• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Positivity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
It's been a while since I've posted in these forums and I think after the new trailer, we could use some positivity right now. So what are the things you actually really love about KH? Personally, I love the overall style of the franchise and how the characters contrast with the Disney and Final Fantasy aesthetic.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Hearing peppy Disney characters talking about darkness and similarly negative aspects is always hilarious. Donald's voice in general is great.

Soldier

Awards
Even though this series is kind of burning me with it's absurd requirements for getting trophies, I cant bring myself to hate it, I feel the best aspects are visiting traverse town and flying in Neverland.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I love KH and will love it forever, I declared my love in many love letters cough I mean threads/replies till now but why not again
so
Lovin' kinda everything except the game mechanics for some battles, sometimes (to quote Vanitas, when they are "Too slow"), but hey it's like the only series I speak so much about since high school, might as well tattoo the KH logo on my arm with the real bad pun that only KH fans will get " heart MoM "

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just really love the characters and the convoluted story, I can't bring myself to actively hate them (except for a few… exceptions when it comes to characters). The music is also always pretty good.

Alja

The characters are lovely. I love the designs so much and the main characters have great personalities (even if some need to be fleshed out more, like Kairi, her general characterization though is great).

The music is amazing, it carries so much weight and emotion.

The games are innovative - look at all the forms Sora changes into, I'm so sad this aspect has been missing for so many games and I am thrilled to see that with Toy!Sora, different world forms are a thing again.

Disney. Yes, some people may say it is stupid and childish (obviously those who try so hard to be "mature"), but I love those parts. I'm only sad that they stopped to really involve the Disney stories over the course of the series. Sora & Co started to feel more like by-standers instead of being the driving force of the stories and I hope KH3 will bring KH back to the roots!

I love the concept of the story! Light and Darkness, seemingly a good and a bad side, and yet even in KH1 we already see that nothing is as black and white as we think it is (and I am hoping this will come up again in KH3 because now it doesn't only apply to Riku but also to Terra and maaaaaybe Sora? Depending on whether we get Norted Sora for real or not, but then again, we got the former Nobodies as "Darkness" that isn't that bad at all). I love to call KH the "better Star Wars" for that reason - and it would be amazing if it really started to delve into that topic, but maybe this will come up in the next saga.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is a passion project, and it really shows with how Square Enix went above and beyond with the hardware they use to represent each entry. I love Kingdom Hearts because it's a love letter to Disney, with the occasional flavor of Square Enix flair. That, and the fact that a Disney game can be considered "complicated" is so funny that it's enjoyable.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Honestly I love when the story commits to insane. DDD's third act was amazing for me because it was just so crazy and unapologetic. That's the flavor I want from Square.. Leave the existential angst out and tell a decent story for two acts, and then just go crazy at the end.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I love the first chapter to death. It's quite possibly one of my favourite things ever, something I have no shame or fear in calling a work of art when it comes to story, atmosphere and literal world building.

The overall cast not only helped me in learning English at a very young age, but was also my first awakening to the beauties of voice acting and recognizing voice actors.

I love the Keyblade's concept, and while a lot of theories and ideas about it turned out to be untrue, I still like to think about them.

Kingdom Hearts mantained my love for Disney and the movies strong for well over a decade. I probably wouldn't be this invested in watching the new movies if not for this franchise. And Disney's animated movies are also what introduced me to cinema in general.

I like Master Xehanort's character. I love almost peerless, all-powerful Overlords. The brief sequences when he splits the planet and grabs Ventus are still a treat for me.

Overall, I like the sense of nostalgia I get from the saga. Truth to be told right in this period I've noticed my love, interest and involvement in this franchise has dimmed... but it's been a constat presence in my life since I was 8, and I regret nothing.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
So many things, but if I start listing them all and explaining what KH means to me I'll still be writing this tomorrow. So I'm just going to say music, because that's the one thing above all I can't imagine KH without. That's the first thing that made me fall in love with KH1, hearing Destati. Shimomura is incredible and KH1&2 soundtracks are the bg music of my childhood, teen years aaand also adult life. I'll never get tired of them. The concert was one of the best things I've experienced and KH music really just captures the atmosphere, the feels, the epic moments and all the best things about the series into one thing. All my favorite fights and cutscenes, characters and good memories playing KH with my friends, the music is the one common thing for all of them that ties them together.

My fave pieces are Destati, Hikari orchestral, The Other Promise and Another Side Another Story btw. Honorary mention to Night of Fate.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I probably should have written way more than I did in my first post. Oh well~

Despite what people say I love the complicated story (for the most part). It's just...fun. It's a fun thing to experience. And it's really cool. Not many games have this type of story where each game is just a small part of one massive saga. I seriously loved Hollow Bastion from KH1 (and KH2 for that matter) with all the insane plot twists thrown at you. The fights have a lot of weight and emotion in them, and the music definitely helps convey that. Not to mention the graphics and gameplay too. It leaves you wanting to learn more, wanting to know what would possibly happen next. I do like the Disney aspect of it all, very much, but I mostly play to see the original characters and stuff like that.

Honestly I love when the story commits to insane. DDD's third act was amazing for me because it was just so crazy and unapologetic. That's the flavor I want from Square.. Leave the existential angst out and tell a decent story for two acts, and then just go crazy at the end.

This. Having everything go completely insane near the end is just so satisfying.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I guess you could call it nostalgia now, but when I first played KH I loved the fact that I could play as the hero that "helps save" my childhood memories of all the Disney movies I watched when I was younger. Also I enjoyed the fact that it introduced me to the JRPG genre by sparking my interest in FF and expanded my taste in video games, tv shows, etc. It was also the first series that made me care for the story, characters, and music instead of just how efficient I can kill stuff. I remember when I first saw the ending of KH1 I was shocked to see it end on such a cliffhanger and really wanted to know what the note said that Pluto was holding and what was going to befall Sora and Co. next.

If I could play KH each time like it was my first time that would be just the best thing ever.

Awards
The music, regardless of whatever flaws each game may have the music is something that I think all fans of the series can agree is good in every game.

Sorami_Eclipse

Awards
The story and the characters (besides the music, I've never cried and felt so nostalgic about music until this series)
I love that the series is just so confusing since you can make your own theories instead of it just being like "BAM IT'S IN YOUR FACE DON'T THINK ANYTHING ABOUT IT YEP THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED". And not to mention, it's plot is a deep and meaningful despite the fact it has Disney. And the characters- granted not everyone has a special place in my heart, I still appreciate what every character has brought to the series and how they have a trait we can find in ourselves or others so we can relate.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I've seen so many games and so many other games Nomura is a part of, but nothing, nothing else looks like Kingdom Hearts. From the start, this series had an aesthetic that I just can't find anywhere else. Its art style, its feel. It's something that could have only been done from combining Disney and Final Fantasy.

And as much as I hate on KH2, the animations in the game are phenomenal. The battle animations specifically are so much fun to watch. Too bad they can't be properly appreciated while you're focusing on playing. XD

Like, seriously, how many of you knew that Demyx would do this when hit:
tumblr_mvg7riqIk71sb529zo1_400.gif

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
And as much as I hate on KH2, the animations in the game are phenomenal. The battle animations specifically are so much fun to watch. Too bad they can't be properly appreciated while you're focusing on playing. XD

Like, seriously, how many of you knew that Demyx would do this when hit:
tumblr_mvg7riqIk71sb529zo1_400.gif

I did not, and that's amazing.
KH II switched a lot of attention for deatils from the plot and level design to the fights and gameplay.
And that's... a plus or a minus depending on the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back