• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 Release Date Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunny

TwilightSoulKey said:
my gamecrazy, ebgames, and gamestop get it the 29th. And just to let you know, living in california does not guarantee you a copy on the 28th

deathsaber lives in san diego, and gamecrazy, ebgames, and gamestop get it the 29th over there :p

basically i have seen nowhere that "sells it the 28th"

*sigh* Do you always hope for the worst? I'm not going to argue with you about when every store in the world gets it, but lets be sensible here. You said it yourself, half the forum thinks it'll be out the 28th and the other half believes the 29th. Now here's the sensible part and I'm gonna use your proof (though I lack hard evidence, I can pretty much assume safely I'm correct).

Square Enix will always and probably has always used the phrase, "_____ will ship to retailers on ______" Look at their press release page for proof that it's always the case. Now I reckon Final Fantasy XI was no exception. I can't find a press release for the game and they deleted the news archive from that far back, but I think it's safe to assume it was advertised as "Ships to retailers 03/23/2004."

Now living in Pennsylvania, I'm like what a three or four days away from California? Maybe five? I dunno. I know you can't drive there in a day. Anyway, my point is, I was at Gamestops distribution center to pick up the boxes of Final Fantasy XI, a game that "ships to retailers on 03/23/2004." I was there on March 23rd, at 8 AM to pick up the boxes with the manager.

I'm not telling this story to prove you wrong, keep reading.

Anyway, there was a reason why we had to go to the distribution center, I forget why exactly, something to do with the trucks or something.

My point is, it was at the distribution center before 8 AM the day it shipped to retailers according to Square Enix. There's no way you could fly a plane that fast to here unless you left at some ungodly hour in the morning, which Square Enix wouldn't do. We got the hard drives there, stocked them, and I bought mine and went home at 10 AM (we got back at 9 to open up the store).

"The Game Store" (name of the shop) in my local mall which is about 10 blocks up the street didn't recieve hard drives until the next day. I doubt most private game stores will have their games that day and some big business places like Gamestop won't. So I will agree that not every store will recieve the game on March 28th, but to blow off any chance that anyone not near California will not recieve the game that day is retarded. People across the country will be buying their games on March 28th, 29th, and 30th. The people who buy it on the 28th can be from Maine, Florida, Washington, Texas, Kansas, and California.

Again, I didn't tell you this to prove you wrong, because I know not every store in the country will get the game March 28th, even in Califronia, I agree with you. But you gotta comes to your senses and realize that no one far away from Califronia won't get it March 28th.

E

Eclipse

lol. my store just said i get it the 29th. i'm good with that, i really don't care anymore how it gets there, i just want it :) so if ya'll get it earlier, congrats :)

E

Eclipse

^^ yah. actually i'm gonna treasure one more day...because i will be like "wow...the last day before i get it....is there anything i wanted to do before this moment in my life hits me?" it will just be one more day of excitement, one more day of joy, one more day of anxiously waiting, one more day of dreaming about the next day. When it finally comes, all of that will be gone (except the joy part XD) and then it will finally come. so in a way, i'm looking forward to these last days :)

by the way doublesword, i'm sorry, but chances are if you don't pre-order, you aren't getting kh2 XD. most of my stores have nearly 100 pre-orders already, and they have so many they won't order more than the people who have pre-ordered. in other words, you don't order, you don't get one XD

Last edited:

Reverse Rebirth

I live in ontario and the eb games down the street said they got theirs on the 30th and the L.E. players guide on the 27th.

Now if i'm not mistaken with eb games you can get the game a day earlier than they sell them if you pre-order them correct?

I would like an anwser on this as soon as possible if someone knows than-you

E

Eclipse

^^ no pre-ordering does NOT get you the game earlier than anyone else. i repeat does NOT get you the game any earlier than any other person.

the ONLY thing reserving does is GUARANTEE the game for you. in other words, you don't have to worry about not getting a copy due to the game selling out, because they hold one for you

you get it the same day as everyone else, only you don't have to take your chances at not getting the game :D

PS: I reserved, both the game and the LE guide, i just called my EBGames and they said that they would get it the 29th, i could pick it up then, and that they will call me the day before to INFORM me that it will be there the the 29th. And that the LE guide should arrive sometime before the 29th :p

and i live in america, :p

Reverse Rebirth

Weird....I could have sworn I went a day early and got my game the last time I pre-ordered one....oh well thanks for the info...I get it the first day of my literacy exam then......oh well studying was never my thing anyways

Ice_Key55

yes i get friday off this week! KH2 on friday during the day and i dont have to take off school!

Yeah what u said about the shipping is true, and they might "ship" on the 28th, but it will arrive later depending on what u payed for shiping (first day,ect.)

E

Eclipse

maaaaan GUSY 2-4 DAYS LEFTTTT!!!! YESSS!!! *growls like a big manly gorrilla and beats chest*

Ice_Key55

want to know what bothers me?

we are so close to this game coming out, yet we have no commercials and the release date is a topic for discussion. You would think with it coming out in less than 5 days that we would be a little more informed.

E

Eclipse

^^ yess..true. but i emailed SE, and i am talking to them through live chat tomorrow, so expect a full confirmed ship/arrival/release date tomorrow!! :D

Ice_Key55

^^salvation!!!!!!!!

I think you should post the results in a seperate thread, cuz this is already 73 PAGES LONG!!!!!

E

Eclipse

yes. this will clear up any more questions, the only reason we don't have an answer yet...is because they don't work on weekends XD so i will get an answer tomorrow XD

E

Eclipse

they don't...SE ships the games....gamestop gets them XD but if you get it on tuesday, congrats!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back