• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Donald & Goofy vs KH1 Donald & Goofy.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeto

Awards
KH 2 because the fact that Goofy is ahead of everybody in almost every situation. It's so random and hilarious XD

But I also prefer KH 2 gameplay-wise. They had a lot of better moves, and the Limits were amazing... especially the Whirli-Goof.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
kh1. dudes were literally useless in kh2 unless you needed a limit or drive form.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Depends.
Goofy was actually quite useful in KH1 with the right abilities and Donald made good use of Cure and Aero.
Goofy isn't bad as a regular character in KH2 either, but Donald is less good. Actually, he's like permanently dead in my team.
BUT Donald has Flare Force which is a super useful limit, so...
It's really hard to decide, but overall, I'd say they're more useful in KH1.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KH1. Aero/Cure made Donald useful (and his magic was generally more powerful than you), and MP Gift made Goofy essential.

LingeringVanitas

lol Neither....they didn't really change anything about them in KH2....they were just as useless in KH2 as they were in KH1. Half the time I keep them dead in almost the entire game.

h.e.hassanein

Storywise KHI since I feel like their dialogue had more thought put into it and they actually had some conflict between themselves and sora which made them feel more like essential characters to the story than lackeys. on the other hand donald would not! stop! dying!!! in the first half of khI so I guess gameplay-wise KHII made them a bit better (not to mention limits)

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Depends.
Goofy was actually quite useful in KH1 with the right abilities and Donald made good use of Cure and Aero.
Goofy isn't bad as a regular character in KH2 either, but Donald is less good. Actually, he's like permanently dead in my team.
BUT Donald has Flare Force which is a super useful limit, so...
It's really hard to decide, but overall, I'd say they're more useful in KH1.
Exactly! Plus, Goofy had the amazing ablities MP Gift and Evolution making him on par with Donald when it comes to healing that is if you remove his other special abilities). You could also press the triangle button to give your party members a sort of boost.

In KH2 Goofy no longer has these abilties, Donald is limited to only 4 spells & he no longer has Second Chance, & the whole "triangle stuff is removed." All were removed in exchange were Limits & Drive Forms.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
KHI.
Donald could actually survive attacks in the first game. His Cures and Aeros were great buffs when you needed them. He was actually smart enough to cast Fire on Ice enemies and Blizzard on Fire enemies, unlike later games, and his Gravities would help in taking down Behemoths and other giant bosses faster.
Goofy had MP Gift, and in FM he also had a healing ability. I think it was called Evolution?

In KHII Goofy loses both of those smexy abilities, and Donald will almost always die to one hit in the second half of the game.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I never got why they removed the triangle command past KH1. It was so useful IMO.

It also creates some weird scenarios in the HD ReMix

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I never got why they removed the triangle command past KH1. It was so useful IMO.

It also creates some weird scenarios in the HD ReMix

They need the triangle button for reaction commands and limits/drive forms when you were in desperation form.

Gamingdevotee

I have got to say overall I prefer KH1 D&G. In terms of storywise D&G were more plot relevant and this was reflected in their dialogue such as when they left you on Hollow Bastion. In KH2 however they were less overall plot relevant, not that I didn't like their characters in KH2, it was just that they weren't as necessary to the story as in KH1.

Gameplay-wise in KH1 they were better due to the game being balanced more. KH2's heavy focus on Sora's gameplay ruined whatever semblance of balance Kingdom Hearts 1 had. I won't lie though, I did love the Limits. The Drive Forms were cool too but the problem with them was that each of them were just used to enhance Sora's abilities and so the gap between Donald and Goofy widened even more.

KH2 is my favourite game in the series however, but I still found that KH1 had much better balance

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have got to say overall I prefer KH1 D&G. In terms of storywise D&G were more plot relevant and this was reflected in their dialogue such as when they left you on Hollow Bastion. In KH2 however they were less overall plot relevant, not that I didn't like their characters in KH2, it was just that they weren't as necessary to the story as in KH1.

Gameplay-wise in KH1 they were better due to the game being balanced more. KH2's heavy focus on Sora's gameplay ruined whatever semblance of balance Kingdom Hearts 1 had. I won't lie though, I did love the Limits. The Drive Forms were cool too but the problem with them was that each of them were just used to enhance Sora's abilities and so the gap between Donald and Goofy widened even more.

KH2 is my favourite game in the series however, but I still found that KH1 had much better balance

You're not wrong. The gameplay in KH2 was more "Sora-Orientated" than KH1. Sure Drive Forms & Limits were made to look like it was teamwork but in reality Sora aka the player aka YOU were the one who had to activate these prize jems.

Plus, it didn't help that Drive Forms were just a way to make Sora use his party members to become stronger. While the Limits were just another way to gain i-frames while dishing out a ton of damage.

KH1 had more of a "teamwork" than KH2.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Storywise, I'd love if KH3 spent more time exploring Sora's relationship with Donald and Goofy. Sora and Riku have been done to death so it'd be fun to see Sora really connect with hus OTHER best friends.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Storywise, I'd love if KH3 spent more time exploring Sora's relationship with Donald and Goofy. Sora and Riku have been done to death so it'd be fun to see Sora really connect with hus OTHER best friends.

Except that we have done that to death too in KH 1 and KH CoM in nearly every second cutscene as well.
KH 2 also strew in a SDG scene every once in a while so I really do not see why out of all connections and relationships between Sora and other people supposedly close to him that need attention one would be with Donald and Goofy.
Sora's relationship with DG is the one with the most attention after Riku when looking at the series as a whole.

Have Sora interact more with Kairi, Naminé, Xion, Roxas, Mickey, TAV or even Yen Sid does actually fit the bill and is a much more intriguing prospect than "done to death" stuff that may count for both Riku and DG.

When talking solely about DG they would actually benefit from interacting and connecting with original characters that are not Sora.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
When talking solely about DG they would actually benefit from interacting and connecting with original characters that are not Sora.

Exactly, Donald and Goofy need a stronger presence with the original Kingdom Hearts characters (especially with their interactions with Riku and Kairi). It's really inexcusable at this point.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean it has been ages since SDG actually adventured together though. But I would love for DG to have more interactions with other original characters. And yes Sora needs to develop his relationship with other characters, like Kairi, more than with DG at this point.

And yeah KH1 is better for both story and gameplay for sure, they are not useless in that game at all. And they are fairly useless in KH2. And in general a lot of characters are kind of off in KH2, in terms of storytelling. So yeah.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I mean it has been ages since SDG actually adventured together though.

That's a different topic though as it doesn't change the fact that Sora's relationship with DG was portrayed adequately and given enough attention to give the audience enough of an idea how its dynamics work already in past titles.
With other major characters supposedly very important to him though Sora's relationship isn't nearly as well shown or addressed or in some cases even close to non-existant.
It becomes plainly obvious when looking at that shot in DDD where Sora repeats his "my friends are my power"-statement and all those close to him appear around him (except Naminé for some reason) and out of those the only ones where we know more about how their relationship and dynamics with Sora is are Riku, Donald and Goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back