• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
How many times did poor Ven get his memory taken from him?

When is Namine going to do something about it? We know for a (computer-logic) fact that memories aren't erased, it's just the links that give access to them have been cut or rearranged. Why are Roxas and Xion the ones getting their memories picked at by her and not Ven?

Will Chirithy's appearance prompt Ven to go looking for his past? Won't Aqua and Terra have questions when this funny little cat thing shows up?

D

Deleted member 252753

When is Namine going to do something about it? We know for a (computer-logic) fact that memories aren't erased, it's just the links that give access to them have been cut or rearranged. Why are Roxas and Xion the ones getting their memories picked at by her and not Ven?

Will Chirithy's appearance prompt Ven to go looking for his past? Won't Aqua and Terra have questions when this funny little cat thing shows up?
These are great questions, especially as Chirithy's appearance to Ven doesn't appear to have had any significance a year later (though maybe that's a false impression).

I wonder if Chirithy might have pretended that he didn't already know Ven and was just a lost creature who happened to wind up in the Land of Departure. I hope we don't have to wait too much longer to see pieces start to be out together.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
These are great questions, especially as Chirithy's appearance to Ven doesn't appear to have had any significance a year later (though maybe that's a false impression).

I wonder if Chirithy might have pretended that he didn't already know Ven and was just a lost creature who happened to wind up in the Land of Departure. I hope we don't have to wait too much longer to see pieces start to be out together.

The Limitcut story breadcrumbs to me: false impressions and lies. People (and Chirithys) are hiding things (and Chirithys). 🧐

Yes, I've also been wondering what kind of story Chirithy might have told about itself. I like the "pretending to just be a lost creature" idea.

I like the His Dark Materials flashbacks I'm having when I try to theorize about when and how Chirithy ended up in the Final World: daemons being cut off from their humans.

We still haven't seen Ven's Chirithy in UX right?

I am so excited for answers!

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Ventus freaks out whenever trying to remember anything beyond his years with the BBS cast. It is not a top priority of TAV to regain Ventus's lost memories right now and Ven himself is happy living in the present with Terra and Aqua as opposed to looking for answers on what his past was. Ventus likely is going to regain his memories, but it seems it will be more along the lines of his past life elements coming into the present, aka the Foretellers, MoM, Union X stuff, as opposed to him seeking them on his own.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Ventus freaks out whenever trying to remember anything beyond his years with the BBS cast. It is not a top priority of TAV to regain Ventus's lost memories right now and Ven himself is happy living in the present with Terra and Aqua as opposed to looking for answers on what his past was. Ventus likely is going to regain his memories, but it seems it will be more along the lines of his past life elements coming into the present, aka the Foretellers, MoM, Union X stuff, as opposed to him seeking them on his own.

Yes. That's my interpretation of Ven's state of mind, too. It's kind of empowering to choose to ditch the past and live in the present with one's reunited chosen family. (EDIT: Which is also why I think Aqua and Terra might view Chirithy as a threat, if they realize it's from the past.)

Perkilator

Awards
When I first played KH3 for real, I was expecting frame drops out the wazoo since 0.2 could barely keep 30fps on my base PS4. But...no, KH3 ran at a perfectly fine 60fps with only brief frame drops.

Guess 0.2 was poorly optimized.

Lulcy

Awards
Do nobodies (and heartless) feel hunger? Axel/Roxas/Xion eating sea salt ice-cream would suggest so, if they don't feel hunger they wouldn't feel the need of eating ice-cream.

Cumguardian69

Awards
The whole nobodies don't feel thing is a load of bunk, they definitely need to eat. If they didn't, they wouldn't show Axel and friends eating ice cream, lounging around, and other minor SoL details.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Do nobodies (and heartless) feel hunger? Axel/Roxas/Xion eating sea salt ice-cream would suggest so, if they don't feel hunger they wouldn't feel the need of eating ice-cream.
The whole nobodies don't feel thing is a load of bunk, they definitely need to eat. If they didn't, they wouldn't show Axel and friends eating ice cream, lounging around, and other minor SoL details.
I mean do any of the characters need to eat or feel hunger? Half of them that spend a year in sleeping pods, several days on bed rest, decades in chambers or darkness don't eat anything. Characters only seem to eat when the plot demands it. Remember when Kairi has Sora gather some seagull eggs? I don't know why, they never seem to need food lol.

Lulcy

Awards
Has Sora gone to eat dinner with his mother, yet? :rolleyes:

Still the biggest unresolved thread in the story.

Blizzard-

Awards
Speaking of Sora’s parents, there must be a point after Sora’s memories are restored that they remember they have a son after forgetting him for a year. I picture it as they were sipping piña coladas on the beach together then it hits them, “we have a son?!”

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Speaking of Sora’s parents, there must be a point after Sora’s memories are restored that they remember they have a son after forgetting him for a year. I picture it as they were sipping piña coladas on the beach together then it hits them, “we have a son?!”
Kind of like Hermione's parents?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I mean do any of the characters need to eat or feel hunger? Half of them that spend a year in sleeping pods, several days on bed rest, decades in chambers or darkness don't eat anything. Characters only seem to eat when the plot demands it. Remember when Kairi has Sora gather some seagull eggs? I don't know why, they never seem to need food lol.
We had one instance of a character feeling hungry, and that was Goofy at the end of the Land of Dragons, but I guess he forgot right after. lol

Why weren't Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka invited to the victory party at the end of KH3?
Tidus died after mistaking a landmine for a blitzball. Selphie and Wakka couldn't make it since the funeral was held on the same day.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I purpose that because Saix/Isa robbed Axel/Lea of his storyline to rescue his friends in KH3, that in KH4 or whatever game it happens in, Lea usurpers Isa and rescues Subect Sigil all by himself while the latter watches on from the sidelines and contributes nothing to the cause. It's only fair.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why did Goofy imply Cloud wasn't a native of Radiant Garden? Was that just a mistranslation?
Cloud is a world traveler, being in Olympus & all that. He could just have been visiting like Merlin & Scrooge. I always headcanoned that...

A. A Midgar/Gaia world does exist in the KH universe
B. The KH version of the world plot to Midgar/Gaia has already happened off-screen
C. Tifa died instead of Aerith in this universe version of FF7's plot (perhaps Tifa had pushed Aerith out of the way & took the hot herself)
D. Cloud is literally haunted by the memories of Sephiorth & Tifa due to his failure to save her

I had this theory since KH2 & now that FF7 is full-steam on alt histories it might actually end up canon.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Cloud is a world traveler, being in Olympus & all that. He could just have been visiting like Merlin & Scrooge. I always headcanoned that...

A. A Midgar/Gaia world does exist in the KH universe
B. The KH version of the world plot to Midgar/Gaia has already happened off-screen
C. Tifa died instead of Aerith in this universe version of FF7's plot (perhaps Tifa had pushed Aerith out of the way & took the hot herself)
D. Cloud is literally haunted by the memories of Sephiorth & Tifa due to his failure to save her

I had this theory since KH2 & now that FF7 is full-steam on alt histories it might actually end up canon.
How would Sora and co have seen Tifa though if she's just a memory? But I like the idea.

D

Deleted member 252753

How would Sora and co have seen Tifa though if she's just a memory? But I like the idea.
Fwiw, Nomura said the following about Tifa in the KH2 Ultimania, which backs the idea up a little:

---Speaking of Tifa, there's an event where she talked to Cloud after beating Sephiroth.

Nomura: In Nojima-san's scenario, it explained Cloud and Tifa's connection more in-depth but I deleted it away. I thought it would be more interesting to let the gamers think about it. For example, "If Cloud's darkness is Sephiroth, then Tifa is light"; in that sense you can take it that Tifa isn't really human. The reason Tifa doesn't talk to anyone else besides Sora and co. may be because she doesn't exist as a human. Of course, I also presented her in a way that she could also be a resident of Hollow Bastion, so I think you can freely think for yourself about her.

Back