• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Ending Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CSouppydog

Re: KH2 Ending Discussion Thread ***Major Spoilers***

ok.... so im all new to this forum but i have come across some intresting finds:

Me and my friend were reading the ansem reports(KH2)
and we came across some things.

First thing we noticed is that in ansem report #1 says thta ansem the wise found Xehanort at deaths door, and he had lost all of his memories. We think this is what the secret ending is refering to when it says "memory of Xehanort". The next instalment in the series ha something to do with Xehanorts past. (posably he is the fourth person walking in the distance)

A wile ago i saw a post talking about how at the bgining of the game Roxas has to finish a picture in the library of the mansion. The poster said that if you look closely ther are three circles in the picture one has the heartless symbol, the second has the nobody symbol, and the third is an unknown symbol.

The second the we nothiced was that in ansem report #4 it says, "The three elements that compose life...the heart, the soul, the body.
When life loses the heart, what happens to the leftover soul and body?" this plus the drawing leads me to believe that there might be another type on enemy, also:
Heart = Heartless
Body = Nobodies
Soul = Uknown enemy(souless/no-soul)

me and my freind came up with, im not shure if this is old or not i just kinda' came up with it.( even tho if it is old i posted it again... deal with it)

wtholyf

You know I'm really starting to think the game is going to become a MMORPG. Nomura said it was going to be more then just a game. Not only that, but like other MMORPG's, there will be some story line. That also could explain the gaps of the keyblade, AND explain the keyblade war. In order to wield the keyblade you must have a strong heart. Kairi learned to wield it when she wanted to despartely see sora. My guess is, throughout this MMORPG you learn the secret of the keyblade and you work your way through the game trying to obtain one, and then unlocking all its true powers. I'm thinking the game is set in the past due to what Xigbar said, "Man you're not even half the hero the previous keyblade masters were." This indicates that not only were there previous keyblade masters. It also means, the organization knows something about them. This ties into Zexion, Zexion was a pretty shady character. Wheter Zexion is alive or not is not currently known (his "place" was way messed up. I'm pretty sure you are gonna get to meet the nobodies, the heartless, and the other keyblade bearers. This MMORPG I believe, will be something like Fable. You can choose the road to light, the road to dark, the road to twilight, or the road to dawn "The Keyblade brought peace and destruction." As you progress through the game you learn more abilities and more truths. At a certain point however, when you've unlocked all the secrets. It becomes like an MMORPG. You can fight for the light or dark or fight both, or whatever. It sounds like it could be a massive RPG. I'm saying there could be some plot, and some kickass RPG going on

Kunoke

wtholyf said:
You know I'm really starting to think the game is going to become a MMORPG. Nomura said it was going to be more then just a game. Not only that, but like other MMORPG's, there will be some story line. That also could explain the gaps of the keyblade, AND explain the keyblade war. In order to wield the keyblade you must have a strong heart. Kairi learned to wield it when she wanted to despartely see sora. My guess is, throughout this MMORPG you learn the secret of the keyblade and you work your way through the game trying to obtain one, and then unlocking all its true powers. I'm thinking the game is set in the past due to what Xigbar said, "Man you're not even half the hero the previous keyblade masters were." This indicates that not only were there previous keyblade masters. It also means, the organization knows something about them. This ties into Zexion, Zexion was a pretty shady character. Wheter Zexion is alive or not is not currently known (his "place" was way messed up. I'm pretty sure you are gonna get to meet the nobodies, the heartless, and the other keyblade bearers. This MMORPG I believe, will be something like Fable. You can choose the road to light, the road to dark, the road to twilight, or the road to dawn "The Keyblade brought peace and destruction." As you progress through the game you learn more abilities and more truths. At a certain point however, when you've unlocked all the secrets. It becomes like an MMORPG. You can fight for the light or dark or fight both, or whatever. It sounds like it could be a massive RPG. I'm saying there could be some plot, and some kickass RPG going on

Somehow I don't see them making it into an MMO....besides, your theory contradicts itself. An MMO IS just a game. It's an interesting theory though. Possible I suppose.

wtholyf

How does it contradict itself? MMO's can have story lines (quests). But at the same time there are many players

E

exeter

ok sorry i dont know if anyone has already posted this but i beleive the main new person was xemnas rember when hes on the thrown he looks just like that. and whats disapearing behind him is his huge ship. It could have disappeared because he wanted it too or because it was after the battle with sora(unlikely).

TerranOvermind

I have a question that concerns the Door to Darkness and the door to the light.

What exactly was accomplished when Kingdom Hearts was closed in the original?

I was under the impression that Kingdom Hearts (aka Door to Darkness) was a "seal" of sorts that kept out the true power of darkness and in closing it for good, effectively stopping true darkness from spreading.

Now, in Kingdom Hearts 2, "Kingdom Hearts" is a gigantic construct of hearts from the defeat of Heartless and the door that appears above the tower is only a pathway to get to Xemnas.

King Mickey kept telling Sora that he will be the one to open the door to the light and that there will always be a door to the light. What confuses me is that the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2 seems to imply that the "door to the light" is merely a pathway to the "realm of light"(aka Sora and Co.'s universe) from the "realm of darkness" (where Sora and Riku are after defeating Xemnas). There was no "source" of true light like Kingdom Hearts 1's "source" of true darkness.

Was that what they meant to say all this time, that Kingdom Hearts is merely a physical doorway between the realms of light and dark? If so, why is Kingdom Hearts so important or even necessary? The Organization could create their own portals between realms and Sora "opened" a pathway to the "realm of light" with the power of his heart, not the Keyblade, basically doing what the Organization did. How special is that?

OR...

Have we even found the real "door to the light" yet as of KH2? Could Sora have just been describing what the pathway looked like? Is the door to the light a "seal" to the "source" of light, like the Door to Darkness was a "seal" to the "source" of darkness?

I just feel like it would be a cop-out if it turns out that Kingdom Hearts is just a gate between the light and dark realms and not something more significant like being "seals". I always envisioned Sora opening an alternate Kingdom Hearts door made of darkness that held back the "true" light like the original door made of light that held back the "true" darkness.

.:Game Master:.

The Black Samurai

TerranOvermind said:

I was under the impression that Kingdom Hearts (aka Door to Darkness) was a "seal" of sorts that kept out the true power of darkness and in closing it for good, effectively stopping true darkness from spreading.

Now, in Kingdom Hearts 2, "Kingdom Hearts" is a gigantic construct of hearts from the defeat of Heartless and the door that appears above the tower is only a pathway to get to Xemnas.

King Mickey kept telling Sora that he will be the one to open the door to the light and that there will always be a door to the light. What confuses me is that the ending of Kingdom Hearts 2 seems to imply that the "door to the light" is merely a pathway to the "realm of light"(aka Sora and Co.'s universe) from the "realm of darkness" (where Sora and Riku are after defeating Xemnas). There was no "source" of true light like Kingdom Hearts 1's "source" of true darkness.

Was that what they meant to say all this time, that Kingdom Hearts is merely a physical doorway between the realms of light and dark? If so, why is Kingdom Hearts so important or even necessary? The Organization could create their own portals between realms and Sora "opened" a pathway to the "realm of light" with the power of his heart, not the Keyblade, basically doing what the Organization did. How special is that?

OR...

Have we even found the real "door to the light" yet as of KH2? Could Sora have just been describing what the pathway looked like? Is the door to the light a "seal" to the "source" of light, like the Door to Darkness was a "seal" to the "source" of darkness?

I just feel like it would be a cop-out if it turns out that Kingdom Hearts is just a gate between the light and dark realms and not something more significant like being "seals". I always envisioned Sora opening an alternate Kingdom Hearts door made of darkness that held back the "true" light like the original door made of light that held back the "true" darkness.
I agree... after seeing Kingdom Hearts(the door) a second time I asked myself "Didn't you already lock this thing?" It was like De Ja Vu(sp?) and I felt that I had truly not accomplished anything in KHI... the heartless were still there, Maleficent came back to life, Ansem(in CoM) came back along with his Nobody. It felt pointless.

S

stoned420

TerranOvermind said:

OR...

well remember that whenever there's light there's also darkness and other way around. and how riku said it's not the darkness that should be feared, it's the people lurking in the darkness.

DriveMaster18

What do you think the the ending translation means "Everything is Born because of Slumber"?

Last edited:

supercallo

I beat the game yesterday, but i didn't complete Jimminy's Journal (standard mode) so i didn't get to see the keyblade wars ending, but it's fine becuase i've already seen it online...i still am working on unlocking it so i can earn it and then watch it. i did see the normal ending though, and here is my theory: Ok, there is a door to light a door to darkness and kingdom hearts which is both dark and light. sora locked the door to darkness in KH1 and in KH2 the organization try to open kingdom hearts, so he locked kingdom hearts. at the end of KH2 he used the door to light to get out of the dark world. so the door to light must be that: a door to the light world (destiny islands, all the disney worlds ect.) And the door to darkness...well i havent gotten that far yet lol

HSPNO300

About the secret ending, why is there an ansem report 0? I don't get why people say it's just a typo and suppose to be ansem report 1 when ansem report 1 comes right after ansem report 0.

Biggy

^lol I guess S-E is running out of ideas; in this game the ansem reports will be "The Super Secret Ansem Reports"... wait.. if it is going to be a prequal then how do ansem reports exist :/

X

xenogear

Maybe the keyblade wars mean its going to be an online game on the ps3......
There where enough keyblades...

moneyman232

my thoughts on the secret ending and possibilities in KH3

alright after watching the movie and reading the nomura interview here is my theory:

I believe the entire movie takes place in the past, just a short time before Ansem the wise is betrayed and after the past keyblade masters either pass or cast away they keyblades. I believe that the 3 people are standing at the very same crossroads into different worlds just as Sora did. The legend of the keyblade states the keyblade can also bring ruin to the world, right? Therefore, i believe that the door below the castle in radiant garden was opened sometime during ansem the wise's experiments.

I believe that Xehanort, travels to the crossroads in order to procure a keyblade. At his time of arrival he seems to come across who may be the chasers of the keyblade's. It's seems the three have some connection to a weilder seeing as they could all weild the blades without losing them.

My current belief is that the video is but a fragment of Xehanorts memories, i believe i can further back this by a short and almost overlooked part of the video in which the objects behind one of the "chasers" turns into a cloud of dust similiar to the opening video, which chronicles the events of the original and chain of memories. The opening video was also a fragmented sequence of memories, only certain things remembered as Sora had not yet recovered his memory.

It's seems that Xehanort possibly defeat's the chaser's and takes the road to dawn keyblade with him, Seeing as in KH1 it had the ability to unlock hearts, i believe he uses it to unlock the door, and is consumed by darkness. Because Xehanort was so curious, i believe him to be very similiar to riku, possesing a fearlessness of the darkness. This may be the reason Xehanort so easily took over riku's heart.

If this thoery stands true, then you can also make the conclusion that another known character has a bearing resemblance to sora, i believe this to be Zexion, simply becuase he supposedly has no weapon. I believe before he is overcome by darkness he was the master of the kingdom key that now belongs to sora. This would also explain how Xigbar had met a previous wielder. This retains the themes of connected hearts, and also leads us to the conclusion that the keyblade master saving the world is but a repeating instance in time.

What could possibly make Sora's story different is the fact that the weilder before him is corrupted, creating a paradox in the destiny of the keyblade master.

*Whew* that took alot, but hopefully some people may agree with my theory, it really seems to fill many of the plotholes left in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back