare Trial...
Xem.: Well, gee, Axel, some people think you might be lying, but we can deal with this no problem, right? Are you, or have you ever been, a traitor of Organization XIII?
Axel: Nope.
Xem.: Well, it just so happens that we have these invader reports from CO. Could you explain why Marluxia didn't notify us right away?
Axel: (worried) Well, Marly was a traitor? And I needed to get his trust?
Etc., with Axel assuming they knew a lot. So DiZ didn't get mentioned.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Well, see, I think Axel got back and did his whole: 'Sora came and killed everyone, and I'm the sole survivor!' thing, and then it proceeded like a Red Scare Trial...
Xem.: Well, gee, Axel, some people think you might be lying, but we can deal with this no problem, right? Are you, or have you ever been, a traitor of Organization XIII?
Axel: Nope.
Xem.: Well, it just so happens that we have these invader reports from CO. Could you explain why Marluxia didn't notify us right away?
Axel: (worried) Well, Marly was a traitor? And I needed to get his trust?
Etc., with Axel assuming they knew a lot. So DiZ didn't get mentioned.

Oh, Axel definitely lied his way into it somehow, thought he might have a head-in, or be clean. But as you can see, nobody was really fooled [I mean, seriously, "lollolololSora went and killed everyone, and I coincidentially happened to be the only survivorlolololol Isn't that great?!"], except Saïx, because I think he was the main brains behind what Axel had done as a order, or what we are put to think considering they seemed very buddy buddy, ignoring the fact that Saïx goes out of his way to kill him later on, and in one scan, Axel questions if that was really Xemna's words, or Saïx's own. So I'm believing those two conspired to some extent. I think that in Last Minutes To Castle Oblivion, Lexeaus and Zexion were talking about how Xemnas had sent the three suspicious ones to the top floor, which was Marluxia, Larxene, and Axel, and I suppose, was setting them up to get killed? Which was a douche move in Xemnas's part if it was true. Personally, I think having only Axel survive CO was a ass move by the creators and Nomura themselves as well, because I think one more could have sufficed, and it clearly showed some personal bias.

That aside, it would be funny if Saïx ended up saving Axel by providing to keep watch of the traitor, and do his thing, and he merely survived by chance himself. And then Saïx runs to kill him in the future. Kind of neat xD. "Lol, you were working for me, but now you're getting in the way of my goal, so you die, besh! :mad:."

My question is why they kept Axel so long if he had shown traitorous intent from the get-go.

I mean, from what I've seen, it appeared to be a very predictable action that they were aware of.

Avens

That aside, it would be funny if Saïx ended up saving Axel by providing to keep watch of the traitor, and do his thing, and he merely survived by chance himself. And then Saïx runs to kill him in the future. Kind of neat xD. "Lol, you were working for me, but now you're getting in the way of my goal, so you die, besh! :mad:."
Yes... that's exactly what I'm thinking.

My question is why they kept Axel so long if he had shown traitorous intent from the get-go.

I mean, from what I've seen, it appeared to be a very predictable action that they were aware of.
Axel survives because he has Saix's protection, and by the end of CoM (I don't know about before) Xemnas trust Saix completely.
Here is part of my theory goldpanner, if you wanted:
http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dgzcpwb8_2c3h8fddr&revision=_latest

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Last part of Chapter 6 now up! Thankyou for supporting me all the way, guys! <3 Please enjoy it

*Siftysifty*

Avens, is there any other way i can look at your theory? I don't have a google docs account...

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

What the hell went on with Roxas there? Did he do that on purpose in the fight, having to faint, and then hit Axel right when he caught him from falling? Because that would be mighty foul. Or did he have something truly wrong with him...?

It didn't specify.

No matter when I see the dusks--to see those guys, nobodies like me--destroyed, it doesn't feel good.

Makes me think about how someday I'll be erased in the same way.

Is this the same guy who mercilessly killed Vexen and Zexion with a smirk on his face? Because, honestly...

EDIT: Saïx smiled...?

OMFG...

Last edited:

Deilnax

Awards

"Cheap piece of crap device," Axel muttered, and kicked a desk left in the room with all his might.

Wow, it even explains why that desk in the twilight mansion was broken. When examining it in the game it just said "it must have been destroyed by someone really powerful" or something like that.
Kinda shows how much the devs had to take out of the game.

anyways, thanks a lot for translating it, was a fun read!

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What the hell went on with Roxas there? Did he do that on purpose in the fight, having to faint, and then hit Axel right when he caught him from falling? Because that would be mighty foul. Or did he have something truly wrong with him...?

It didn't specify.

Nope, it didn't. But the way I read it, he seemed pissed off when Axel caught him (I could maybe have translated it as 'Axel instinctively hugged/held down/held back/pinned/embraced/squeezed the Roxas who fell against him,' if you want to look it up yourself the word was 抱きとめる)... so I think Roxas was retaliating to that. Do you think I should change it...? I was just trying so hard to leave out my fangirl biases and not make it sound gay, maybe I lost the original meaning...

Is this the same guy who mercilessly killed Vexen and Zexion with a smirk on his face? Because, honestly...

I thought the same thing when I read it... although, I was thinking more how sad it was how fragile Axel had become, when he used to be so badass.

...Or maybe, Ms Kanemaki is just a wooby fangirl

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

Just when you thought Axel was starting to get old you start loving him again thanks a bunch man.

KeybladeK 35

Yay another Chap X3

Poor, poor Axel, I want to hug him SO BAD!!! DX ( The whole Axel catching Roxas in the arms thing, I'm a huge Axel fan, I almost screamed when that happen, but I know you weren't trying to make it sound gay, but it's hard to resist sometimes right XD, but seriously, it's not like that though )

Saix smiling? OMFG!! I'm starting to think that Saix is actually liking Axel's sarcasm a bit, but that wouldn't explain why he would kill him later though >_<

Keep it up!! XD

Kiwise

Saïx smiled...? Not an evil-psychotic-slasher smile, like a real one?
Yay. >w<
I was under the impression Saïx and Axel had always hated each other. I guess not. That's interesting.

Huh. That thing with Roxas was weird. Could it have been, like, a sudden flashback or something?

Thank you so much for translating this!

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Nope, it didn't. But the way I read it, he seemed pissed off when Axel caught him (I could maybe have translated it as 'Axel instinctively hugged/held down/held back/pinned/embraced/squeezed the Roxas who fell against him,' if you want to look it up yourself the word was 抱きとめる)... so I think Roxas was retaliating to that. Do you think I should change it...? I was just trying so hard to leave out my fangirl biases and not make it sound gay, maybe I lost the original meaning...

I don't know how I'm going to translate that Japanese thing, considering it's gibberish xD. I don't really think it needs changing, I just don't understand what the hell went on in that instant. I mean, I would get if Roxas was holding his head, and had one of his moments, but he just was about to fall over and faint all of a sudden. And then he just...hit Axel as if everything was suddenly okay. And, I don't know how one will get angry if someone was trying to hold you back or caught you from falling straight into the floor in impact. It's kind of like that Trust test. Where you turn your back, and you let go, and let yourself fall to see if the person behind you catches you, or lets you hit the ground. It depends on both, if the person who catches will let you fall for the lolz, and if the person who's letting him/herself fall trust him/her to really catch them.

Axel did just that, and didn't let him get hurt, or was concerned. It's still kind of a besh move for Roxas ^^. But, then again, he's Roxas...>.>.

It might make sense once we read his Roxas - Seven Days, and have it from his view.

I thought the same thing when I read it... although, I was thinking more how sad it was how fragile Axel had become, when he used to be so badass.

...Or maybe, Ms Kanemaki is just a wooby fangirl

Yeah, but it has been shown even through Days that he wasn't really bad ass. So he's contradicting himself there if he feels for "Nobodies like him" >.>, and then had basically eradicated Zexion and Vexen with as much as heartlessness as Saïx.

Deilnax said:
Wow, it even explains why that desk in the twilight mansion was broken. When examining it in the game it just said "it must have been destroyed by someone really powerful" or something like that.
Kinda shows how much the devs had to take out of the game.

When was that? I don't remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back