• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Release Date Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkkingdomkey

ok i have read in some posts that some places have aready goten the game and are keeping them in stock so most likely it will come out on the 28 th

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
Ah-hah!

I just checked Gamestop's site again, and every Gamestop within 200 miles of me has The Godfather game in stock. And the release date they had posted was today. So with this, it's fair to say that the release date for KH2 will stay March 28 as they have it posted there. The ship date is most likely March 27.

KylonCocalina

ship date is most likely sooner then that since they have to give time for copies of the game to reach all stores across the country so they can all simultaneously put them on the shelves Tuesday morning

helios

Bronze Member
Depending on what dealers you have and where you live it may come out on the 27, 28, 0r the 29 its no telling you cant tell people what day that there nearest stores is selling their stock do you live near them no. And they may be wrong all you have to do is ask.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
its no telling you cant tell people what day that there nearest stores is selling their stock do you live near them no
Okay, first, that sentence made zero sense. English. Second, yeah, it is pretty easy to figure out. Just use the "Check Store Availability" thing on Gamestop's website.

E

Eclipse

godfather isn't from square enix though.

usually the website says they have it in stock on the release date, but if you actuallly go check at the stores, they will say "nope check tomorrow"

kingdom hearts 2 will ship the 28th from square enix, that's what they say.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
God, this is frustrating. Some games released today (Godfather) are already in stores, and other games released yesterday (Metroid Prime: Hunters, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) aren't even in stores yet.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
TwilightSoulKey said:
godfather isn't from square enix though.

usually the website says they have it in stock on the release date, but if you actuallly go check at the stores, they will say "nope check tomorrow"

kingdom hearts 2 will ship the 28th from square enix, that's what they say.

Note quite. It's a business trick, it happens all the time. They'll say something will be shipped, or released, a little bit later before they actually are put out into stores. It's so things can be evenly distributed between stores across the country, and to stop them from being sold out too fast.

They also do that with prices as well, hint toward a much larger price than it will be, let it float around in rumours, then when it comes out have it much cheaper so more people will buy it.

Of course, I could be wrong. Though it would make more sense otherwise. I mean, some stores get them the 28th, yet others get them the 29th/30th, so obviously they're spread out and take longer to come.

BlaZinbritt11588

Engulfed said:
Oh- well yer name is "Blazin BRITT" so I thought Britt=Britan.
Sorry. ^_^
And I've never heard of EBX.

nope....my name is Brittany so that's why it has "britt" in it. ;)

but i honestly think that you all will be able to get the game on the 28th. thats the release date.....i dont think they would actually give a date that the game is being SHIPPED on. what would be the point of that? it wouldn't benefit us.

just keeping your hopes up :)

Kunoke

I'm tired of all these rumors going around about how KH isn't shipping till the 28th, and will be on shelves later. It's not true. I don't know how it started, but let me fill all of you in.

This is how the game release system works. Shipping is earlier than the release date. You can go ahead and argue against that all you want, I don't care, you're wrong. And I'm not just saying that because I THINK I'm right, it's fact, pure and simple. They ship early to most stores, sometimes even a month in advance. The stores that sell the games all keep a stock pile. That way, when the release date comes and people pile in, they hand the copies to the paying customers, and the customers go home with a big smile on their faces. Mkay?

I've been preordering and picking up games ever since I knew it existed, and I have always gotten my games ON the release date. The 28th is the announced RELEASE DATE. Not the SHIPPING DATE. Two different things. Now, if you're in a special situation where you get your games late, that's different. Because I've heard from certain individuals that they sometimes get their games late. But if you live anywhere near a commercial community, your store already has the games. In fact, I've seen games on the shelves before their release date, but the store isn't allowed to sell them till the release date.

Is everyone clear now?

/end rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back