• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Novel Translations - Official Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: KH2 Novel Translations - Official Thread

Hmmm I haven't heard of it.... and I definitely haven't done it myself. I only have the first KH2 novel, and I haven't finished it yet. If you knew which volume it was in, I could try and get it...

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

do you know how to buy stuff at amazon japan? you could buy it there.

also i would like to apoligise to you for deleating your comments on khfanficrantts

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

Hmmm I haven't heard of it.... and I definitely haven't done it myself. I only have the first KH2 novel, and I haven't finished it yet. If you knew which volume it was in, I could try and get it...

I've read the translation of a scene, wich could be the one mentioned above.
It goes something along the lines of:

{In the old Mansion, Riku (In Ansem SoD form) and Naminé are talking. Suddenly, they are ambushed and surounded by Nobodies, and out of a dark portal appears an Org. member, the leader, Xemnas.
"Run Naminé!" Riku shouts, and Naminé dissappears.
"It's been a while since I'e seen that face." Says Xemnas. "How is it? That Body is quite good. Is it not?"
"It's the worst!"
Xemnas laughs, Riku takes out Souleater, and they clash weapons.}

As far I understood from the guy that translated the scene, it was the final chapter of Vol. 3, but I could be wrong.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member

I've read the Secret Ansem Report Short Story: Roxas-Somewhere In Time. The story was awesome. Keep up the good work can't wait to read more.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

do you know how to buy stuff at amazon japan? you could buy it there.

also i would like to apoligise to you for deleating your comments on khfanficrantts

I do know how to buy stuff off Amazon.jp, and I think once I'm done with the Days novels I'll finish the KH2 ones. I just find Sora's stuff hard to translate because I hate trying to make Donald and Goofy sound like they usually do D; *is not good at Americanised dialogue*

Apology accepted <3

I've read the translation of a scene, wich could be the one mentioned above.
It goes something along the lines of:

{In the old Mansion, Riku (In Ansem SoD form) and Naminé are talking. Suddenly, they are ambushed and surounded by Nobodies, and out of a dark portal appears an Org. member, the leader, Xemnas.
"Run Naminé!" Riku shouts, and Naminé dissappears.
"It's been a while since I'e seen that face." Says Xemnas. "How is it? That Body is quite good. Is it not?"
"It's the worst!"
Xemnas laughs, Riku takes out Souleater, and they clash weapons.}

As far I understood from the guy that translated the scene, it was the final chapter of Vol. 3, but I could be wrong.

Thank you! I hope to do that book someday *A*

I've read the Secret Ansem Report Short Story: Roxas-Somewhere In Time. The story was awesome. Keep up the good work can't wait to read more.

Thank you ♥ Keep an eye on HEARTSTATION.ORG, too, cause Olivia made a really pretty layout for them :D

Siru Drawoh

Awards
Re: Axel--Seven Days Game Novel translation

It's just hard because my free trial of microsoft word ran out and I have to use the town library to type it up. I tried downloading open office but it didn't work...
Thankyou for the nice comments, it makes me feel 100 times more motivated to get my ass down to the library sooner!

What version of Microsoft Word is it? If it's the one before 2007 (2003 I think, the one made for XP), I can give you my CD Key from my copy. I bought it one year out of boredom and so far have shared it with my entire school (until they got 2007, which I deeply despise.)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Thank so you much, but since then, I managed to scrounge a copy (in the same way your entire school seems to have XD). You're so kind for offering!

Siru Drawoh

Awards

Glad you got a copy. I like helping people (to an extent) so it was no problem to offer. I've got the entire Office package. It's useful (until someone installs Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage on your computer and says it's not a legitimate copy even though you paid full price for it...)

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk

Quick question for people interested in novel translations:

I was just idly thinking about what I plan to translate and in what order. Personally I want to do them all as a long-term project, but I would want to do ones people might be wanting to read earlier.

To lazy to create a username on LJ so I hope you don't mid I answer here.

So far my to-do list goes:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Vol. 2 Go to the Sea (2/6 chapters complete woo)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Vol. 3 Xion-Seven Days (release date 28th May~)
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Reverse/Rebirth (basement gang *A*)
Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 1 Roxas-Seven Days (uhh... prologue complete? woo? thank you hcb_chibi ♥♥♥♥)

These are the novels I don't own but am planning to buy off Amazon.jp someday:
Kingdom Hearts Vol. 1
Kingdom Hearts Vol. 2
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 1
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Vol. 2
Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 2 The Destruction of Hollow Bastion
Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 3 Tears of Nobody
Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 4 Anthem--Meet Again/Axel Last Stand
Kingdom Hearts Short Stories Other Diamonds

Also, I own and have done most of this novel:
Kingdom Hearts Short Stories Two Axel-Seven Days
I haven't done two chapters of it because they are recounts of the Pridelands and Halloween Town levels in KH2, not anything new, but I'm starting to want to do them anyway just so I have the whole thing nice and complete. If people are dying to know what Sora was thinking during those levels, I'd push that up in the to-do list ^^;

I would like to see Reverse/Rebirth-(The one with "The Battle for Hollow Bastion/1000 Heartless battle")-Sora VS Riku.
The rest you can do what ever order you like, I'm gonna read it all anyway.
:)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Of course I don't mind~

I think 'the battle for hollow bastion' would be in the KH2 novels, wouldn't it...? I'm not sure, but I will definitely be translating reverse/rebirth soon!

BrightEyes

Of course I don't mind~

I think 'the battle for hollow bastion' would be in the KH2 novels, wouldn't it...? I'm not sure, but I will definitely be translating reverse/rebirth soon!

this is awesome! finding this basically made my day... =D

B

brownyadon

I was following the translation from the starting of the thread. It is just useful. I really enjoyed reading. If I talk about KH then I'm very sentimentally attached to my own copy, which looks like it's been run over by a bus because I carry it almost everywhere with me.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm very glad you enjoyed them :3

Have you read all the things on my blog? If you click either of the links (heartstation or staygold) you can read everything I've done up until recently :D

My books look very shoddy too!! I use them way too much XD; and I draw in them as I translate, which is bad! lol

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Thank you so much :D That really makes my day~

I'm glad you're enjoying them!!

flurryflames

Wow this is awesome. I feel I get to know the behind the scenes in the game. Thank you very much for translating. ^_^

Sakulily

*bookmarks this thread*

Gonna' read this sometime soon, thank you for this! ^_^

Mlle. Monarch

Omigosh! I just want to post a quick reply to say how impressed I am with all this! I've been studying Japanese for almost two years now and my translation skills are nowhere near good enough to take on a whole novel, let alone multiple! o.o I have a copy of the first 358/2 Days manga and I can follow what's happening, but the illustrations help a lot.

Thanks so much for making these translations public! I'm going to devour them ASAP! ;D

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Thank you so much!! I'm still studying too, so let's both do our best ;D

And I hope you enjoy them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back