• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KH2 The Novel Vol. 2 to release Dec. 2017, KH2 The Novel Vol. 1 cover revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

May has just begun, but there is already quite a bit of news about the manga and novel series for Kingdom Hearts. The final volume of the Kingdom Hearts II manga had been pushed back from May 23rd to May 30th 2017. The cover art for the first volume of KINGDOM HEARTS II: The Novel and the release date for the second volume of KINGDOM HEARTS II: The Novel has been revealed.

Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 2 by written Tomoco Kanemaki and illustrated by Shiro Amano will release on December 12th 2017 for $16 USD and be published under Yen On, Yen Press' light novel imprint. The second volume contains 272 pages and you can preorder it right now from Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

In the meantime, you can view the newly revealed cover art for KINGDOM HEARTS II: The Novel Volume 1 below: 

KINGDOM HEARTS II: The Novel Volume 1
Page Count: 288
Price: $16 USD
Release Date: June 20th 2017

Based on the hit video game series!

Roxas is a boy who lives in sleepy Twilight Town with his friends Hayner, Pence, and Olette. As the last week of summer vacation comes to a close, the four spend their days together, making sure to leave no regrets. All the while, Roxas worries about the strange things that keep happening to him...

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | Book DepositoryRightStuf

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Y'all don't know how hyped I am for these novels. GP's translations and the few summaries out there have kept me alive all of these years, but now I can sit and feel happier that we will finally see more into Sora's head during this game.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Nice, can't wait! I never got to read any fan translations, so this is entirely new for me.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can understand the hype for these very well and I'll certainly import those babies, lolz.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Anyone who has read translations -- what kind of insights do the novels provide? I've always wondered.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Anyone who has read translations -- what kind of insights do the novels provide? I've always wondered.

They provide a bit more depth to Sora during his travels to find Riku. In the games he is portrayed as happy-go-lucky but in the novels he is a bit more aware of himself and the situation he is in. He's not super introspective but he has more thoughtful moments than in the game. Also prior to KH3D's confirmation, it provided the first hint that Axel might have been reformed as a human.

Also just adds some moments that have the cast interacting with each other more.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Good to finally have a solid date for the KHII novel. The Chain of Memories novel was fantastic so I will definitely pick this up too.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

In general one could say that the novels do a much better job in making you care for the characters than the games do.
You get insight into people's thoughts, more interactions between people and in the specific case of the KH 2 novels, also a glimpse into some of the events that in the game happened 100% behind the scenes.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm also really excited for this. I swear that the KH novels are the light of my life:)

And I'm especially hyped for this one, as it sounds like it has a lot of scenes that the game itself really could have used: Riku nearly getting into a fight with DiZ, and Namine holding him back from it (there's also some nice Axel and Namine interaction in that scene. And Riku and Namine deciding to go and save Kairi together, IIRC)... Riku fighting Xemnas, I think... Axel and Saix fighting, before Axel appears to help Sora... and Namine meeting HPO, but having to erase their memories of it, etc.

I honestly can't get my hands on this soon enough! Thank you, Yen Press. Thank you.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This thread is literally about the translated novels being released.

Is it rude that I imagined this being stated in a total deadpan voice with appropriate facial expression?
Because I totally cracked up at the thought.

---

Volume 2 is coming out still this December?
Daaamn, I haven't even yet found time to properly read my imported Volume 1.

Gotta need to notify my importer nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back