• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hey.

Sounds cool, Keyblade King. Nice to see you back though. ^-^

Anyway, here's chapter five, just as promised. ^-^ And there's lots of KH:TFF stuff in here.

Chapter Five

The rest of the week dragged along for Sora, who was looking forward to their trip that coming weekend. Eventually, after three days that had seemed like an eternity, Saturday finally rolled around. It was another bright, sunny morning, perfect for a lazy day on a tropical island. There wasn’t a cloud to spoil the spotless skies, just the radiant glow of the soft, summer sunshine in the endless blue beyond. Sora looked out of the car window, his eyes alight with childlike joy as the buildings sped by. Then, he saw it. Their idyllic island, basking on the surface of the crystalline waves. He and Kairi pointed it out to Imari, who gazed out towards it expectantly. Riku smiled as he drove, eager to see his childhood island again.

They all couldn’t fit into the same boat, so took two across the short stretch of water. As they reached the shore, Riku helped Imari and Taiko out of the boat, before setting eyes on the island again.

He’d forgotten just how beautiful it was. True, the plants were a little overgrown, and it was obviously uninhabited, it still retained its enchanting splendour - an exotic paradise, just miles from his home. It was like a little corner of heaven, on earth for his own pleasure. Nothing had really changed there, something he was happy to see. He raised a smile, delighted to be back. He turned to see Imari, who seemed lost in her environment. She noticed him watching her, gave him a smile.

“This place is beautiful,” she grinned, pacing up the golden sands. Taiko was cradled in her arms. He was awake, clearly examining the surroundings with big blue eyes. Riku watched him, before turning back to the island.

It felt strange to be back, but in a good sort of way. Just standing there was perfect. Sora and Kairi were there on the beach with him, along with Imari, and little Taiko. Everyone that meant anything to him was on this island. If he had his way, that was where they would all stay. He felt wonderful just looking at all that surrounded him, felt overcome with emotion. At this point, he wondered why he hadn’t been back. As much as this island meant to him, he couldn’t help being reminded of all that had happened when he set foot on the golden sands.

He thought of almost giving in to the darkness, thought of sealing the door to Kingdom Hearts with King Mickey. He thought of being alone on Kactos, thought of being captured by the New Generation. He sat down, before falling back into the sand. Although, for every sad memory linked with this island, he had hundreds of happy ones. And he was determined to make many more that day.

“Happy to be back?” a voice asked from above. Opening his eyes, he saw Kairi’s silhouette against the blazing backdrop of the bright sky.

“Yeah,” he smiled, sitting up again. “Feels kinda weird, though.” He picked up a small shell, played with it for a moment. “But I guess it’s a good thing.” Kicking his shoes off, and pulling off his socks, he wriggled his toes in the golden sand. He smiled. It felt great to be home.

Not much was said that morning. If anything, their purpose there was to remind each other of their long-lost childhood memories, and to introduce Imari to what was once their entire world. To be fair, they didn’t really have to speak to show just why they loved this place so much - the island spoke for itself, with the whispered words of the waves, and the song of the watery sunlight. They spent a few hours just lying there, relaxing on the beach. Riku suddenly sat up, looked over his shoulder. The others noticed his movement, watched to see what he would do next. He stretched in the sunlight, before looking back down at them.

“I’m gonna go to the Secret Place,” he said, his voice quiet. This was something he was determined to do while back on the island, but it had taken him a few hours to ready himself. Seven years had been a long time, and he was unsure of how he’d feel on his return. Wrapping his arms around himself, he seemed nervous - not like Riku at all. The gentle breeze lifted silver locks from his face, revealing a mixed expression. He wore a half smile, but his slanted eyebrows gave way to doubts about his joy. The others nodded, thinking it was something he wanted to do alone. Riku suddenly glanced at Imari. “Will you come with me?”

“Me?” Imari seemed shocked. Why would he want her, over his two best friends? They knew this place better than she did. She wasn’t even entirely sure of what this place was. But, there must have been some reason - whether Riku would disclose this information was not known - so she nodded, in agreement. She jumped to her feet, dusting the sand from her dress. “Would you guys watch Taiko for us?” Kairi sat up, nodding at Imari. Her smile said that it would be her pleasure. With that, Riku led Imari down the beach.

Their footprints led to the entrance, where Riku allowed Imari to go in first. He took deep breaths, following her inside.

His memories danced in the shafts of blinding sunlight, blurring in with the shadowed walls. The little etchings coaxed fond memories from the back of his mind, bringing them up from the darkest corners of his perceptions. His hands touched the stone, fingering the little indents where raw images of their childhood days would forever remain. All was silent here, the only sound that of his breathing. He fell to his knees before Sora’s picture - the Gummi Ship, and three little people standing below. He gave a smile, immediately knowing who had done this drawing.

“Sorry, Sora,” he breathed sadly, a weak smile upon his lips, “but you won’t be getting that anytime soon.” Imari heard his mutterings, approached him. She didn’t want to sound ignorant, but at the same time, did not want to intrude on his reminiscing.

“It’s nice and cool in here,” she blurted out, without thought of what she was saying. She blushed, and Riku grinned, turning to face her.

“It is,” he laughed. “So do you like it?” Imari smiled, her gaze wandering over the stone walls.

“Yeah,” she smiled, but a glimmer of sadness lingered in her eyes. Riku picked up on this immediately, stood by her.

“What’s the matter?” he asked, gently touching her face. She shrugged.

“I feel… weird, being here,” she sighed, her hands grasping her crossed arms. “This place was special for you guys, you said you grew up here. It has nothing to do with me, really. I mean, these are your memories.” Riku gave a smile, turned to examine the walls.

There was an empty patch above Sora and Kairi’s drawing of themselves, exchanging a Paopu fruit. Riku picked up one of the littered stones, began to carve in the rock.

“What are you doing?” Imari asked after a few minutes, his etchings beginning to take shape. He looked over his shoulder.

“I want you to be part of my memories, too,” he said, before continuing with his drawing.

And soon, he was finished. It wasn’t much - after all, he wouldn’t call himself an artisan - but he seemed proud of it. He took a step back, wrapping one arm around Imari. It was very similar to Sora and Kairi’s - there was a little, long-haired face, next to a curly-haired face. And between them, a small, round face, with little tufts of hair. Imari smiled, recognising just what he’d drawn. She reached up, kissed his cheek.

“Thank you,” she smiled, taking his hand. “It’s perfect.” He kissed her again, holding her tightly in his arms. Face to face, their noses almost touching, he gazed into her eyes.

He and Imari had not known each other for very long - almost four years now - but were inseparable from the outset. From their first meeting, it was obvious that they were perfect for each other. She loved Riku’s sense of humour, and brazen personality. He loved her loving nature, and easygoing, straightforward attitude. It was no surprise to the others when it was revealed they were together. Riku played with her curly hair, gave her another, longer kiss. She giggled, looking into his deep, turquoise eyes. They didn’t even have to speak to express their love, even his gaze told her she was adored. She meant the world to him - their bond seemed unbreakable. Nothing would ever come between them.

Just as she leaned in for a kiss, they heard a shout.

“Riku!” Sora shouted, his voice muffled by distance. “Riku, get out here now!” Imari looked up at him, fear ablaze in her expression.

“Shh, do you hear that?” she whispered.

Both went silent again. A distant rumble shivered through the air, getting louder with each second that passed. It was booming above them now. Whatever it was, it was close. And it didn’t sound too friendly. Riku’s eyes widened.

“They’re out there,” he whispered. “Taiko’s out there.” Imari went white as a sheet, trembling. Throwing herself towards the entrance, she desperately tried to reach her baby. Riku grabbed her, almost throwing her back inside the cave. “You stay here, you’ll be safe. I’ll get Taiko, I promise.”

With that, he was gone, instinct taking over as he wildly scrambled back through the passage.

Imari dropped to the floor, fraught with worry. The rumble grew louder still, now almost deafening. She hoped with all her heart that everything would be ok, wished for Riku and the others to come running back, Taiko in arm. Now the noise was closer.

With a sudden, loud crash, everything went dark. Dust, and tiny particles of rock came flowing down from the cave roof. Curled up into a protective ball, Imari looked up from the cave floor. Something was blocking the holes in the roof. Breathing slowly, she shakily got to her feet. Taking slow, shivering steps, she proceeded to climb out of the Secret Place.

Shielding her eyes from the sunlight, she stepped back out onto the beach.

“Imari!” Riku called, running over. Taiko screamed, tears staining his chubby face. She ran towards him, taking the baby into her arms. He was wailing loudly, crying more than he’d ever cried before. She turned to see Kairi, Sora - and a huge ship. Her jaw dropped, unable to take in what was before her. She shielded Taiko, comforted him. Riku looked at her with a blank, speechless expression. She was intrigued by his face - he almost looked like he wanted to explain, somehow. Turning back around, she noticed Sora.

He had fallen to his knees in the sand - seemingly overjoyed at the sight before him. He held something in his right hand - a strange metal object, bearing a striking resemblance to a huge key. Kairi was at his side, but Imari could not see her face. Something wasn’t right. Everyone else seemed to recognise this great ship before them, looked at it without fear. But she didn’t. She looked back to Riku for an explanation, but he just shrugged.

Suddenly, a clanking noise was heard. A shot of steam whistled. Imari whirled around. The door trembled, opening up to reveal who - or what - was inside.

Hope you like it. Things are starting to pick up a little. Well, I hope so. ^-^

CC is appreciated!

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Darn cliffhangers. You're meeean, snow...

Anyway, it was an awesome chapter. It was more Riku-focused, it seemed like, and that was neat. And...wowzers, either they really really upgraded the Gummi Ship, or it's really really loud. It never seemed that "oh-my-gosh-it's-a-huge-ship" like inn the games, if that makes sense...But it was still awesome.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey!

Yeah, the first cliffy so far XD

It was more Riku orientated, I guess. I like writing about Riku, I didn't get much of a chance to in other fics. And the oh-my-gosh-its-a-huge-ship thing is Imari's reaction, really. A lot of the next chapter is her perception, too.

Sora and Kairi don't get too much attention... I always feel like I'm neglecting them. But I'll make up for it. Character balancing is always difficult.

Anyway, thanks for all the great comments! ^-^ Next chapter will be up in the next few days.

<3 <3

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
omegeh! That was awesome! It was suspense and romance at the same time! I lurve it! This is so good, GO SNOWDOG!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey everyone... Double post, oops...

'Kay, another chapter. I guess I should apologise for not posting as frequently as I did in the first one. I have a lot of schoolwork to do, which sucks. A lot. I found out today that my christmas break will be spent writing two essays and revising for an A-Level exam. -.-; And I've just spent three hours working on a project that three other should have been working on too. But they couldn't be bothered, so I had to.

Not much else to say about the chapter, but it's mainly from Imari's perception.

Chapter Six

“Sora!” the familiar voice rang cheerfully through the air, greeted by overjoyed laughter. “Kairi! Riku!”

Imari looked on as a flurry of white feathers, and a clumsy black blur knocked Sora to the ground. Her eyes wide with fear, she looked to Riku, wanting to know just what was going on. But he did not look back, ran over to join Sora and Kairi.

“It’s so good to see you!” Kairi squealed with delight, talking with the beings from the ship.

It was all happening so fast. Imari simply couldn’t comprehend what was happening. They got up from the floor, hugged Riku and Kairi in turn. Riku gave a grin, and Sora seemed too happy for words. Then the beings’ gaze settled on Imari, and the larger one came running over to her at full speed.

“Riku!” she screamed, terrified. It grew closer and closer, too close for her liking. Shielding her baby, holding him close to her chest, her instincts shouted for her to run. Looking back, she knew it was the stupid option, but she listened. Turning, she took off down the beach, sprinting as fast as her legs could carry her. She was exhausted after a short distance, but didn’t dare stop or turn around - fearing that this strange thing would catch up to her.

“Goofy!” she heard a voice from behind. “Goofy, stop!”

Her eyes widened as she reached a dead end. There was nowhere left to run now. Her heart thudded in her chest, engulfed in terror. Arms tightly wrapped around Taiko, she was determined not to let this being take him from her. She closed her teary eyes, braced herself for the worst.

But, she felt an unexpected, warm touch encircling her. She knew this touch, opened her eyes.

“It’s alright,” Riku whispered, his words comforting to her ears. He wiped the tears from her eyes, kissed her cheek. “It’s okay, I promise.” Imari turned around, breathing deeply. She slowly looked up, saw the being smiling, stood behind him.

“Imari, this is Goofy,” he explained, an arm firmly wrapped around her shoulder. “He’s our friend.” She seemed afraid to look at first, but was much calmer with Riku by her side.

“I ain’t gonna hurt ya,” Goofy grinned. “Nice to meet ya.” He seemed curious about the baby, his eyes wandering back and forth between Taiko and Riku. Imari noticed his gaze, and cautiously held Taiko tighter. Afraid, she turned from Goofy, shaking all over. Riku frowned.

“Give us a minute, Goofy,” he said, before turning to Imari. Goofy scratched his head, but left anyway. Imari peered over her shoulder, waited until Goofy was gone.

“What’s going on?” she whispered, her voice trembling. Strange beings had fallen from the sky in a huge ship - and Riku seemed to be friends with them.

“I told you, it’s alright,” Riku repeated. “They’re our friends, there’s nothing to be worried about.” Imari’s eyes widened.

“But… they landed here, in that ship!” she protested. “That’s something I wouldn’t regard as alright!”

Riku sighed. All he’d tried to keep from her was about to come gushing out. But he wanted to wait before telling her. Plus, Taiko was crying again, most likely terrified at what was going on.

“Just trust me on this, okay?” he said, gently touching her face with a loving hand. “I’ll explain everything later. They‘re good friends of ours, and we haven‘t seen them in a long time.” Imari gave a small sigh, nodding slowly, before her focus returned to Taiko. She soothed him, gently rocking him in her arms. Riku began to walk her back over to the group, one arm around her waist.

Kairi waved Imari and Riku over as they rejoined the group. Sora seemed deep in conversation with the two, but stopped talking as their attention turned to Riku. Imari blushed, slightly embarrassed at her actions. Taiko had calmed down now, sensing his mother was not so fraught anymore. He was awake, but drowsy. His mottled, pink face looked around, his smoky eyes examining everyone around him. Riku was keen for her to get more acquainted with their friends, quickly tried to include her in conversation.

“You didn’t introduce them,” he smiled at her, his voice warm and inviting. Imari looked up at him, seemingly confused. Riku smiled again, gesturing to take little Taiko from her arms. She reluctantly obliged, and was left feeling awkward as he proudly showed off his son.

“Riku, he looks just like you!” a voice squawked. Riku grinned, happy to hear this. He turned a little, so he could see Imari too.

“Imari, this is Donald,” he introduced her, gesturing towards the little feathered being at his side. Not wanting to make her first impression even worse, Imari quickly responded.

“Nice to meet you,” she smiled, politely holding out a hand. Donald quickly shook her hand, wanting to seem friendly to her. Imari turned to Goofy, taking a deep breath. “I’m sorry I ran from you,” she blushed. “I, I thought you were going to hurt Taiko.” Goofy gasped.

“Taiko?!” his shout startled the others. “Taiko is his name? After, uh, Foris Taiko?” Imari raised an eyebrow, seeing the reaction her baby’s name had given the group. Riku simply nodded. “Wow! I’m sure he’d be real happy to know that!” Imari looked at Riku, her gaze asking just who this ‘Foris Taiko’ was.

Later,” Riku mouthed.

At this point, Sora broke back into the conversation, noticing some tension between the others. He could barely contain his excitement.

“So what brings you guys here?” Sora asked hopefully, hands behind his head. His fingers were lost in spiky brown hair.. “Just a trip?” Donald rubbed his beak.

“Well, yes and no,” he stated. “Depends on what you say.” Sora’s eyes narrowed. He sat down in the sun-warmed sand, gestured for them to sit, too.

“Have you seen King Mickey anytime recently?” Goofy asked. They all shook their heads, except for Imari. Well, she had no idea who this mysterious King was.

“Oh,” both Donald and Goofy seemed saddened by their answer. Sora seemed confused.

“But… why?” he asked. “We all haven’t seen him in seven years.” Donald sighed pensively.

“He’s missing,” he explained. “Left without so much as a goodbye.” Kairi’s blue eyes shone with emotion.

“Not even a reason?” she asked. Goofy instantly shook his head. “How sad… Queen Minnie must be upset about it.” Donald snapped his fingers, pulled a small piece of paper from under his hat.

“This was all she could find,” he explained, handing it to Sora. He read it aloud.

I must leave you for a while, my dear.

Call it foolish if you must, but I have a strange feeling nowadays. I fear the darkness is back. I do not know how. I do not know where. And I do not know why. But know this.

It must be stopped.

There was a short silence after Sora finished reading - they were all lost in thought, wondering just what King Mickey meant. Crashing waves met the silence, washed it away.

“So we’re lookin’ for him,” Goofy concluded. “Been all over searchin’, but no sign of him yet.” They sighed.

“When did you last see him?” Riku asked, leaning back on his arms. Donald shrugged.

“A few weeks ago,” he replied. He sighed again. “We’re all worried about it though.” Kairi nodded, rubbing her chin.

“He did say he thought the darkness was back,” Kairi reminded him. Imari stayed quiet, but listened in on all that was going on. It wasn’t really any of her business, but she couldn’t help but eavesdrop. Goofy nodded.

“That was kinda why we came here,” he revealed. “We had a favour to ask of you guys.” Their brows furrowed at Goofy’s words.

“Well, of Sora, anyway,” he added. “If there really is something going on, then the King can’t fight alone.” Sora’s eyes widened. “We were wondering if you’d help us find the King.” Sora’s jaw dropped. It seemed his wish had come true, all he had hoped for was finally happening. The return of darkness did not sound good, but the adventuring sure did. His answer came immediately.

“Of course!” he shouted, jumping up from the floor in excitement. Kairi smiled as she watched him leaping around, overjoyed. It was the happiest she’d seen him in weeks.

“You guys can come too,” Goofy pointed out, glancing at Kairi and Riku. Imari was forgotten, left in a corner with Taiko. Kairi quickly nodded, and Riku showed considerable interest. Tempted, he rubbed his chin.

“So, that means travelling around and looking for King Mickey?” he confirmed. Donald nodded. “Sounds like fun.”

Worried, Imari continued to watch as Riku talked of his travels. None of it made any sense to her. Here she was, sat on the beach with a giant dog and a talking duck, who spoke of leaving with the ones she loved.

“This is so exciting!” Sora smiled, blinded by his own joy, unintentionally ignoring the dangers of what he’d agreed to do. After all, if the darkness was back, then things wouldn’t be easy. And his skills were a little rusty, at best. But, as he thought, there would be plenty of time to practise on the ship. “When do we leave?” He was bouncing around, flinging up dusty gold with his heels.

“Sooner rather than later,” Donald concluded, “whenever you’re ready, we can leave.” Sora grinned.

“Then what are we waiting for?” he smiled, taking Kairi’s hand to help her off the ground. Riku and the others stood too, pacing off towards the ship, but Imari stayed still. Riku stopped, held out a hand to her.

“Come on,” he smiled. “It’s okay, I promised, didn’t I?” Imari didn’t move, still rocking Taiko as he slept. He sighed, knowing he was going to have to convince her. To him, it seemed she was just being stubborn. But to her, it seemed he was being inconsiderate. He was completely ignoring everything but the thought of travelling again. “You’re coming on the ship... aren’t you?”

Hope you guys like this. I kinda like it ^-^

CC would be great.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Yay! Donald and Goofy are back! Imari's reaction is kind of funny, but makes sense-- I'd definetly run if a big giant dog-thing came running towards me. Um...Sora just got seven years younger in three sentences. XD He's acting like a fifteen-year-old again. How will he explain him missing work...?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
... they won't. XD

I thought about that, but decided not to include it. I didn't think the newly-hyperactive Sora would care, lol. I kinda wanted to focus on him in this chapter, but I thought it would sound weird if I suddenly went from him to Imari, then started going on about how she was so scared.

Thanks for the great comments, expect the next chappy by this weekend.

<3 <3

Squall18

Great update Snow!:thumbsup:

It's good to see the whole group back together again.
I'ts also good to see Sora in a better mood now.

Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
Snow gots teh new siggy! w00t! I don't know why I'm posting again..to say uh that your FIC IS AWESOME! (And so you don't have to double post! ;) )

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Thanks oathy! I made my new sig today ^-^

And now that you've posted, I can post the new chappy! :D Not too much to mention either. Enjoy. ^-^

Chapter Seven

“Are you kidding?” Imari asked, her eyes wide. “Riku, I want to know just what is going on.” He groaned.

“I told you,” he sighed again, “I can explain later, we don’t have time for this.” She avoided his eyes, caressed Taiko’s face with light fingers. The little she knew about what was happening told her just one thing.

“It sounds dangerous,” she whispered, genuine concern in her voice. “And it’s not just you that you have to worry about now. What about Taiko, huh?” Riku eyed his son’s face, rubbing his chin. The light breeze coaxed his silver hair off his shoulders.

“The ship is safe,” he replied, “it got us to the ends of the universe and back. And we’re all here now, safe and sound.” Imari looked up at him, confusion in her entire expression. “Please, we don’t have time for this. Just… trust me.” Riku kneeled by her, touching Taiko’s face. Imari looked up at him, uncertain. “If I thought it would put you in danger, I would never want you to go.” Sincere, he then stroked her cheek.

She thought about it for a few minutes. It sure didn’t sound like something safe, from what she understood of the conversation. Still, if Riku was willing to let her and Taiko travel on it, then it must have been okay. She knew he wouldn’t let anything happen to their baby. And Donald and Goofy had seemed to have had a wonderful effect on Sora. No longer miserable and quiet, he was energetic and joyful, like he used to be. Now that he was happy, Kairi was happy. Riku just seemed to be happy to see his old friends. They all seemed fine with the idea of leaving on the ship. If they were okay with it all, then there was no reason why she shouldn’t be, too.

“I know,” she concluded, scratching her neck. She still seemed doubtful, but a glimmer of hope shone in her dark eyes. “And you’ll tell me everything if I come?” Riku nodded instantly.

“Of course,” he smiled. “I probably should have told you sooner.” Imari waited a few moments, then stood up.

“As long as it won’t be dangerous,” she said. Riku stood up too, walked her over to the ship, where the others were waiting.

“All ready?” Sora asked, buzzing with energy. His bright smile was strange to see after his weeks of melancholic behaviour. He was like a child again, bouncing around on the sands. Goofy led them onto the ship, and one by one, they followed. Riku took Taiko from Imari’s arms, letting her board the ship before him. Donald was last of all, and he closed the door as he boarded.

It had been a long time since they’d seen a Gummi Ship, and nothing seemed to be too different. The two piloting seats remained at the front, various buttons, lights, and displays dotting the greyish walls. A window had been added to the side of the ship, next to the door. There were a number of other doors, all leading off to different rooms. After all, this ship was much bigger than the last.

Sitting in the pilot’s seat, Goofy strapped himself in.

“We’re goin’ to Disney Castle first,” he explained, “to refuel and stuff. And I’m guessin’ you’ll be wantin’ stuff for the baby.” Riku nodded. Goofy turned around again, faced the front. “Oh, and you don’t have to sit down. This ship ain’t as bumpy as the last.”

Before anyone could respond, Donald had joined him, and was beginning the takeoff sequence. He pressed a few buttons, and the display before him lit up, with little neon lights and flashing screens. Pressing another sequence of buttons, and pulling a small lever, a dull whirring sound filled the air. Slowly, the ship lifted up from the ground, and blasted up into the sky. Within seconds, the endless, muted blue skies faded into glittering, ebony heavens, the bluish-green world hanging still before their eyes. Sailing smoothly through the stars, the ship did not jolt or shake as it used to - a welcome improvement.

Wide-eyed, Imari approached the window, touched the cold pane with warm fingers. Strangely, she felt no fear, a sense of calmness running through her body. Her dark eyes gazed out towards the velvet space before her, twinkling with millions of sparkling diamonds. Looking out there, she forgot she had no idea what was going on, or where she was going. She forgot everything, really, felt so small compared to the vastness before her.

“It’s beautiful…” she mused, her warm breath clouding the pane. She quickly rubbed it away, wanting to look out a little longer.

Their world lay before her very eyes, looked insignificant, dwarfed by the infinite space. Slowly, it was becoming a dot in the distance. Then another world passed by. Her jaw dropped. Other worlds. Suddenly, she felt a little closer to knowing what was happening. All the pieces were falling into place. She had to talk to Riku when she got the chance.

Meanwhile, Sora had taken to flying the ship. Goofy was sat on the floor, letting him do all the work. He had already sent a message to Queen Minnie, telling her that they would be arriving shortly. Sora had seemed keen to pilot ever since he had boarded, and now was fulfilling his wish.

He couldn’t believe he was actually doing this again. Part of him thought he’d never even be on a Gummi Ship again, and he was excited to be there. He gripped the controls in his shaking hands, trying to control himself. Disney Castle was just up ahead, but he felt tempted to continue on past it. However, he knew he couldn’t just fly by, and so set co-ordinates for landing. The journey to the castle always seemed so short, but that was because it was so close to their world.

“Ready to land?” he smiled to Kairi, stood at his side.

She nodded, smiling back. She was overjoyed just to see him so happy, so exultant after weeks of depression. They weren’t ideal circumstances - well, King Mickey was missing - but he seemed joyful enough, so she did not worry too much. She glanced around the ship. Donald and Goofy were talking, and Imari was still gazing out of the window. She didn’t seem to afraid anymore, but Kairi knew that Riku still had to tell her all that had happened. Riku didn’t seem to be too worried about breaking it to her - he was too preoccupied with Taiko, who had begun to squirm and sniff after a short sleep.

“I know,” Riku sighed, talking to the baby, trying to calm him. “You’re hungry. But I can’t help you with that.” Kairi smiled, hearing his comments. Riku always made jokes about everything. Donald heard Riku’s words, turned to face him.

“We’re landing now,” he stated. “Just a minute or so.” Riku nodded.

The ship burned down through the atmosphere, but it did not shake or heat up. Chip and Dale must have made some wonderful changes to the ship to stop all that. And then there was the castle, just below them. Finding a spot in the courtyard, Sora carefully manoeuvred the ship down to the ground. Donald switched the engines off, and Imari pulled the door open.

Queen Minnie ran out to greet them, standing on the cobbled floor. They piled out of the ship. Sora’s eyes were alight with childlike awe as he gazed up at the castle.

“Your highness,” Donald and Goofy bowed, leading as an example to the others. They all followed suit, even Imari, who seemed uncertain of who this was. Queen Minnie giggled.

“It’s great to see you!” she smiled, looking them all over. “My, you’ve all grown since I last saw you! Except…” Her attention turned to Imari, and she hurried over to greet her. “I don’t think I’ve met you before…” Imari was stunned at first, but quickly replied.

“Uh, my name is Imari,” she smiled nervously, her eyes darting to Riku all the while. “It’s nice to meet you.” Queen Minnie smiled.

“And it’s nice to meet you too!” her voice was incessantly cheerful, her face beaming with sincerity. But then a cry stopped her before she could continue. “Oh?” She turned to Riku.

“Sorry,” he blushed. He rocked Taiko gently. “He’s hungry.”

“That’s quite alright,” the Queen smiled, “we can talk later, you can go on to your rooms. I made sure you’d all have a place to stay.” She turned to Donald and Goofy. “On the second floor, okay?” They nodded, before gesturing for the little group to follow. They thanked Queen Minnie, before walking off into the castle.

They were led through, up a flight of stairs, and they stopped in a small corridor. They arranged a time to meet again, and then left the others to settle in their rooms. Sora and Kairi were given the room on the left, while Riku and Imari were given the room on the right.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Taiko breathed softly, now contently lying asleep on a blue blanket. Tiny baby fingers grasped his doting father’s, safe beneath his protective gaze. Since he was still so young, he didn’t do much but sleep - other than waking when he was hungry - which was convenient after the events of the day. Imari stood by him, arms folded over her chest as she watched over the two. She then looked at Riku.

“Are you going to tell me, then?” she whispered, avoiding waking the baby. Riku looked back up at her, nodded. He gestured for her to sit on the bed by him.

Riku was sat on the bed, Taiko lying asleep at his right. The bed sheets were a pleasant, pale blue colour, and the frame was made of white, carved wood. Most of the room was white - the walls were white, the furniture was white, and the floor was white - but the light, linen curtains matched the blue sheets. They hung either side of the huge, floor-to-ceiling window. The sun was setting outside, and the warm orange glow melted through the windowpanes, lighting some of the room with a gentle, yellow aura. Imari walked to the other side of the bed, sat by Taiko’s right. She looked up at Riku again, awaiting a response.

“I don’t know where to start,” he sighed, voice hushed. “There’s a lot for me to say.” Imari shrugged.

“Start at the beginning, I guess,” she mumbled. She then opened her mouth to speak again, but paused. Riku raised an eyebrow, and she suddenly continued. “I need to tell you something, too.” His eyes widened.

“What is it?” he asked, curious. He hadn’t a clue what she was talking about. “You go first, mine could take a while.” She took a deep breath, scratched her neck.

“Riku, I…” she seemed hesitant. Her expression suggested she was searching for the right words. “There’s something I guess I should tell you.” He drew closer to her, smiling nervously.

“Come on,” he smiled, “you’re… scaring me now.” She sighed, and he heard her foot tapping on the floor. Her eyes wandered from his.

“I…” she started, but then paused. She took another deep breath. “I-I knew about the other worlds, Riku.” He frowned.

“H-how could you know that?” he whispered, a little confused and apprehensive.

“I’m… I’m from another world,” she blurted out.

Some CC would reeeeally be appreciated. Hope you like it!

<3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back