• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Release Date Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
That's what I thought at first. Snooping around on the Gamestop website a bit today has confused me. What you said is definitely true for some games, but not for others. We just have to hope KH2 is one of the ones that they do have stockpiles of before the release date.

Kunoke

Madness said:
That's what I thought at first. Snooping around on the Gamestop website a bit today has confused me. What you said is definitely true for some games, but not for others. We just have to hope KH2 is one of the ones that they do have stockpiles of before the release date.

That's what happens for most games, and especially the more popular and anticipated games. And they ALWAYS ship earlier than the release date, it's just a matter of if the store is keeping a stock pile or not. The only reason you'd ever get a preordered game later than the release date is if you were a little further away and/or your store routinely gets shipments late, for whatever reason. Certain companies are that way.

Almost always, game stores have the games ready to hand out. I always get mine right when they open on the day of the release, and I'm doing it for KH2 as well.

Darckcloud

Kunoke said:
Almost always, game stores have the games ready to hand out. I always get mine right when they open on the day of the release, and I'm doing it for KH2 as well.

Meh.Same here.But that might not be possible unless you reserved a copy.MAny Kingdom Hearts fans will probably go there right after school espically the high schoolers.I would probably guess that there might be only 6 copies left at 3:00 pm,and all of them were saved fopr people who reserved copies

Kunoke

Darckcloud said:
Meh.Same here.But that might not be possible unless you reserved a copy.MAny Kingdom Hearts fans will probably go there right after school espically the high schoolers.I would probably guess that there might be only 6 copies left at 3:00 pm,and all of them were saved fopr people who reserved copies

Yes, that's true. I might actually have my dad get it for me on his lunch break instead.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
Two fairly high-profile games got released today, The Godfather and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Of the two, it looks like Godfather was the one who had the stock piles and Elder Scrolls IV is the one that just shipped yesterday. According to the Check Store Availability feature on the website, my Gamestop still hasn't gotten their supply yet. The same goes for Metroid Prime: Hunters and Suikoden V. Maybe that thing only updates once a day, though. I dunno.

KylonCocalina

well afaik suikoden V comes out on march 28th as well.
Also the check store availability option on gamestop's website? don't trust it AT ALL. i had a lengthy discussion about this with a guy at my local gamestop. he claims they very rarely actually update that portion of the website. (this was when i was hunting for a copy of the rare gem Suikoden 2, which i eventually found :D )

EDIT-- just noticed this to the person above me, don't let them mail the game to you that's at LEAST 1-2 business days in the screwed up postal system...

2.EDIT-- square's front page says in big bold letters ON SALE MARCH 28TH

Last edited:

Ssj7Crono

Website
www.myspace.com
u know what, i dont have class on the 28th like most of the people here. its my day off of school, u see i go only three days a week Mon, Wed, and Fri. the 28 is on a tues day. since i dont have class all i have to do is be early at the store and be the first one to by it before anyone else can and before its sold out, and i also have it reserved so even better i get to play the whole day.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
KylonCocalina said:
well afaik suikoden V comes out on march 28th as well.
Also the check store availability option on gamestop's website? don't trust it AT ALL. i had a lengthy discussion about this with a guy at my local gamestop. he claims they very rarely actually update that portion of the website.
Yeah, I started to suspect that today. I think they only update it once a day.

MXsora

uh oh, im at a serious impass here
i have my reservation at ebgames for the 30th and i just learned on gamestop's site that they will do overnight shipping on the 28th for me
i don't know if a have time to cancel my eb reserve and reserve mine on gamestop!
eeeeeeek o_O!

Lightkeeper05

OK LISTEN UP!!!!!! Im a manager at one of the Gamestops on the eastern side of the U.S. Now people understand, we are getting the game on the 28th at 5o' clock. Thats does not mean we will be selling them, we are getting them. That goes for all gamestops in ths U.S. We will be selling them the 29th.

Now when ad says something will be in stores on a certain date, that means it is being shipped out to stores that day. That means the offical day will be the next. Have a nice day.

innerlight

not true in all cases, it has been talked about more times then i want to remeber, if the store company use the shipping that is same day or priority they get them later that day afternoon time, I know people working at to stores that use that shipping. If this was not true then why have all the games that I gotten these last years come same day. the only thing is they have them in the afternoon which is still same day they even call me because there where plenty of time where i rushed up after classes. so it depends on there shipping

Xalechim

Banjo kazooie FTW
i just have one question... everyones saying that you should pre-order your copy of KH2 before it runs out but in my town there are only like 20 kids who like kh and not to the fact that they obsess about it like i do so they are waiting.... so wats the rush to pre order???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back