• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Final Mix discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaZinbritt11588

Don't you see. Square is not going to release this in the U.S. because of one thing: the PS3. That's right.

I remember reading that the PS3 is going to be able to play imported games including PS2 imports. By not releasing Final Mix and CoM in the U.S, it's going to give gamers especially KH fans more of an incentive to buy the PS3 just so they can play Final Mix without having to take apart a game system. This is all a big corporate plan by Square who has good ties with Sony to get U.S. gamers to buy the PS3. By getting them to buy the PS3, not also are their import sales going to increase, but they would now have plenty of PS3 owners who will be able to buy their new PS3 games.

So there you have it. Final Mix and CoM is just the bait. The bait to get people to buy the PS3. Very clever plan if you ask me.

hahaha!......Genius.......

YoshiAngemon

Maybe Re:CoM would end up bundled with a Greatest Hits Edition of KH2, which will turn out to be the SAME game that we had when we first bought it. That would be a sort of a waste. How about we just end up getting it for free, but with a catch to go by?

.:Mega:.

Awards
@ King Sora Strife

Don't be so sure. Really, there is NO confirmation for your theory. Why not try and think on the positive side? Really, Square knows how to make money, and KH2 sold better in the US than in Japan. XP KH2 FM wasn't planned at first either, from what I read in an interview. And, again, Square loves surprises. So, yeah, I still am stickin' on the bright side, but that's just me. It would AT LEAST make sense for ReCoM to come out over here, IMO.

~Mega

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Don't you see. Square is not going to release this in the U.S. because of one thing: the PS3. That's right.

o__o?

I remember reading that the PS3 is going to be able to play imported games including PS2 imports. By not releasing Final Mix and CoM in the U.S, it's going to give gamers especially KH fans more of an incentive to buy the PS3 just so they can play Final Mix without having to take apart a game system. This is all a big corporate plan by Square who has good ties with Sony to get U.S. gamers to buy the PS3. By getting them to buy the PS3, not also are their import sales going to increase, but they would now have plenty of PS3 owners who will be able to buy their new PS3 games.

I think part of my brain rotted when I read this part.

You sir, are the cause of death of brain cells. Congratulations.

Awards
Heh. And, about the PS3 thing, that doesn't rule out KH2: FM coming stateside. It's gonna have so much more bonuses than KHFM, so that might be enough to bring it around. I mean, it comes with a bloody new game!

~Mega

Sabrigami

Re: Preview of KH:FM+

SE never works in our favour. and they never will. they screw us over time and time again and yet we come back for more like puppies with our tails wagging. I will be happy to be proven wrong, but I doubt I ever will. and I agree, the thing they sent here was crappy in comparison. I havent even finished it yet (or have a real drive too) it almost seems like I wasted those four years for nothing.

Awards

Yyeah... personally, I find that theory rather lame. Square knows better than that, and believe me, there is NO REASON to keep it to Japan, since the only reason the first FM was made was cuz the US got extra stuff. They probably just wannaa surprise everyone. They don't dislike the US, IMO, anyway. I mean, FF7 got two extra bosses, KH got even more, but KH2 was equalized, probably just in case a FM WAS made, so both countries could get it.

Awards

Well, if(and, I think it will) it does come here, it probably won't be for a few months after the Japanese release, cuz they'll have to record the english voices for KH Re: CoM, unless, of course, they sell Re seperately.

YoshiAngemon

Maybe they'll port it over to the PS3, just to make us want to buy the Super-Expensive Playstation 3. Of course, the only possibility of Re:Chain of Memories coming to the US is if they release it with the Greatest Hits Edition of Kingdom Hearts II. That would make you wanna trade in your current KH2 for the Greatest Hits Edition, since it's the same basic game with no additional bonuses.

Awards

I concur. Square doesn't hate the US, and frankly, KH2 sold FAR more copies in the states, which adds on to the chances of it ending up here. Cuz, the average fan probably wouldn't bother learning Japanese and importing.

EDIT: And, y'know, maybe the Greatest Hits WILL be KH2 FM+. -shrug-

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Lol, then they wouldn't be making GoW for the PS2 if Sony wanted to sell
PS3's.....I know you were talking about Square but it's teh same thing....they could've easilly ported it over to the PS3 but they didn't...atleast not yet...

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards

Ok, the remake of CoM is an entire game. I highly doubt it will be Japan only. If Square plans on making it Japan only then they are idiots. They could gain alot more money by shipping it to North America. NA has the hots for KH like never before. Whoever thinks Square is going to screw us over like that is dimwitted. Square isn't THAT stupid...

Awards

EXACTLY! That's what I've been saying! XD Why would Square miss out on a chance to make a BUTTLOAD of cash? KH is more popular over here currently, and I'm sure many fans would love to have an improved CoM and a bonus-filled KH2. Why keep it to one country when there's really no reason to?

~Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back